Premiership Chances

Roost It

Assuming we pick up Viney, one of Boak or pick 4, as well as pick 12 and a good second rounder. Let's for the sake of the exercise presume Viney is as good as we hope and either Boak or pick 4 turn out elite or close to and our pick 12 is a handy addition as well.

Do we then have what it takes to develop this list to become a Premiership threat. Peronally thats all I want, I've enjoyed the ride but I crave the ultimate success. Can this list and coaching team do it?

I am forever hopeful that the squad can be successful with both a blend of players and coaches.

I think there is very little difference in all team lists as players are selected through a grading system to even the playing list.

The differences come from developing those selected

Its a chicken and egg issue. Do you select and develop for patterns and strategies or do you strategise and plan around the resources you develop???

Coaching including the above and expanding into opposition curtailment, match ups, and the most important mind game is the area I believe we have been lacking and I have been heartened with Neeld and the coaching team (mids excepted and including Casey) approach and results. Although I was surprised that Garlands forward talents were not known until Neeld read the file???

I reckon that the flexibility of team selection Garland Rivers Watts etc is acknowledgement of the skills and a stute coaching. I think with the match day moves I have seen From limited commentary is encouraging.

From my above three quarter full approach I think we are closer than some recognise. This is why we beat Essendon and GWS by 10+ puts us comparitavely improved

Our performance against the Lions will be interesting to see how the confidence and mind set has improved.

Obviously Mitch has been a revelation and his attitude and output will be missed but if someone anyone can step up game by game and a few others also put in I believe we can have at least more wins this year and who knows next year could surprise

On a personal note my squash team struggled on all year clinging to 4th possie and the top team was undefeated all year including thrashing us during the seaon. We limped into the finals and had two hard fought victories to make the grand final. On the night the cocky opposition lost sight of the game tally and we had a surprise premiership.

Its difficult at any level to win a game , its difficult to get into finals But anything can happen

GO DEES

• Like 1

I think when the time comes one thing we really want to see is a good match day coach. In those critical few games leading up to a GF, a coach that can make on field changes out of the box at critical moments in a game will be crucial to our success. Neeld has already shown he is not afraid to make moves, many of which were previously considered unthinkable. Hes had a great mentor in this department in his former role as assistant coach. As he and the side develop Im very hopeful this will become a formidable part of our strategy.

• Like 1

I've seen more good coaching moves by Neeld in half a season of footy than I ever saw with Neale "No Plan B" Daniher

..or Deano "go out there and have fun with it" Bailey.

Clark, Mags and even Sellar are looking the goods, while Tynan looks like he could've been a great pickup for a 3rd rounder. Basically the evidence is there that we finally have developed a clue when it comes to our recruiting which places us in good stead for the end of the year.

That said, I think we've only scratched the surface with a number of players on the list.

• Like 1

Guest Topophilia

I am forever hopeful that the squad can be successful with both a blend of players and coaches.

I think there is very little difference in all team lists as players are selected through a grading system to even the playing list.

The differences come from developing those selected

Its a chicken and egg issue. Do you select and develop for patterns and strategies or do you strategise and plan around the resources you develop???

Coaching including the above and expanding into opposition curtailment, match ups, and the most important mind game is the area I believe we have been lacking and I have been heartened with Neeld and the coaching team (mids excepted and including Casey) approach and results. Although I was surprised that Garlands forward talents were not known until Neeld read the file???

I reckon that the flexibility of team selection Garland Rivers Watts etc is acknowledgement of the skills and a stute coaching. I think with the match day moves I have seen From limited commentary is encouraging.

From my above three quarter full approach I think we are closer than some recognise. This is why we beat Essendon and GWS by 10+ puts us comparitavely improved

Our performance against the Lions will be interesting to see how the confidence and mind set has improved.

Obviously Mitch has been a revelation and his attitude and output will be missed but if someone anyone can step up game by game and a few others also put in I believe we can have at least more wins this year and who knows next year could surprise

On a personal note my squash team struggled on all year clinging to 4th possie and the top team was undefeated all year including thrashing us during the seaon. We limped into the finals and had two hard fought victories to make the grand final. On the night the cocky opposition lost sight of the game tally and we had a surprise premiership.

Its difficult at any level to win a game , its difficult to get into finals But anything can happen

GO DEES

Are you boasting about your squash prowess? What drives you to do so? Serves you right if you were at fault.

Did you celebrate with Savaterre, go nuts with Castagna or sing your own praises with Giaconda?

On topic, this coaching group have shown a willingness to develop players in multiple positions (not just Dunn as a tagger or forward) and there appears to be some nuanced game plans emerging that might actually give the team options B and C. What a revelation that'd be.

Been said before, but this trade and draft period has huge ramifications for our chances of success. We seem stable enough, financial enough and the coaches appear capable enough. The drafting of Clark shows we can spot talent and get it to the club.

Guest Topophilia

Can we do a Hawthorn a la 2008? Or would we rather wait and build a dynasty like Geelong...

Who in a position of influence is offering us the choice?

Tell them option B from me please.

Are you boasting about your squash prowess? What drives you to do so? Serves you right if you were at fault.

Did you celebrate with Savaterre, go nuts with Castagna or sing your own praises with Giaconda?

On topic, this coaching group have shown a willingness to develop players in multiple positions (not just Dunn as a tagger or forward) and there appears to be some nuanced game plans emerging that might actually give the team options B and C. What a revelation that'd be.

Been said before, but this trade and draft period has huge ramifications for our chances of success. We seem stable enough, financial enough and the coaches appear capable enough. The drafting of Clark shows we can spot talent and get it to the club.

Prowess not a lot to boast about merely an example of getting a result when all things align, We won our opponents who gota bit ahead of themselves didnt. Too stuffed to celebrate outrageously but do admire your selection

On topic agree with all you have said wjhich is why I am heartened.

I wonder, could it be just a possibility, that maybe, we are getting just a tiny bit ahead of ourselves? Off course that's only my opinion and I could be wrong.

Can't we just dream a little? No point playing if you don't want the top prize.

I don't want to end up like Garfunkel, Messina, Oates and Lisa playing the #2 hit "Born to Runner-up" while the fans boo.