Plumbing the depths of journalism

Chelly

Hardly epic for this bloke Jack, more like a routine Denham fail.

For epic he can do much worse.

Too true PM.

It's just another line and length piece of abjectly p155 poor journalism from Denham who would be better off simply not writing about us in the interests of accuracy in reporting.

• Like 1

I listen to SEN 90% of my travel to and from work, and often when driving at other times. When Denham comes on I switch to something else or off. I cannot believe he keeps his journalist credentials. He makes wild, unsubstantiated claims more often than not, then uses the great media escape of "that's journalism" or "I'm only reporting what I was told". He guesses stuff, it is that simple.

Greg Swan made a fool of Denham when he rang SEN to STRONGLY dismiss the Jack Watts to Carlton crap. I get the feeling clubs other than the MFC get frustrated with such un substantiated crap too. I loved Gregs delivery to KB. It made Denham look like a [censored] and a massive tool

Denham is not worthy of the journalism tag,

What is it with KB. Its like he is running a welfare program, trying to lift the profile of two writers at the Australian. WHY????

Hardly epic for this bloke Jack, more like a routine Denham fail.

For epic he can do much worse.

More a classic than an epic then?

Just heard the goose speaking on SEN with Kevin Bartlett saying Melbourne will get Dawes because they've thrown more money at him. Says we're after everybody and are becoming the Melbourne Bears.

Is he right or do we have a strategy in place with respect to recruiting players?

Just heard the goose speaking on SEN with Kevin Bartlett saying Melbourne will get Dawes because they've thrown more money at him. Says we're after everybody and are becoming the Melbourne Bears.

Is he right or do we have a strategy in place with respect to recruiting players?

He's right to a certain extent, but everyone knew Melbourne was going to be active before FA/Trade period, because the club stated it's intention to all in sundry. So Denham knew we would be active. Because Melbourne is linked to so many names on the move, he can justify comments like the Melbourne Bears because it sits well with him.

I'm sure the club has a strategy in place. It's pretty clear the intention. I have reservations about the amount of KPP they have been linked to - some may view it as a scattergun approach - but you've got to be in it to win it; maybe they are after two as Neeld hinted in reports.

My desire for the club is to improve the midfield. But I acknowledge that the likes of Viney, pick 4 (mid), possibly pick 20, and perhaps Ray would be a improvement

So what's Desert Heads problem ? We're being aggressive and encompassing. People just aren't used to the new Melbourne. They want us the older easy timid irrelevant easy beats they can all kick .

Some are in for one hell of a nasty surprise in 13 as we'll be the head kicking hunters out to square a few accounts.

Bartlett is just a self absorbed idiot, he's far from alone though.

• Like 1

Are you serious MO

GD would not know a tram was up him till the Connie rang the bell.

I am confident the FD knows what is needed and is going for it.

I think we are over the Youth and nothing else policy of Bailey and company.

We need improvement in 2013 it is now or the MFC will slip into oblivion.

He's right to a certain extent, but everyone knew Melbourne was going to be active before FA/Trade period, because the club stated it's intention to all in sundry. So Denham knew we would be active. Because Melbourne is linked to so many names on the move, he can justify comments like the Melbourne Bears because it sits well with him.

I'm sure the club has a strategy in place. It's pretty clear the intention. I have reservations about the amount of KPP they have been linked to - some may view it as a scattergun approach - but you've got to be in it to win it; maybe they are after two as Neeld hinted in reports.

My desire for the club is to improve the midfield. But I acknowledge that the likes of Viney, pick 4 (mid), possibly pick 20, and perhaps Ray would be a improvement

Not really right; at the moment we have only signed one player from another club this trade f/a period and 3 kids. We may be talking to a lot as we should but lets see where that takes us.

denham gets so few calls correct he is actually going out to celebrate one correct call in two years.Speaks volumes about the mug.

He makes so many calls he has to get one right I guess. I still remember how he berated a caller last year around finals time when Denham was stating that Yarran was an absolute champion, the caller thought the champion tag was a bit premature. Good player when things are going for him Yarran, pace to burn and skills but champion? Football is not Denhams strong suit.

Not really right; at the moment we have only signed one player from another club this trade f/a period and 3 kids. We may be talking to a lot as we should but lets see where that takes us.

I did say "to a certain extent" - we are talking to quite a lot of players, which was his point. the Melbourne Bears comment relates to a place not many players want to go there. He would refer to Caddy and Wellingham in this regard.

I did say "to a certain extent" - we are talking to quite a lot of players, which was his point. the Melbourne Bears comment relates to a place not many players want to go there. He would refer to Caddy and Wellingham in this regard.

Cheers, you're probably on the money there 'H_T'. I took it they he was referring to us a club full cast off players but your take makes more sense.

I don't know about that.

But I'm sure there would be a queue of about 500 landers, waiting to do smack him in the head.

Waste of space, waste of thread.

I didn't hear him today, but I bet he compared Melbourne's 2012 recruiting to Brisbane's 2009 recruiting. Probably threw in a "scatter gun" and a "haphazard" and a complete lack of context. He probably also bristled with indignation when KB or any caller challenged him on it.

Thin skinned wannabe hard-hitter.