Beamer ... Nothin' but a Dreamer?

Range Rover

i sit on the fence when it comes to both Sylvia and Beamer. IF Neeld and the other coaches can see light at the end of the tunnel for them, keep them both. But if their attitudes are as bad as people on Demonland might have you think then yeah, trade away. Its disapointing though, becasue we'd be trading some of our more accomplished and talented players and more than likley be replacing them with lesser lights.

All my non demon mates rate Jamar, Moloney, Davey & Sylvia as our best players. I think its sad that the masses on Demonland are happy to say good riddence to the majority of them.

Then it's all settled then, as your mates clearly know more about MFC than MFC does.

i sit on the fence when it comes to both Sylvia and Beamer. IF Neeld and the other coaches can see light at the end of the tunnel for them, keep them both. But if their attitudes are as bad as people on Demonland might have you think then yeah, trade away. Its disapointing though, becasue we'd be trading some of our more accomplished and talented players and more than likley be replacing them with lesser lights.

All my non demon mates rate Jamar, Moloney, Davey & Sylvia as our best players. I think its sad that the masses on Demonland are happy to say good riddence to the majority of them.

For mine i'm happy with Jamar and Sylvia. I reckon Sylvia had a bad start to the year with a pretty serious injury but has responded to Neeld. He'll always be a ltitte bit up and down but talent wise close to our best player and tough. No way he will be let go. Jamar did the club a a big solid by resigning at a time when we needed the filip, showing faith in the direction of the club and putting paid to rumours he was off to GWS.

Davey the jury is out but he too had a terrible year for injury and i have a feeling Neeld (and Misson) will turn him around so he can be one of the crumbing options we so sorely need.

Maloney? I think he is the one who has said good riddance, but who knows perhaps its not too late.

Then it's all settled then, as your mates clearly know more about MFC than MFC does.

No they dont, but perhaps being impartial and not investing a great deal of emotion into the youth on the list allows people to form a more rounded opinion on the older fellas current output?

Im happy to admit i rave about Grimes, Trengove, Blease etc based 3/4 on what im seeing right now and 1/4 on what im hoping i'll see in a few years time. Same goes with being harsher on the older guys IMO

either your mates are watch the 2010season or they're winding you up

DemonWA I think the sad part is that they have been amongst our better players

Says lots about the list in 2012

Exactly right. To get rid of Beamer would show disgraceful club culture. Enough to make me not renew my membership, and feel footy is nothing but a business.

Footy is a lot more than just cold business, there are fundamental human qualities like loyalty and decency that form the backbone of a great club culture. Rrov, your philosophy is full of holes. Beamer is the reigning b&f, a beast of a man that is coming to grips with a new game plan.

I have seen no signs at all that Beamer is "coming to grips with a new game plan". Imo he has struggled enormously, and made absolutely no impression! Unfortunately, Beamer is a 'one trick pony'. Other clubs have worked him out, and he is far too predictable. My guess is that there will be a mutually agreed parting of the ways at the end of the season, but if that happens, I really hope you renew your membership tonatopia.

• Like 1

I have seen no signs at all that Beamer is "coming to grips with a new game plan". Imo he has struggled enormously, and made absolutely no impression! Unfortunately, Beamer is a 'one trick pony'. Other clubs have worked him out, and he is far too predictable. My guess is that there will be a mutually agreed parting of the ways at the end of the season, but if that happens, I really hope you renew your membership tonatopia.

Yes to all that

I do not want to see him leave but I think the die is cast.

I think he wants out doubt he will need a push.

Guest King Cuthbertson

He looks completely lost out on the field. I don't know exactly why. I can see that people want him resigned because of his loyalty, he's a club champion and so forth. But the fact remains, we've won 4 games this year, and 3 of them against the newbies. We haven't played finals football since 2006.

The AFL is a cuthroat business, there's little room for sentimentality in the here and now. It's clear to me that the experienced players who were overlooked in the leadership group this year are expendible. We're building a list around the current leadership group and the youngsters we've drafted in recent years.

I don't know what sort of value Neeld and co. put on Brent's current tenure, but if it were up to me, i'd be encouraging him to listen to other offers.

Guest KingDingAling

He will be a better fit at Essendon.

We need to develop more mids, well, something needs to be done in there and Moloney isn't the answer.

Moloney tends to just hack the ball forward, it results in no direction into our foward line.

Jones used to do it, he has improved it ten fold this year.

You look at Adelaide today when they go inside 50, they will always try and hit a target, instead of wasting it like Moloney does.

He will be a better fit at Essendon.

We need to develop more mids, well, something needs to be done in there and Moloney isn't the answer.

Moloney tends to just hack the ball forward, it results in no direction into our foward line.

Jones used to do it, he has improved it ten fold this year.

You look at Adelaide today when they go inside 50, they will always try and hit a target, instead of wasting it like Moloney does.

I'd be very surprised if Hird and Thompson are keen. The last thing their midfield needs is another one-paced bullocker.

Moloney's only hope is GWS and GCS IMO.

I still think he has value.

Like I said I think he'll be at essendon as that is where my mail tells me he will be.

Don't know any details as to what we would receive. Maybe melb would be happy to leave compensation to the afl as he is a recent club b&f winner. Apparently that has some weight in the mystery afl formula. But who really knows. I think the 'formula' is the afl commission deciding on a whim and playing god.

I am not sure that he is a better fit at Essendon when he apparently wastes the ball! Given they have no one to really support Jobe Watson then I dont see Beamer as a fix.

Watching him at Casey yesterday was sad as he was ordinary and a player who looks so pumped at MFC games just looks like he is playing out time. He should be at least prominent at Casey. He isn't and its not helping his prospects in the market place

I would be staggered if he is at MFC in any way. I am not sure he is a sure bet to be at any club other than possibly GWS where they might want a senior body to replace Junior.

I think youre on to something but i dont htink its physical. He's lost the 'will" in a fashion. He doesnt beleive, whether its in himself, the club, its coach or the way forward where'ever .... Footy is so much between the ears and hes not in a good place.

Some may think many of us heartless as we seem tosome to overlook the humanity of the game, or any endeavour but its not the case. There is hte person and there is the game. I acknowledge the person but its the game im interested in. You only have to take your eye off the ball a smidge and itll pass you by.

hes at the crossroads. As a person I wish him well..As to the clubs fortunes we simply need players of ability who buy in. If he cant, hes moved on, thats life.

I think this sums the situation up perfectly. If he does have the sulks, or won't or can't do what the coaching staff want of him, then arriverduci.

In retrospect a good move that he isn't in the 'leadership group' as he hasn't the temperament.

Edited by monoccular

Makes sense. He can hit the clubs up there in his tighty-white t-shirts and do a lot of finger pointing and yelling at the gold coast youngsters. He'll love it.

Yes, was my immediate thought. He'll be in his element with all those youngsters to yell at and deride (whilst kissing the feet of Ablett and partying with Brown). But GC do need some bigger bodies in the mid field though so pretty good fit for them i suppose.

I can't see Essendon wanting him. The demons have the worst midfield in the league. Can't see how a mid who can't command a place in our side is going to help improve Essendon's poor midfield. He'd love the weapon though - think of all those bench presses and squats he could do!