Trade Bait

olisik

It's amazing how much Blind Freddy knows about footy...

He may be handicapped but he is getting the most out of life!

I think he is in the recruitment team along with Jack the blind miner.

Edited by nutbean

I know where you're coming from but to me, 45 hit outs doesn't equate to skill.

The tallest man playing footy is Sandilands, yet, I reckon his tap outs get sharked by opposition players to the tune of 50/50. I don't have the stats, so I could be wrong.

FWIW, I watched the Casey game after getting home from (depressing) Etihad and I hardly noticed Spencer.

Not necessarily the Ruckmans fault. Many of our hitouts are sharked. Sharked, I haven't thought about that meaning before.

Our mids are a bigger concern than our Rucks.

I don't think either will be traded ( if indeed they are tradeable ) but both will be overtaken by bidg Maxie when he returns from his knee

I agree.

I think it's 1 Yr too soon to decide about our Rucks. But I would rookie one bottom-ager this year.

First round pick and Motlop seems pricy for Boak

maybe throw one of bennell, jetta or bate in with the picks

we could end up trading dunn to dogs for a 2nd rnd pick, they seem desperate for someone up forward tho i know its overs...maybe they'll still want bate if we give them dunn as well

Joel mac and 4th rnd to carlton for ellard...small fwd can play mid and doesnt get much chance at carl

we could end up trading dunn to dogs for a 2nd rnd pick, they seem desperate for someone up forward tho i know its overs...maybe they'll still want bate if we give them dunn as well

Joel mac and 4th rnd to carlton for ellard...small fwd can play mid and doesnt get much chance at carl

Seriously what team is going to want Bennell, Jetta, Joel Mac, Bate or Dunn....

Seriously what team is going to want Bennell, Jetta, Joel Mac, Bate or Dunn....

dogs wanted bate last year...their forward line certainly hasn't gotten any stronger

Geez I love these posts/threads. What sane club would want to trade for hacks who can't hit targets from 20m and who struggle to get a game in a bottom three side????

Get your head out of the place where the sun don't shine.

Guest José Mourinho

But amazingly, we'll still get some form of compensation, even if it's only a 3rd round pick!

Without free agency, we'd be delisting him and letting him go in the draft to end up at the doggies or elsewhere for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

The cynical part of me views Peter Ryan's article on the MFC website (http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/143652/default.aspx) as an attempt to raise Sylvia's currency, labelling him "so important".

In a staggering ridiculous article, he asserts that where the game was won yesterday was the midfield. Ryan is either trying to do us a favour or is merely inept. I cannot recall a game where a midfield has dominated so heavily and still been smacked. The game was won by our defenders who repelled opposition attacks and then set up our own. Our midfield was smashed in the clearances, 38-26. Give us a midfield, please! The obvious place to start is Colin Sylvia.

Ok guys, I wanted to see who people thought would be good trade bait this year.

At the moment it seems to be 2 reactions going on

Person 1 : Trade Petterd, Bate and Dunn

Person 2: No one will want them!!

and

Person 1: trade trengove, Magner and Blease

Person 2: You idiot! why would we want to lose them! what about culture??

So I wanted to see what players people actually thought would be realistic to trade and who for. Who are the players who fit in between the above 2 options and are both wanted by other clubs, and will not hurt our culture by losing them?

Personally I think Blease (For an u17 pick) and Magner (Pick upgrade) would make good trade bait, both are valued MFC players that could be used by other teams and at the same time we can do take the hit of losing them.

For trade scenarios to work, I wanted to see which players people thought would be feasible. We need to be prepared to lose something to gain something in the trading game!

Not an AFL club would entertain Magner apart from GWS and that's still unlikely. Magner's been serviceable and deserves respect but got to be realistic.

Blease? No way.

Petterd, Bate and Dunn would look good in a Gold Coast Jumper and all can play. Haven't had great years though. Other clubs would be interested.

Trengove? 21 yo Captain still learning the game. Not his fault was selected Captain. Crazy to even consider trading him.

Concusion =Magner and Bate may be traded the others will stay and for good reason.

The cynical part of me views Peter Ryan's article on the MFC website (http://www.melbourne...52/default.aspx) as an attempt to raise Sylvia's currency, labelling him "so important".

In a staggering ridiculous article, he asserts that where the game was won yesterday was the midfield. Ryan is either trying to do us a favour or is merely inept. I cannot recall a game where a midfield has dominated so heavily and still been smacked. The game was won by our defenders who repelled opposition attacks and then set up our own. Our midfield was smashed in the clearances, 38-26. Give us a midfield, please! The obvious place to start is Colin Sylvia.

Thank you Adam but don't agree. Thought our mids were the difference. Sylvia's class was obvious, Jones and Moloney very strong.

Thank you Adam but don't agree. Thought our mids were the difference. Sylvia's class was obvious, Jones and Moloney very strong.

I've never doubted Sylvia's class. He definitely has it. Psychological execution of this class has always been severely lacking. He faded in and out of the one game he'd usually dominate. Jones racked up disposals, but was down on his efficiency of possession by his standards this year. Meanwhile, the only thing Moloney was missing is a clown suit. His lack of pace was shown up a number of times, as was his slow decision making. He is so low on confidence, he's almost not worth playing. He's not effective like he was in certain games last year.

Edited by AdamFarr

Gold Coast or GWS

GC or GWS will not want our rejects. They already need to trim their list. why would they take on rejects from the worst team in the league besides themselves and be willing to give up something in return.

Bate and Dunn are unrestricted free agents and cannot be traded.

Why doesn't that sentence sink in?

Should I italicise it?

Use a different colour?

Thank you rpfc

I keep thinking the same thing

Makes me wonder how many people actually think before they post

Bate will definetly go but I think Dunn will stay, he offers something in defence.

I've always thought we have to choose one of these guys they are to similar both are

too small for KP players but too big and slow for a midfield spot. But Dunn does remind

me a little of Shannon Hurn at times with his thumping kicks and if he could just screw his

head onto his shoulders maybe he could have a decent career down back.

Bate will definetly go but I think Dunn will stay, he offers something in defence.

I've always thought we have to choose one of these guys they are to similar both are

too small for KP players but too big and slow for a midfield spot. But Dunn does remind

me a little of Shannon Hurn at times with his thumping kicks and if he could just screw his

head onto his shoulders maybe he could have a decent career down back.

This reads like you are using a typewriter...

And Dunn should find a home elsewhere.

I've never doubted Sylvia's class. He definitely has it. Psychological execution of this class has always been severely lacking. He faded in and out of the one game he'd usually dominate. Jones racked up disposals, but was down on his efficiency of possession by his standards this year. Meanwhile, the only thing Moloney was missing is a clown suit. His lack of pace was shown up a number of times, as was his slow decision making. He is so low on confidence, he's almost not worth playing. He's not effective like he was in certain games last year.

Moloney had the 2nd most possessions of Melb players in this game.........

I just love the way some posters have it in for certain players.....This game is so easy sitting in the stands having a beer....

Moloney has had to adapt to a completely new role....had to lose 10kgs......and is just now starting to get it....and you think he should be replaced by an 18yo kid who has not played a game against men....or even a 17yo who cannot play until 2014...Give me a break...

Bate and Dunn are unrestricted free agents and cannot be traded.

Why doesn't that sentence sink in?

Should I italicise it?

Use a different colour?

The picks we get for them leaving can be traded which will be the same value.

I believe we get compensation picks for Unrestricted