Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Demonland

So how do we fix the problem and start winning?

Please give me more than, 'it will take time'.

I firmly believe our list is capable of making finals.

I see the upside of all players, I even think fellas like petered and bennell can be developed to be very good footballers.

Well see that's the problem right there. Even if this list did sneak into the finals we would be walloped like essendon the last couple of years and struggle to proceed past week 1 (no way we would get near the Prelims).

Well see that's the problem right there. Even if this list did sneak into the finals we would be walloped like essendon the last couple of years and struggle to proceed past week 1 (no way we would get near the Prelims).

Are you serious?

Really, are you serious?

Maybe I am crazy. I would be absolutely stoked if we made the finals. Absolutely stoked if we were in the position of north Melbourne, instead I have to suffer this excuse making bullish from someone who prefers to come last.

Really, are you serious?

So how do we fix the problem and start winning?

Please give me more than, 'it will take time'.

I firmly believe our list is capable of making finals.

I see the upside of all players, I even think fellas like petered and bennell can be developed to be very good footballers.

Have you seen any of the games this year?

This is either a case of ignorance is bliss, or you are slightly retarded sir.

thaipantsman, I don't see the correlation between eye contact during interviews and coaching.

You're not a Neeld fan (fair enough) but many (including me) believe that the list is now more accountable. We had too many lazy footballers who loved their reflection and guns - now, they need to reach AFL level.

Hi Jumbo,

First one to clear up is I am neutral with Neeld. Was disappointed yet another untried coach. Kept turning up. Same result. Insiders believe Neeld is endeavouring to clone Collingwood's game plan and apply it to Melbourne.

This concept is crazy. This is just starters. The kids are lost under Neeld. They aren't permitted to act instinctively. Luke Hodge has commented twice that he is a loss with this style of play, i.e. failure to consistently use the spare player and instead kicking long and wide to contest.

Jumbo Melbourne are an embarrassment. Not competitive in the slightest. Direct contrast to what Neeld promised in the first year. Media are opting not to comment publicly yet but this will change with a loss to Gold Coast a distinct possibility. Sides can simply turn on a switch and beat us with little effort.

Come back into reality. As for the eye contact thing.. Eye contact is everything for a coach. If the Coach say's "do something" "do do do" and is looking at the ground or anywhere else but the people or person he is projecting the message then it won't work. The message will be lost. It becomes more HOT AIR. He is simply not competent and it's not his fault. Should never have been appointed. He has turned a potentially good list into a complete and utter desperate rabble.

Ask anyone outside of this forum for an opinion about Melbourne. Mid way last year there were good signs. Now absolutely no signs and it's not the players.

Did you happen to watch the Tigers v Blues game. Two teams all playing guts out. What a stark contrast to Neeld's Melbourne. Bruise free Melbourne.

Relentless has not been instilled in Melbourne. Players are not inspired. We are not even a shadow of these two middle tier sides.

Edited by thaipantsman

You have to be kidding Thai. Don't say you're neutral then call him incompetent. It's like me saying I'm neutral to your posts, but I think you're a fool....

I watched Tigers and Blues. I saw an up and coming side blow it against a team that missed its window.

Have you seen any of the games this year?

This is either a case of ignorance is bliss, or you are slightly retarded sir.

Retarded?

Now now McFloonie. Save your slurs re: retarded or whatever....not called for in this forum. It's you that needs to come into the real world. I have seen most games. Melbourne have no leadership whatsoever. Totally rudderless. Extremely poor and the worst Melbourne side I have seen. Was to young to remember the late 60's but apparently we were pretty bad back then.

Neeld will either be sacked or leave toward the end of next season. How can we entice the most elite young players to this club while under this Guy? Why do you think Cloke doesn't want a bar of Melbourne.

You have to be kidding Thai. Don't say you're neutral then call him incompetent. It's like me saying I'm neutral to your posts, but I think you're a fool....

I watched Tigers and Blues. I saw an up and coming side blow it against a team that missed its window.

Neutral meaning I don't hate Neeld. Probably chose the wrong word in the context of the discussion. Neeld is not incompetent. Neeld is out of his depth and may have been a good support coach. He is lost. Lost as the main man. To create a good analogy here. Graham Kennedy and Bert. Neeld is Bert. he's ok but not good enough to be the main man. Maltouse Buckley and well down the list Neeld. That was Neeld on the Collingwood Pecking order.

Edited by thaipantsman

Are you serious?

Really, are you serious?

Maybe I am crazy. I would be absolutely stoked if we made the finals. Absolutely stoked if we were in the position of north Melbourne, instead I have to suffer this excuse making bullish from someone who prefers to come last.

Really, are you serious?

all i got out of this match was good supercoach scores from goldstein and gibson :)

get drew petrie my friend!

Are you serious?

Really, are you serious?

Really, are you serious?

Ah yeah, of course I'm serious. I want a premiership, constantly being a side on the fringe of the 8 and being smashed by real sides doesn't do anything for me. I'd love to make the finals as well but only if it were a stepping stone to get to consistent top 4 finishes and multiple shots at a flag. Daniher couldn't do that, Bailey definitely would never have been able to do that with the front-running bruise free football he was implementing. Look at Essendon this year, same as us last year look good when everythign's going their way but when a side applies real pressure on them they go completely missing and get smashed by 10+ goals. That is the same pressure that is applied in finals which is why they've been belted the last couple of times they've made it and why the same would happen to us if we made it playing Bailey's game.

You'd be stoked to make finals, were you stoked when we got belted by Geelong in the 2005 EF? Because that is the same fate we would have met sneaking into 8th under Bailey.

• Like 1

Ask anyone outside of this forum for an opinion about Melbourne. Mid way last year there were good signs. Now absolutely no signs and it's not the players.

See this is where your argument self-destructs in a nuclear holocaust of stupidity. What were the signs like when we lost by 186 to Geelong? What were the signs like when we played bruise-free against Carlton on Friday Night Football? What were the signs like when WCE strangled the life out of us at Subiaco? What were the signs like where Hawthorn decimated us in the 3rd quarter after some smiling and backslapping heading into the rooms at half-time? If you thought the signs were good last year you were watching a different team to me, Surely I don't need to go dredging up all those old Game Day/Post Match threads from 2011 to prove my point, I assume you were around here at the time and didn't just sign up when Neeld was appointed to push your agenda.

If neeld is not replaced, there may be a challenge to the board.

Neeld or Roos/ malthouse.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon.

You honestly think if we could have got Roos or Malthouse we would have passed them up for Neeld? Honestly? And you have the gall to ask me if I'M serious?? Your option is no option at all because your alternative is no possibility of ever happening.

• Like 1

Hi Jumbo,

First one to clear up is I am neutral with Neeld. Was disappointed yet another untried coach. Kept turning up. Same result. Insiders believe Neeld is endeavouring to clone Collingwood's game plan and apply it to Melbourne.

This concept is crazy. This is just starters. The kids are lost under Neeld. They aren't permitted to act instinctively. Luke Hodge has commented twice that he is a loss with this style of play, i.e. failure to consistently use the spare player and instead kicking long and wide to contest.

Jumbo Melbourne are an embarrassment. Not competitive in the slightest. Direct contrast to what Neeld promised in the first year. Media are opting not to comment publicly yet but this will change with a loss to Gold Coast a distinct possibility. Sides can simply turn on a switch and beat us with little effort.

Come back into reality. As for the eye contact thing.. Eye contact is everything for a coach. If the Coach say's "do something" "do do do" and is looking at the ground or anywhere else but the people or person he is projecting the message then it won't work. The message will be lost. It becomes more HOT AIR. He is simply not competent and it's not his fault. Should never have been appointed. He has turned a potentially good list into a complete and utter desperate rabble.

Did you happen to watch the Tigers v Blues game. Two teams all playing guts out. What a stark contrast to Neeld's Melbourne. Bruise free Melbourne.

Relentless has not been instilled in Melbourne. Players are not inspired. We are not even a shadow of these two middle tier sides.

thaipantsman, love the debate with you and I cannot agree with this. As Biffen said, someone needs to start a blue as this team is perceived as 'soft' - you are a supporter and have been to most games this year and watched us stride 10 feet tall when Mitch Clark was playing. Neeld will get more players of his ilk - one is on the way and his name is Jack Viney. I believe that Jones will step up even more in 2013 and become an elite midfielder. Throw in a couple of ready made ruthless lads and we're away.

The back line is taking shape and the rest will follow. Btw, did you watch their bruising encounter against Essendon? I was there and I will now defend this team to the hilt against anyone who that says they play bruise free stuff.

Keep your passion because we all do and always will.

You honestly think if we could have got Roos or Malthouse we would have passed them up for Neeld? Honestly? And you have the gall to ask me if I'M serious?? Your option is no option at all because your alternative is no possibility of ever happening.

Hey gonzo, ok, we can't change the past.

However we can make serious decisions that influence the future.

If we can snag malthouse, Roos, sheedy or choco for 2013, I think it would be irresponsible not to do so.

Remember, we have already lost 5 years, and that results in losing thousands of young supporters who are entering primary school and being teased because they go for Melbourne.

No more gambling with our future.

Neeld is not our man. Let's make a decisive move to secure our future.

Your next decisive move will be from the couch to the fridge for another green bottle.You must be drunk to think that we can blame Neeld for all this tripe.Our injury list has left us picking 6 or so players that aren't up to it .Next year will see 10-12 new faces at the place and all the time-wasters will be gone .Playing a top 8 team at Etihad and losing is just a part of life for us at the moment .If you want to sack the coach can I ask who the messiah is?Do you have a solution to the problems you see or are you just trying to make a bad situation worse ?
  • Like 1

If neeld is not replaced, there may be a challenge to the board.

Neeld or Roos/ malthouse.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon.

I know a good one for you but even he may not be able to help you .

You're right. It does sound stupid.

Maybe because you like being a bee-atch and being walked all over .

Gazing across the paddock yesterday afternoon, and seeing a team featuring the likes of Blease, Nicholson, Strauss, Spencer (the biggest player on the park, and the only one to not take a mark all day) and Tom McDonald, all of whom have played less than 20 games ... then visiting the "changes" threads where there are posts calling for the inclusion of Gysberts (18 games) and Tapscott (24 games) ...

It's beyond me how anyone can consider mounting a critique of the coaching staff when around a quarter of the team is made up of inexperienced kids - not to mention the other quarter of our team who are only at or under the 50 game mark.

• Like 4

See ya. Why wait?

Well,that really is a really good way of completely alienating an already disgruntled member. A little more understanding of some peoples frustration might be appropriate.

The fact is the Melbourne Football Club is really in deep S@#t. And not just because it has had a succession of incompetent administrations,a poor and unbalanced playing list, poor coaching, inadequate facilities and lack of finances, a prime reason that we are in this position is that we have a small and dwindling supporter base. In the fifties and sixties Melbourne had a substantial supporter group. This base has steadily declined while other clubs have thrived- Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon and St Kilda are the best examples. They have done this because they were able to take advantage of Melbourne's (the city) growth patterns, involvement in local communities through football and,of course, on field success.

By way of contrast, Melbourne has squandered its rich heritage and successful past. Unlike Collingwood and Hawthorn we weren't able to expand into one of the city's growth corridors and membership growth relied on the children of existing supporters. This naturally dissipated as they married with non Melbourne supporters whose clubs were more successful and either changed aliegences or looked to other entertainment. With one or two notable exceptions, our leadership/management group has been either incompetent or more interested in using their positions for their own corporate or social advancement.

And what have the long suffering, people like myself and other older members, been subjected to over the journey? We have done it for Robbie, paid for dissapearing bricks with our names on, dug deep for Jimmy and bought countless raffle tickets. We have gone through an entirely unnecessary merger attempt which gutted the club etc.

Just when we had an opportunity to set up the club for the long term future we wasted our comparaitive advantage with poor draft picks.

So no we find ourselves in a situation where we are playing garbage football and you have a go at a long standing member who has vented his frustration.

I for one share his frustration if not his chosen course of action.

And where are