What is up Greg Denham's bum?

Range Rover

Can not understand how some Demons supporters say Daniher wrecked us (got us to a Grand Final), Bailey wrecked us (we had a better record every year), but Neeld is our saviour (4 wins from 25 games, average losing margin this year of 107 points).

You must be mixing with the wrong crowd.

Unfortunately I don't think any of the journos have an agenda against us per se, we are just the team on struggle street at the moment and they just love a good kicking. They have variously trashed Port, the Tigers, Carlton etc etc We just have to rip the sign off of our back saying kick me.

I know your question was rhetorical but he coached us into a grand final, 5 other finals, and twice into the bottom 2.

Also he apparently holds the record for the longest coaching career in the history of AFL/VFL (1998 to mid 2007) and not win a premership... presumably because most get the axe earlier on but his every second year helped him.

Least we got to watch games in September, we have beaten two Victorian sides since he left, 98, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006, we played final matches, surely thats more than 5 finals and a GF, the guy was a winner, thats why hes so highly regarded at the Eagles.How many final games did Brad Green participate in?

Edited by mjt

Schwabby had a beef with The Age ever since his father died and the circumstances of his death were revealed by none other than Caro .

Her fellow hacks, Flanagan aside ,have made it their personal task to destroy him due to his hatred of Caro.

It is true the CS probably had too much say in the football dept. when times were tough with Jimmy .

Whiteboard Wednesdays was probably a mistake in hindsight but I liked the insight I garnered from it ,despite the fact that it was available for anyone to see.

There is lingering hatred of us by The Age but we keep feeding them the ammo to shoot us with .

There is no way to stop their crap ,except by winning.

They will forever be coming up with ideas that we should explore until things improve on field.

may I say that the best thing that has come of this internet forum(since I have been here) has been the turnout at training last week .

It took me back to '87 when a over a thousand turned up to the Junction to watch us train before each final.

Where there is life ,there is hope.

Stay strong Dees-forget the noise.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 3

It might not be a bad idea. I always thought Neale was a good coach. He may be a better football manager (in the Neil Balme mould). Balmey used to drive me crazy when he was Melbourne coach but no one could question his success at both Collingwood and Geelong. Some blokes have personalities better suited to roles other than coaching. Not to say Neale was a bad coach (he wasn't) but he may be an even better footy manager.

Least we got to watch games in September, we have beaten two Victorian sides since he left, 98, 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006, we played final matches, surely thats more than 5 finals and a GF, the guy was a winner, thats why hes so highly regarded at the Eagles.How many final games did Brad Green participate in?

Don't forget 2005.

• Like 1

Green missed out on the 1998 finals (when we came fourth & Daniher's first season) but his first finals was in 2000 (drafted in 1999) and from what I can remember was the reason why we got to the grand final (vaguely remember it.. think it was when we beat North Melbourne - or another finals game when he came off the bench and with that left kick of his snagged us a couple of last minute goals to win).

Daniher did what the MFC couldnt do since 1988 and we still havent been able to do since 2000 - get us into a grand final.

Good to hear he is going well at West Coast

Wait wait wait! Heresy I tells you! He ruined the club! All those finals appearances just turned us into soft front running softies! It's only through seasons where we win 4 games for the year that we will become strong.

Still waiting.

With the CEO gone,motor mouth Connolly silenced and the Pres,let alone the Coach, being no public performer, Danihers ability to coach ,advertise and promote looks better with every passing year.

If only he'd turned the list over just a bit more things may well be different.

• Like 1

Can not understand how some Demons supporters say Daniher wrecked us (got us to a Grand Final), Bailey wrecked us (we had a better record every year), but Neeld is our saviour (4 wins from 25 games, average losing margin this year of 107 points).

Not quite sure that's what's being said Stuie, but I'm sure we all get the point you are making that you don't like Neeld one bit. Does the fact he got rid of your under performing mates have something to do with it? As unflattering as it is, we're all well aware of Neeld's record.

Not quite sure that's what's being said Stuie, but I'm sure we all get the point you are making that you don't like Neeld one bit. Does the fact he got rid of your under performing mates have something to do with it? As unflattering as it is, we're all well aware of Neeld's record.

I actually like Neeld, think he has a good footy brain and says stuff I like, but something is wrong with how he's running the team and I suspect maybe he's just not head coach material.

I actually like Neeld, think he has a good footy brain and says stuff I like, but something is wrong with how he's running the team and I suspect maybe he's just not head coach material.

Fair enough, but we're all punters in the outer, none of us really know much about how he's running the team or his ability yet. His record is certainly not good, but are we gonna keep turning coaches over and over like its a supermarket checkout? It smacks of desperation and severe unprofessionalism to do so. And we will end up with worse coaches each time, if anyone can be bothered giving us a go. I'm still undecided about Neeld, but I'm certain that sacking him now would be even more disastrous to our long term survival. I can't see how the support he has from Craig, the assistant coaches and people like Todd Viney and Misso would not produce results sometime this season.

Unfortunately for us Denham has been right with a lot of things he has said. CEO first then we look at the other positions but not a bad idea, Daniher.

Who gives a stuff whether he's right or not. Firstly, if you throw enough darts at a dart board you will eventually hit the target. Secondly, and more importantly, he's a massive [censored].

Fair enough, but we're all punters in the outer, none of us really know much about how he's running the team or his ability yet. His record is certainly not good, but are we gonna keep turning coaches over and over like its a supermarket checkout? It smacks of desperation and severe unprofessionalism to do so. And we will end up with worse coaches each time, if anyone can be bothered giving us a go. I'm still undecided about Neeld, but I'm certain that sacking him now would be even more disastrous to our long term survival. I can't see how the support he has from Craig, the assistant coaches and people like Todd Viney and Misso would not produce results sometime this season.

I would have thought an average losing margin of 107 points smacks of unprofessionalism... Just being at the games it seems like the players don't know what to do and where to go, and are not putting in the effort you would expect of any AFL team. As you say, he has the support people around him but it's not working, so to me that says he's the problem. I would love to get a "great" coach to replace him, we have to spend the cash (use the war chest hey) and go after Clarkson IMO.

So we double the unprofessionalism by sacking him?

Clarkson will not go near us. We offered him everything but our first born before Neeld and he laughed at us.

I think it's as much to do with the quality of cattle, the culture and severe lack of confidence as it is about Neeld. I honestly believe he needs at least until the end of the year.

Wouldn't it be good if we beat GWS and then Brissy and were 2/3 after round 5, hey? Would do massive things for the team's confidence (and ours as supporters).

So we double the unprofessionalism by sacking him?

Clarkson will not go near us. We offered him everything but our first born before Neeld and he laughed at us.

I think it's as much to do with the quality of cattle, the culture and severe lack of confidence as it is about Neeld. I honestly believe he needs at least until the end of the year.

Wouldn't it be good if we beat GWS and then Brissy and were 2/3 after round 5, hey? Would do massive things for the team's confidence (and ours as supporters).

I can't help but feel Clarkson's situation might be different should he still not be re-signed by September and the Hawks don't make the GF...

You're right, we don't have awesome cattle, but other teams with as bad or worse cattle are doing much better than us (Port for one), and teams with better cattle are doing worse than us (Carlton for one), so it's not all about the players.

What happens if we lose to GWS? Can't help but feel Neeld will be on very shaky ground.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

It will certainly be an interesting couple of weeks and couple of months ahead Stuie

How often do we say it's a huge week for us?! Kind of tired of it... VERY anxious about this week though, particularly given GWS will have no ruckman or KPF.

I can't help but feel Clarkson's situation might be different should he still not be re-signed by September and the Hawks don't make the GF...

You're right, we don't have awesome cattle, but other teams with as bad or worse cattle are doing much better than us (Port for one), and teams with better cattle are doing worse than us (Carlton for one), so it's not all about the players.

What happens if we lose to GWS? Can't help but feel Neeld will be on very shaky ground.

Clarko is signed till the end of 2014

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawks-resign-clarkson-for-another-three-years-20110826-1jd7t.html

Gotcha, must have got my wires crossed due to bloody Jeff talking about Clarko not being around next year.

I think Bomber also had a year left on his contract at the Cats & I know Malthouse definitely did at Meth Coast, so if things aren't working out contracts mean nothing so never say never

• Like 1