• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Speculation that Hawthorn are interested in Gysberts and may be willing to part ways with Pick 28 for him. Could allow us to do the following:

Gysberts to Hawthorn

Pick 28 to Melbourne

Martin & Pick 49 to Brisbane

Pick 33 to Melbourne

Pick 28 to North Melbourne

Pedersen & Pick 39 to Melbourne

Pick 39 & Bennell to St Kilda

Ray to Melbourne

Morton to West Coast

Pick 62 to Melbourne

Wouldn't pay 28 for Pederson would rather use it elsewhere. We still have pick 33 according to your summation.

Pick 62 for Morton is just not worth talking about.

• Like 1

Wouldn't pay 28 for Pederson would rather use it elsewhere. We still have pick 33 according to your summation.

Pick 62 for Morton is just not worth talking about.

fair pickup that.. 33 should be ok for Nth to float their Jacobs boat

Im not sure anyone knows now how much reality there is in the WA thing. though where there was nothing purported to be something there might have been something all along..lol

confused ?? I know I am

Edited by belzebub59

So we lose Gysberts,Martin,Morton and Bennell, and gain Ray and Pederson?

No thanks.

Might be able to keep players that are OOC like Petterd, Jetta, Bartram, Bail and Spencer however.

Nothing is as straight forward or black and white as it seems at first glance.

You have to look a little deeper.

We have to get Viney, Byrnes, Pick 4, Dawes, Barry, Nicholson, Evans, PSD3, any Delisted FA we want, and any other ND picks we want onto the list. That is a minimum of 9 and possibly 11 spots.

We have 1 vacancy right now, with Viney, Byrnes, Barry, and Dawes already taken into account.

We need to find another 5 spots at least, and probably more.

So we lose Gysberts,Martin,Morton and Bennell, and gain Ray and Pederson?

No thanks.

I'd take all those picks but wouldn't use 28 on pedo. I can handle 33 for Martin then passed on for ray. North are dreaming if they want 28 for a vfl player. The same could be said of us wanting 33 for Martin.

Pick 62 for Morton is just not worth

And Pick 33. The reason why I suggested to trade Pick 28 for Pedersen was so that we could hopefully get Pick 39 back to use for Ray and keep 33. Doubt they'd give us 39 if we only offered them 33. Then we'd have to use 28 on Ray and the earliest Pick that they could give us back in about 45 I think?

Fair enough on the Morton trade.

• Like 1

Speculation that Hawthorn are interested in Gysberts and may be willing to part ways with Pick 28 for him. Could allow us to do the following:

Gysberts to Hawthorn

Pick 28 to Melbourne

Martin & Pick 49 to Brisbane

Pick 33 to Melbourne

Pick 28 to North Melbourne

Pedersen & Pick 39 to Melbourne

Pick 39 & Bennell to St Kilda

Ray to Melbourne

Morton to West Coast

Pick 62 to Melbourne

I'd prefer to keep pick 28 and move pick 33 to North for Pedersen. However, I don't mind the proposal except the Morton to West Coast part. I would think we could get more than that for Morton given his age and "potential". However, from what you have stated we would end up with Pedersen, Ray, pick 33, 62. I would think that St Kilda would be satisfied by pick 39 alone, rather than needing to move Bennell as well. But, if we're going to delist him anyway, it may not matter.

Edited by pm24

With the Tippett deal now in limbo, could Tippett fall into the national draft if a trade does not get done before tomorrows deadline? If so, I'd suggest it likely that GWS would pick him up with one of their first three picks in the ND which would give us another young prospect available at our pick 4.

Interesting to see what the AFL do about this one, and who's likely to benefit.

With the Tippett deal now in limbo, could Tippett fall into the national draft if a trade does not get done before tomorrows deadline? If so, I'd suggest it likely that GWS would pick him up with one of their first three picks in the ND which would give us another young prospect available at our pick 4.

Interesting to see what the AFL do about this one, and who's likely to benefit.

We will see by 2pm tomorrow where he is headed.

It will be interesting.

If I was GWS and his only option was the draft I would say 'we are going to take you in the ND so do us a favour and go through the PSD.'

We will see by 2pm tomorrow where he is headed.

It will be interesting.

If I was GWS and his only option was the draft I would say 'we are going to take you in the ND so do us a favour and go through the PSD.'

And if I was head of the AFL wanting GWS to get a leg up, knowing what Ken Wood and Brett Clothier might know regarding possible salary cap breach and draft tampering, I'd give the green light to penalise and let him fall into the Draft. Plus give $1million extra in salary cap to GWS (because we make it up as we go...you know).

Such ramifications could result in GWS picking him up at pick 12. or yeah, PSD...

And if I was head of the AFL wanting GWS to get a leg up, knowing what Ken Wood and Brett Clothier might know regarding possible salary cap breach and draft tampering, I'd give the green light to penalise and let him fall into the Draft. Plus give $1million extra in salary cap to GWS (because we make it up as we go...you know).

Such ramifications could result in GWS picking him up at pick 12. or yeah, PSD...

I would throw him into the draft.

And ban him for two months.

And ban Velocity for a year.

And take away the Crows 1st round pick for a couple years.

Looks likely to be a slow motion car crash, with lawyers, possible court case and [censored] off fans. Doubt the AFL can/will be able to come up with a penalty that maintains the integrity of their laws and ensures some of the parties don't go "legal" before 1:30 tomorrow.

Surely if he entered the draft and GWS didn't take him early, the Doggies would...

I think it would be unlikely that GWS would pick him up given they have some really good young KPF's in Cameron and Patton plus the money he wants would screw with their retention of players.

The Doggies would seem an obvious choice but I'm not sure they would take the risk, unless he was born near or has family somewhere around the Western oval.

That is an absolute heist for Gold Coast. I don't see why Freo would give him up so cheaply. Maybe they are clearing cap space to have a go at someone else.

Think he was on a bit of coin. They may be building a 'warchest' to make a big play on Franklin next year.

• Like 1

I hope we don't trade Morton for a pick in the 60's. Surely he is worth more than Pedersen.

I can't believe how ridiculous North are. Don't play a guy and expect the world for him, absolute jokers.

Agree with you. You'd have to have rocks in you're head to trade Morton for a pick in the 60s. Not the greatest, but worth more than that. Plus, I still have hopes for him.

Pederson deal will go to the wire, gut feeling is it won't eventuate.

Think he was on a bit of coin. They may be building a 'warchest' to make a big play on Franklin next year.

That's a good call. Franklin is out of contract at the end of 2013 (possibly a restricted FA, but not sure 100% on that, he might not have been around long enough to qualify). Freo are ambitious these days and they will have to go ridiculously hard, maybe an offer of $6m over 5 years in order to have a chance. Can't see them getting over the line though. Hawthorn have been preparing for this and I reckon they'll lock him up early in 2013 on big money. They said publicly quite a while ago that they've been keeping space in their cap available to re-sign him, knowing he's going to cost a lot more this time around. Hawthorn will be very keen to avoid the circus that developed around Cloke and Collingwood this year. Only way that doesn't happen is if Franklin decides to chase the cash.