• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

From the bottom of a sauce bottle – 3 way trade

Number 2

Pederson for a 2nd round pick.

We don't have an available 2nd round pick unless the above deal goes through. (our 2nd rounder is committed to JV)

Does this mean that Nudge is right and the deal I heard about at 9am this morning is close to complete?

Go Dees!

The 3 way deal is done

Announcement within 2-3 hours just a few details to iron out such as Dawes signing contract alteration etc

Well done Dees, a nice deal indeed imho

If this doesn't come true, I'm taking my likes back.

• Like 6

Geez Oli - Get over it. These guys know exactly what they're doing. Leave them to it. Go Dees!

When we do better then 16th then I will.

I think our performance over the past 5 years warrants some skepticism and not just all blind faith....

I apologize if you don't agree

• Like 1

I think our performance over the past 5 years warrants some skepticism and not just all blind faith....

And yet for the first time in 5 years it looks like they are actually trying to do something about it.

Can't have it both ways!

Jack Viney = Midfielder

Pick 4 (Wines, O'Rourke or Toumpas) = Midfielder

Dom Barry = Midfielder/forward

Farren Ray = Midfielder/HBF

Midfield isn't being forgotten. It's just easier to find midfielders then it is KPP.

Edit: =

Edited by Tall Defence
  • Like 1

There is some excitement this trade / draft period olisik.

But I do tend to agree with you.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating, when we start winning games against Vic. teams I will get excited.

Right now I have a smile

• Like 1

hmm i actually dont think its been a done deal guys. i respect nudge's great work alot but from what i have been told Dawes is still undecided and the ray talks are a way off as st kilda still think ray is a required player for 2013..

but happy to be proven wrong!

And yet for the first time in 5 years it looks like they are actually trying to do something about it.

Can't have it both ways!

I disagree actually.

The same feel was on DL this time last year when we landed Clark and drafted Taggart and Magner, got a new coach ect. Added Misson Craig and so on.

I need to see the action on-field before I will be satisfied.

If people want to start getting happy and excited about making a few trades then go for it but personally I wont be until we get some wins on the board.

Edited by olisik
  • Like 1

hmm i actually dont think its been a done deal guys. i respect nudge's great work alot but from what i have been told Dawes is still undecided and the ray talks are a way off as st kilda still think ray is a required player for 2013..

but happy to be proven wrong!

I don't reckon it'll get done today Dazzle.

Dawes needs to make public a desire to be traded to MelbourneFC before this can go down.

There is a bit of buzz on twitter atm suggesting that an announcement could come from Dawes soon.

I don't want to go against Nudge, coz he seems to be more on the money than I am. But I think it'll happen over the weekend, if it is going to happen.

You're entitled to be sceptical. Our performance has been poor by any measure. My optimism comes from the fact there seems to be a plan to get specific types of players to fill gaps in our list. I'm sure there will be a big improvement in the midfield, and all over the ground, next year and it will come not just from new players but from a team with better fitness, a better understanding and adherence to a winning game plan along with a much strengthened culture. We are one year into Neeld's reign. He has been putting the pieces in place with the footy department and is now starting to get the right pieces on the game board. It was never going to turn around in one year. Whilst I understand your doubts, I'm just buoyed by the sense of an actual strategy at play in our drafting so far. We've moved away from the kids only policy of the past and seem to be building a team with some bodies that can make us a hard team to play against, instead of being pushed aside like we have in recent years.

Let's hope this is the start of something different at the MFC. Go Dees!

I don't reckon it'll get done today Dazzle.

Dawes needs to make public a desire to be traded to MelbourneFC before this can go down.

There is a bit of buzz on twitter atm suggesting that an announcement could come from Dawes soon.

I don't want to go against Nudge, coz he seems to be more on the money than I am. But I think it'll happen over the weekend, if it is going to happen.

It's gone 10pm Pacific Time over in the US. I expect an answer from him in the next couple of hours or not at all today.

If this doesn't come true, I'm taking my likes back.

Speculating here, but if they are waiting to iron out some paperwork alterations to his existing contract and getting Dawes to sign off on it. Might take a bit of time with Dawes in the States....just saying.

I need to see the action on-field before I will be satisfied.

If people want to start getting happy and excited about making a few trades then go for it but personally I wont be until we get some wins on the board.

This I agree with - I have been burned one too many times - quietly optimistic but definitely withholding judgement until I see some proof positive.

• Like 2

This I agree with - I have been burned one too many times - quietly optimistic but definitely withholding judgement until I see some proof positive.

I'm sure we are all in that boat of quietly optimistically speaking terms.

• Like 1

We gather that. Questioning every rumoured pick, player thrown up with pessimism is most evident.

What if Whitfield, Toumpas and Wines are the first 3 picks. Do we take Grundy.

Good question Theo, it is a possibility but I think there is no way GWS will knock back Grundy. They already have an exciting young midfield, yet lack an exciting young ruckman. Other than Giles they don't really have a standout, so I think it's more than likely Grundy* will go at 2 or 3.

EDIT: * I accidentally wrote Giles.

Edited by ignition.

I have a few on ignore but its amusing that the ones whinging about potential tades are the same ones whinging that players wouldn't come or meet with our club :wacko:

Edited by dandeeman

Yes get this deal done. So I'm guessing after this happens 39 will go to North for Pedersen maybe.

So if all this is true the nett for us is:

Out: 20, 45, Martin

In: Dawes, Ray, Pedersen

That would leave us with Viney, Hogan, 4, [any FA compo], 65, 83 thru the draft.

Dawes' agent is coming onto TWR now, and has just announced that he will play at Melbourne!!!!

• Like 3

So if all this is true the nett for us is:

Out: 20, 45, Martin

In: Dawes, Ray, Pedersen

That would leave us with Viney, Hogan, 4, [any FA compo], 65, 83 thru the draft.

Its only 1 week into a 3 week trade period. Will we go quiet?

So we have now got Dawes, Burns, Hogan, Viney, Barry, pick 4, possibly Farren Ray, possibly Pedersen, and then two more draft picks from this Trade/FA period.

This is looking to be a very good off-season so far.

• Like 3