You see what you want to see. We beat a top 4 side in uncontested possessions, were only down 19 on uncontested possessions, and for all the mistakes, turnovers, outgunned midfield, and lack of fitness, we equalled them for inside 50's and tackles. And this with a large chunk of our list out of action and 14 players with less than 50 games.

and ...

"Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun

Saw signs of life in Melbourne today. First half ball use and outside run impressive in parts. Just got smashed in ruck and down back."

But carry on.

totally agree, i only noticed the stats at 3/4 time and we have improved a lot in all areas since the start of the season. the telling stat was goals scored from turnovers. they were huge and really was the story of the game. the fact is we have improved and there is something to be hopeful about.

Theres a bloke who plays for us who simply has to go . He's crucifying us practically every game.

You all know him .....TURN OVER

get rid of him and we stand half a chance in future

I was there, felt it could have been a different game if we kicked the first 3 of the second which we missed.

Besides that I wasnt surprised at the result.

What really annoyed me was the poor turnout. One of our champions was playing his final game and we could only manage 18,000 people. Im not getting carried away and suggesting that we should have gotten 80,000 but I would have thought 30,000 would have turned up. Pretty poor MFC supporters.

I was there, felt it could have been a different game if we kicked the first 3 of the second which we missed.

What really annoyed me was the poor turnout. One of our champions was playing his final game and we could only manage 18,000 people. Im not getting carried away and suggesting that we should have gotten 80,000 but I would have thought 30,000 would have turned up. Pretty poor MFC supporters.

Youll find Sunday evening is a black hole.

Once our players decide they want to start winning games, maybe they'll get a few more people through the gates. Until then, they deserve to play in front of whatever die-hard supporters are willing to sit through the garbage they dish up every week.

Once our players decide they want to start winning games, maybe they'll get a few more people through the gates. Until then, they deserve to play in front of whatever die-hard supporters are willing to sit through the garbage they dish up every week.

Ill gladly sit through it to give Brad Green the send off he deserved.

• Like 2

again ...Sunday evening fixture is not that family freindly. Many, myself included have too much on and too many other commitments.

Its never been a good time to get crowds.

it might suit a pay for view channel...certainly doesnt suit anyone else in the main. Might be different if youre single and got nothing else happening. I Wouldnt know.

• Like 1

again ...Sunday evening fixture is not that family freindly. Many, myself included have too much on and too many other commitments.

Its never been a good time to get crowds.

it might suit a pay for view channel...certainly doesnt suit anyone else in the main. Might be different if youre single and got nothing else happening. I Wouldnt know.

Whatever helps you sleep at night champ

Whatever helps you sleep at night champ

mate...gfy
  • Like 1

Someone with a keen interest in watching Melbourne play footy. Being at the ground is not my highest priority, and I don't care who knows it.

You wouldnt go if we were in the 8? Or in the finals? Prelim? Grand Final?

Im curious to know what would make you prioritise going to watch the team you support

You see what you want to see. We beat a top 4 side in uncontested possessions, were only down 19 on uncontested possessions, and for all the mistakes, turnovers, outgunned midfield, and lack of fitness, we equalled them for inside 50's and tackles. And this with a large chunk of our list out of action and 14 players with less than 50 games.

and ...

"Jay Clark@ClarkyHeraldSun

Saw signs of life in Melbourne today. First half ball use and outside run impressive in parts. Just got smashed in ruck and down back."

But carry on.

Thanks I will. Sick of 5 years of crap.

No need for that

What 'good for you'?? You pious and sanctimonious keyboard champs who berate ppl for not going to the game clearly don't understand that some have busy fulfilled lives..

Great you could go. And I'm sure you missed your mothers funeral to attend a high quality important game on a Sunday arvo. Well done champ;

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 4

You wouldnt go if we were in the 8? Or in the finals? Prelim? Grand Final?

Im curious to know what would make you prioritise going to watch the team you support

I went every week for the first four years of us being out of the 8 ('07 to '10). I'll start going again when we look like winning a majority of our games. Once we dip back down again, I'll probably keep going for a few more years. But I have better things to do with my life than freeze my nuts off for no reason every weekend.

There was a time when I'd do anything to shift my responsibilities and go to the game. But that time has passed, at least for now.

Edited by Chook

What 'good for you'?? You pious and sanctimonious keyboard champs who berate ppl for not going to the game clearly don't understand that some have busy fulfilled lives..

Great you could go. And I'm sure you missed your mothers funeral to attend a high quality important game on a Sunday arvo. Well done champ;

Who was I berating? Im sure BB59 will be fine. I was saying it was a poor turnout and I found it frustrating. Thats my opinion and im expressing it, isnt that what forums are for?

• Like 1

I went every week for the first four years of us being out of the 8 ('07 to '10). I'll start going again when we look like winning a majority of our games. Once we dip back down again, I'll probably keep going for a few more years. But I have better things to do with my life than freeze my nuts off for no reason every weekend.

There was a time when I'd do anything to shift my responsibilities and go to the game. But that time has passed, at least for now.

I see where you are coming from, everyone is annoyed that we arent winning games. I just thought more could have found a reason to make an exception yesterday.

did someone shrink the crow's jumpers in the wash this week or did i just see the premiere of "Magic Mike"?

they did remind me of the chinese swimming team of a few years ago

you don't think they could be ........................................

That pygmy of commentators, Tony Shaw on radio last night "Mellbourne are a disgrace they have had 13 no.1 draft picks in the last 6 years"

Sadly none of the other pygmies picked him up on it

You can catch Tony at the Chair of Mathematics at Melbourne Uni (when he's not head-butting elm trees)

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen the Adam Sandler movie '50 First Dates?'

Meets a girl who has amnesia every day, has her memory wiped, and has to constantly go on first dates with Sandler...

Adam Sandler is Melbourne, the girl (Drew Barrymore) is us, and our current 'crapness' is the 'first date.'

How can we be constantly appalled by what we see; we know we are crap, we continue to be crap, and yet every week we tacitly howl at the moon - 'we're crap?'

Give it up.

Season is almost over, we will hopefully have a few new names and the old ones will be fitter and stronger.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the Adam Sandler movie '50 First Dates?'

Meets a girl who has amnesia every day, has her memory wiped, and has to constantly go on first dates with Sandler...

Adam Sandler is Melbourne, the girl (Drew Barrymore) is us, and our current 'crapness' is the 'first date.'

How can we be constantly appalled by what we see; we know we are crap, we continue to be crap, and yet every week we tacitly howl at the moon - 'we're crap?'

Give it up.

Season is almost over, we will hopefully have a few new names and the old ones will be fitter and stronger.

Drew Barrymore (us) never recovers at the end of that movie. She's just made to feel better each day by watching replays of her past :unsure: