• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The list - who goes at the end of the year?

Soidee

Newsflash RR... You can't get rid of ALL the players and bringing in a 100% new list...

Some of us like to wallow in a combination of depression ("uggghhh our players are all so crap..") and dreaming ("oh we'll get Viney, Boak, Caddy, Cloke, and 17 gun mids from the super draft"), and some of us deal in reality, and reality is as ordinary as Spencer is, he will most probably be on our list next year due to lack of options.

Everyone has their opinions on the players, but if you've been paying attention AT ALL you would have noticed that Neeld rates Spencer ahead of the other backup options at the moment, and as important as you think your opinions are, his is what matters.

Only advocating we get rid of 10 of them Stu. The dead wood.

Neeld has no choice but to play Spencer. Saying he rates him over other back up ruckmen is, like someone else said, saying he rates measles over chickenpox.

You deal in your reality (loving crap players). I'll deal in mine (demanding/pining for better).

Only advocating we get rid of 10 of them Stu. The dead wood.

Neeld has no choice but to play Spencer. Saying he rates him over other back up ruckmen is, like someone else said, saying he rates measles over chickenpox.

You deal in your reality (loving crap players). I'll deal in mine (demanding/pining for better).

Lol... Where did I say I love crap players? You always try and misquote or just make up things on behalf of other posters just to suit your "agenda".

I don't love Spencer, I'd be wrapped if we had to get rid of him cos we had better options, but right now we don't, and that's the situation we're in and why it sucks so much.

So yeah, I'll deal in reality and stick with my club while it tries to build something great, you can stay in your corner crying about why Dean Cox isn't our backup ruckman and how unfair the world is.

I think there are groups of plays of which one or two must go.

Group one .. Dunn, bate,petterd Morton...one or two of these must go

Group two... Moloney, couch,magner, green,davey, Macdonald...probably one of these must go

Group three... Jetta,Bennell,Lawrence.. One must go

Group four... Williams, cook,Davis,Evans,..one must go.

Leaves us 5 spots to draft or trade.

Jetta ,Evans ,Cook ,Davis and Davey may still be around next year.The rest are probably gone.

Lol... Where did I say I love crap players? You always try and misquote or just make up things on behalf of other posters just to suit your "agenda".

I don't love Spencer, I'd be wrapped if we had to get rid of him cos we had better options, but right now we don't, and that's the situation we're in and why it sucks so much.

So yeah, I'll deal in reality and stick with my club while it tries to build something great, you can stay in your corner crying about why Dean Cox isn't our backup ruckman and how unfair the world is.

No crying or depression on my part. I'm looking forward to the list cull, rebuilding through the draft, trading wisely and watching on as Neeld stamps his mark on the club.

Glad to see your sticking with him and by the club as this happens.

No crying or depression on my part. I'm looking forward to the list cull, rebuilding through the draft, trading wisely and watching on as Neeld stamps his mark on the club.

Glad to see your sticking with him and by the club as this happens.

Yeah, we shouldn't give each other such a hard time, we're going through a bad enough time as it is!

• Like 1

Group two... Moloney, couch,magner, green,davey, Macdonald...probably one of these must go

I don't think that will do it.

Evans and Nicho must be upgraded or go back through the draft.

Picks 3, 4, 13, 30ish, 50ish.

Free agents are desired (this includes Delisted Free Agents to be signed the first two weeks of Nov).

And trades of course.

I am thinking 8 as a minimum if we can get the kind of October Neeld wants..

Take this as you may but it is credible source,

Neeld believes that he made the wrong call when he took over and now wishes he had cleaned the list last season.

We will delist / trade up to 10 players this season.

Neeld does not rate either of Gysberts or Cook so would not be surprised if something happens there.

Feedback received was Davey's foot is cooked, may end up being an indigenous officer in 2013.

Under Bailey we offered both Evans & Nicholson spots on the senior list at season end - if this is the case here's hoping Evans cuts the mustard.

We will actively try and recruit 2-3 free agents to protect the kids next season. Obviously need to attract them first.

What we know it will be a fascinating off season - when is it not for the demon faithful.

• Like 1

Neeld believes that he made the wrong call when he took over and now wishes he had cleaned the list last season.

Neeld does not rate either of Gysberts or Cook so would not be surprised if something happens there.

Feedback received was Davey's foot is cooked, may end up being an indigenous officer in 2013.

Under Bailey we offered both Evans & Nicholson spots on the senior list at season end - if this is the case here's hoping Evans cuts the mustard.

We will actively try and recruit 2-3 free agents to protect the kids next season. Obviously need to attract them first.

What we know it will be a fascinating off season - when is it not for the demon faithful.

Lol 25 posts, no source... hmmm.....

I have heard the same through my sources DemonPrem.

Be very interesting to see what happens to Gysberts and/or Cook if your mail is correct.

I heard that Neeld didnt rate Gysbert's effort more than anything else. Thought he wasnt trying hard enough. But that was just a rumour. I rate Gysberts.

I'm adding, spencer,Dunn and jetta to the list after today. Also one of Moloney and Mckenzie because we can't afford to carry poor ball users in the middle.

• Like 1

If we were getting rid of the dead wood the number would be closer to 24

I was informed 10-12 are going .

Group 1 - Morton - been given chances and back at the scorps - up for trade as has another year - Gawn

Pettard - is rated and considered out of form. Will be around next season.

Bate - was kept to play midfield - hasnt set the world on fire. Gawn

Dunn - sometimes plays a role and kicks a goal but gawn

Group 2 - Moloney - great dee but he doesnt have a role in a Neeld future - gawn

Green - will play on I think

MacDonald - really tries but can be frustrating - not sure on him.

Davey - i hear he is as gawn as they come. Foot is gawn and 'doesnt enjoy it anymore'

Couch/Magner - wait and see but were really picked up to fill holes in a woeful midfield.

Group 3 - Bennell - they had high hopes. They might keep him around - but based on to date he hasnt earned it. gawn

Jetta - will stay as a goalsneak

lawrence - untried

Group 4 Cook - gawn - just a feeling.

My group - Bail, Nicholson, Bartram - triers but generally just not up to scratch. Nicholson has earned another year, the other two trade bait.

Keepers - Clark (obviously), Jones, Grimes, Garland, Howe (watch that disposal), Blease, Jamar, Frawley, Watts, Trengove, Sylvia. The rest there are no guarantees.

I can confirm all of this and shared this with individuals on here 2 weeks ago.

When you say at least 10 it really will be at least I'd not up to 12.

I can confirm all of this and shared this with individuals on here 2 weeks ago.

When you say at least 10 it really will be at least I'd not up to 12.

heard the exact same about Davey. He is gawn.

As for 10 to 12 - its almost a competition to get it down to just 12.

Dunn, Bate, Bennell, Morton (trade), Davey, Cook, Moloney, Bail, Bartram, Sellar, Stef Martin, Pettard, Spencer - could all be in danger and that wasnt even trying properly. Im sure if I pulled up the list Id find many more candidates. Sylvia might have a bit of interest on the trade market as well. Didnt include Joel MacDonald there either.

Ok I've decided on my final delistings..I've seen enough.

Dunn, bate,jetta,spencer,Lawrence,couch,Cook,davey,Moloney,Joel Mac,Wiiliams,Davis,Evans.

13 I would be happy to see gone.

Now go after 5 of the quickest midfielders we can find, 3 or 4 senior mids from other clubs, 3. Big forwards, and a ruck man.

Bartram (retire degenerative knee, no cartilage left. Great clubman) Bate, morton (needs trade as contracted), dunn, petterd, green(retire), moloney, J.macdonald, Davey (retire body appears gone), Spencer. Likely more but have to delist at least 3 each year so some may be spared for then. Plus having to payout contracts will be taken into consideration. One thing is clear most supporters keep coming up with around 10 players and am tipping the club will go thru a mass culling at end of season.

I think in the case of a few we will wait until late October to see whether there is some decent players that fall in the delisted FA and so it really depends on our success at luring both FAs and delistees (and any trades in and out of course) as to how many players we will change.

Out of Contract - Green, Dunn, Bate, Rivers (UFA), Moloney (RFA), Jones, Batram, Bennell, Petterd, Blease, Strauss, Cook, Jurrah, MacDonald, Howe, Jetta, Davis, Spencer, Bail, and Fitzpatrick (possibly not OOC - cannot confirm).

Rivers, Moloney, Jones, Batram, Blease, Jurrah, Howe, and Bail would be required in my view (I am using probabilities and the inkling that Neeld would like to keep some solid vets around - hence Moloney and Batram, and explore Rookie listing Jurrah). And Moloney, Jurrah, and Bail might not see a contract until late October.

The other 12 (poss. 11) players may not see a contract at all.

Edited by rpfc

Watching again today even with the injuries..is simply horrible football at this level. Too many on our list cannot take there game to a higher level. The mistakes are the same every week, and it is plainly awful football to watch. I turned off the game halfway into the third quarter.

If Neeld and the other powerbrokers at the club want people to watch in 2013, then it must be watchable footy!!

I love my footy but for the first time in my life, I am being put off by what this team is NOT doing as a professional level football club. It's bloody bad to watch.

First to go should be the Coach, not only have the players gone backwards; I am struggling to find any structure whatsoever. The only redeeming piont from this season, is Nathan Jones and he is the only one who has improved. Says plenty!

Edited by picket fence