Optimists only - let's dream

The Reverend

Super start to the day today! Viney with pick 26 and there is talk of us likely trading pick 3 for hogan in the mini-draft and we also get pick 20! I've seen footage of Hogan playing and everyone around him look like little grasshoppers! he is an absolute behomath, give him a year under afl training and a year in VFL and we would have ourselves a forward capable of dominating defence lines for many years to come :) as for pick 20, Dawes would fit in well with that pick. Also Perdersen via a player trade our forward line will be set up immensly!

With Viney already being picked up at pick 26, we have huge potential to get another star in the midfield (wines/O'rourke) and zippy small fwd (kennedy). This draft should be the year where we make a killing and really set ourselves up for the near future and become a "superpower" as voss said we would become!

now there is optimism B)

Edited by young dee enthusiast
  • Like 1

So, Day 2 and we have Viney at 26, Jesse Hogan ready to go in 2014, Dom Barry - an excitement machine from the St Pat's football factory and Shannon Byrne FA.

We still have picks 4 & 20 to use. I'm super impressed with the work of the FD so far. Fills me with confidence. Must be dis-heartening for the pessimists though. Still I'm sure they'll find something to whine about.

Go Dees!

• Like 1

So, Day 2 and we have Viney at 26, Jesse Hogan ready to go in 2014, Dom Barry - an excitement machine from the St Pat's football factory and Shannon Byrne FA.

We still have picks 4 & 20 to use. I'm super impressed with the work of the FD so far. Fills me with confidence. Must be dis-heartening for the pessimists though. Still I'm sure they'll find something to whine about.

Go Dees!

Go get em Rev.

Should be good fun going down to Casey next year, OD.

You can watch your amateur footy and Casey if the Dees still suck...

Have to admit rpfc there has been way more joy watching Uni Blacks and Casey.

However Uni Blacks go up a division in 2013.

So Dees will be ( got to remember the thread we are on ) much better in 2013!!!!!!

I'm attempting to keep my expectations under wraps.

If i look back to this time last year, we were all discussing how much depth we seemed to have and how 2012 was going to be a good year.

These signings are great, but i dont want to go into 2013 expecting too much, however they seem to be ticking off all the right boxes for now.

• Like 1

I'm attempting to keep my expectations under wraps.

If i look back to this time last year, we were all discussing how much depth we seemed to have and how 2012 was going to be a good year.

These signings are great, but i dont want to go into 2013 expecting too much, however they seem to be ticking off all the right boxes for now.

C'mon, no hedging bets on this thread. We're optimistic and we don't have second thoughts. Everything is great at the moment. I can't think of a more exciting time in the history of this club. We are poised for a long period of domination and a return to our rightful place as the pre-eminent team in the competition.

Get on board. The future is so bright I'm going out to buy a truckload of sunglasses.

Go Dees!

It just keeps rolling on. Dawes will make a difference. He is a premiership player and will add a lot to our forward line in tandem with Mitch Clark.

The good thing is there's more to come.

This wave of optimism and hope is going to carry us into the new year and bring an end to our suffering.

Go Neeld, Go Dees!

• Like 1

It just keeps rolling on. Dawes will make a difference. He is a premiership player and will add a lot to our forward line in tandem with Mitch Clark.

The good thing is there's more to come.

This wave of optimism and hope is going to carry us into the new year and bring an end to our suffering.

Go Neeld, Go Dees!

Praise be the lord Reverend

Praise be the Lord

It's a grand old flag!

The signing of Chris Dawes speaks volumes for the determination of the MFC to address the wrongs of the past and to establish a basis for future success. We're getting what we target and we're not giving up any more than we need to in order to meet our targets. I'm sure Olisik and others will complain that pick 20 is overs but if Dawes meets the identified needs of the football department then who are we to question? We can't have it both ways. We demanded something be done and now it is. I've never been more excited about the future. No more being pushed around. No more bruise-free football, no more 186. From here the way ahead is upwards and onwards. Go Dees! Go Neeld! Go Tim Harrington!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been holding off bringing this thread back but I think it's time.

Obviously, opinion is divided. Change will do that I guess. We can't deny that something radical needed to happen. Recent years have been heart breaking and something had to give.

Enter Mark Neeld. Time will tell if this audacious man has what it takes to restore our fortunes, but he sure won't die wondering.

At a time like this we can choose optimism, pessimism or we can sit on the fence. I believe that the first two are contagious. but only one of them has the potential to be a positive force. Our club needs positive supporters and the energy their optimism brings.

Get on board folks.

Go Dees!

• Like 3

Looking at the boys back at training reminded me why I follow footy and my belief that we are now prepped and poised for a significant upswing in our fortunes.

Why?

Well i'm glad you asked:

- Draw is in and looks favourable with many winnable matches at home in the first half of the season.

- the player cleanout is almost complete and there are young stars and hungry experienced players coming into the playing group

- our large collection of talented kids have returned to the club, trim, focused and aware of the gap they need to close over the next year to compete in finals, and now know their success rests on their shoulders.

Go Dees, bring on 2013 and lets shove it up the rest of the footy world.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 3

Looking at the boys back at training reminded me why I follow footy and my belief that we are now prepped and poised for a significant upswing in our fortunes.

Why?

Well i'm glad you asked:

- Draw is in and looks favourable with many winnable matches at home in the first half of the season.

- the player cleanout is almost complete and there are young stars and hungry experienced players coming into the playing group

- our large collection of talented kids have returned to the club, trim, focused and aware of the gap they need to close over the next year to compete in finals, and now know their success rests on their shoulders.

Go Dees, bring on 2013 and lets shove it up the rest of the footy world.

Thanks PRB. I thought I was the only one out here.

With all that's happening at the moment it's easy to forget that we will still be playing football next year and that we do have the chance to shut up some of the critics. The AFL will do what they wish, as they always do, but the MFC will roll on. Let them fine us, take away draft picks, punish individuals - whatever. If it results in a clean-out at the top and a fresh start, well so be it. I'm only interested in what goes on out on the ground. I'm looking forward to next year and seeing a team that will wear the bruises proudly and hand back as many as it gets. No more [censored] footy. Now is the time for all of us to get behind Neeld and the boys who will turn this club around. Out of adversity comes strength. We will always be the Melbourne Football Club.

Go Dees!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've been quiet for a couple of weeks but now it's time for everybody to get on board. The future looks so much brighter than it has in years. Surely there can't be any pessimists out there tonight. C'mon, Tonatopia let's see you talk this one down. Where are you Old Dee? Crack open the single malt and have a tipple with me.

Welcome aboard Jimmy Toumpas! Go Dees!

• Like 1

Okay, I've been quiet for a couple of weeks but now it's time for everybody to get on board. The future looks so much brighter than it has in years. Surely there can't be any pessimists out there tonight. C'mon, Tonatopia let's see you talk this one down. Where are you Old Dee? Crack open the single malt and have a tipple with me.

Welcome aboard Jimmy Toumpas! Go Dees!

Well reverend I am on a strict Diet at present However

But Mrs OD has just gone to bed so I figure I can afford one.

To the Dees mate

Looks like a group that is ready to go tomorrow and not a skinny choir boy in sight.

A good night at the draft I reckon. I'm just really,....optimistic, with ALL thats happening in the footy personal dept right now. I cannot see it being easy to get a game for ANYONE on our list now, and thats gotta b good? Maturity, bigger bodies & seemingly more, depth! Surely bodes well 4 us? No predictions just full of optimism me. Welcome to all the new lads.

Car'n the DEE'S

Good to see we finally have someone in charge who can see the bigger picture got rid of some of the list cloggers and went after players at draft shame to lose rivers defenders like that hard to find.i am 100% behind Neeld got a great view of getting players with a bit of go and instills belief in the young guys can't wait for 2013. Just like Geelong years ago nobody wanted to go there but with some of the latest pick ups and the kids we have they soon may be knocking on the door to be part of this might club. Carn dees will be cheering u boys every week. Good to see jones playing great footy and with our pick ups he will blossom good to see a boy from the redlegs making his stamp on this great club.

• Like 1