• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Eff off. Every week someone picks out the one stat we did OK in and says there are positives. Over it.

Good work stuie. Gutsy. Brave. Far-sighted.

Microwave your membership, cry in the corner.

Poor darling.

• Like 1

I thought Morton to be a positive. He is the only MFC player to offer himself as an option with good run and spread. In pack situations he will run skirting the pack offering himself to receive the ball whilst on the run moving the ball forward. I'm sick of the midfield standing still calling for the ball only to be caught and tackled. We look slow because we are dumb in this area.

I'm not sure of the stats but Morton creates space for himself providing an option for the ball carrier. His disposal was ok too.

Seriously?

I thought Morton to be a positive. He is the only MFC player to offer himself as an option with good run and spread. In pack situations he will run skirting the pack offering himself to receive the ball whilst on the run moving the ball forward. I'm sick of the midfield standing still calling for the ball only to be caught and tackled. We look slow because we are dumb in this area.

I'm not sure of the stats but Morton creates space for himself providing an option for the ball carrier. His disposal was ok too.

That's what I saw too, but you won't get much support from this crowd.

• Like 1

Guest Jackie

Disappointed with Jones disposal again. Gets the hard ball but way too slow in dishing it off. Tucks it under his arm, lowers his head and try's to bullock his way out. Attracts all the pressure, gets caught or dishes out crap under heat. For F&$@€ sake move it quick. Been doing this for years and has not learn't new tricks.

I cant believe that when you think this club has hit rock bottom it continues to surprise.

I can take losing christ i support this club i have actually become really bloody good at it.

This club cant continue to do this it's inhumane there is no spirit at all.

There is no endpoint to this slaughter. I'm tired of being disgruntled.

I actually like the game of AFL and enjoy it when it's played well, these players aren't playing AFL.

There is nothing constructive to be said because you cant make something from nothing and that's all there is at the moment.

Good work stuie. Gutsy. Brave. Far-sighted.

Microwave your membership, cry in the corner.

Poor darling.

Sooooooo, you were happy with today then I take it? Top stuff Timmy, Go Dees, off to the snow we go in the Range Rover, weeeeeeee!

I envy Richmond, they are a passionate club, and we have absolutely no soul, you think we shouldn't complain and feel pain after something like today?

If footy is just a passing fancy for you then fair enough, but I love my club and feel shattered at the moment.

The next person to suggest we might possibly fix our woes with someone who will come here under free agency is mad

This is a cesspool for the pea hearted this club will attract no-one of note its back to the drafting table and even then we cant keep the talent we recruit.

or develop it.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

Sooooooo, you were happy with today then I take it? Top stuff Timmy, Go Dees, off to the snow we go in the Range Rover, weeeeeeee!

I think you will find that no-one is happy right now stuie.......

And that everyone reacts to this awfulness differently, so please mate go easy.

There a few things that when I watch just seem laughable, but most frustrating is that players we have drafted that haven't developed in positions they were drafted to play. Now, I can understand that if we already have people playing those positions then the draftees need to adapt but here is what I find ridiculous:

Grimes - drafted to play midfield - we don't have a midfield at the moment, and instead he is playing HBF

Blease - Being trialled as forward - drafted as a HBF

Watts - drafted to be CHF and being used in the middle and behind the ball (I'm not Watts bashing, in fact, I thought he was good today)

Howe - Drafted as a HFF playing in the middle (again not bashing, just frustrated)

Sylvia - years ago, meant to be a gun midfielder and has been played across Half Forward his entire career (clearly not referring to this year as he hasn't played a game)

These are just a few examples...but what I think is letting us down right now is that Neeld's game plan may be defensive etc but we don;t have the skills to pull it off. Very disappointed Dees fan. Surely we can't be going through an entire re-build again??? Can we???

• Like 1

Given his preparation, Morton was by no means not the worst.

Thanks Mrs Morton

You are delusional. He was by far the worst. And stop excusing him from having a pea heart.

Guest oldman emubitter

Melbourne is delicately poised as a football club both on field and off, we can not survive another full rebuild, and that's what we are looking at.

RIP MFC.

The King Is Dead Long Live The King

I could almost weep tears

We may be 0-9 looking at the games coming up

Can Neeld continue with this game plan & continue to get smashed every week? Does he need to adjust it to match the skills of the players?

Who will turn up as our supporter base is fickle. This will affect gate takings & finances of the club

All I saw today was kicking to the boundary to 1vs 2 & the turnovers were shocking! Whats happened to our coast to coast play we were doing last year?

Im not calling for Neelds head but 3 games in we r looking to get smashed every week!

Guest gidon

April fools was a fortnight ago mate....

Morton was ok for his first game back. He provides a very good ability to creat space for himself. Something this team needs alot more of

• Like 1

The problems are:

1. We have a list created to play attacking-style, running football (the crap that Knights tried at Essendon) that is now trying to adopt a game plan from Collingwood.

2. We have a list of players that complain they are trained too hard just to get them up to the normal level of other AFL teams. This from running players.

3. Today we had a midfield that lacked Moloney, the run and carry out of the midfield to forward 50 of Sylvia and a 1 player forward line.

4. Today we had a coach that didnt move semi-in form players into positions where they could have an impact: Clark into ruck; Dunn on earlier.

5. We've held onto the wrong players for WAY too long. Cale Morton was a pick 4 who can kick occasionally. He cant tackle, avoids one on ones and is nearly always beaten when competitive possession is required, he hand passes to players with two opponents literally on them, his decision making is ordinary and his effort is pathetic. Bate is VFL standard; McDonald's decision making and competitiveness was also poor today, Bail and Batram are just list fillers for mine - big on effort, low on talent; our midfield is just non existent. Jones isnt the quickest but always has a go, but the rest arent AFL standard. Rivers was poor, Garland is like 90s Nicholson all over again - bad decisions, flustered.

6. Collingwood's game plan probably isnt actually the benchmark for modern playing styles in my opinion and I worry that it isnt going to take us in the right direction.

7. I think if I was Neeld I would point to the Geelong game last year as evidence that the team is at a low point and not because of him, then rebuild the list around Mitch Clark, Frawley, Howe, Watts, Jones and Trengove. Grimes will also come good but he hasnt been great due to lack of recent game experience.

8. I think everyone got a head of themselves regarding out list. Stef martin has had one good season out of many; Jamar had many poor seasons before he was all Australian. If we honestly looked at our list from the point of view of a winning cultuyre like Hawthorn we'd probably massacre the list at season's end.

What we need in my opinion.

- Davey to retire. I'm sorry Aaron. You do the things you used to. Ever since you did your leg though, you've lost a yard and a half and just get caught. The things you used to do just don't work for you anymore and that's it.

- Neeld to be sitting with a list and a big black texta, slowly but steadily crossing off names.

- Midfield awareness. It's getting better, but our mids still continue to handball into traffic.

Genuinely, I think the forward line and the midfield are close to set. We need a small forward, but apart from that it's okay. The midfield though...I think the only two whose places I would guarantee right now (from today) are Jones and Trengove - and the latter is because he's only 20.

Yes....Why?

I think you will find that no-one is happy right now stuie.......

And that everyone reacts to this awfulness differently, so please mate go easy.

Was merely responding to a post having a go at me for how I was reacting to the loss, have a read back and see who you think should go easy first...

Morton was ok for his first game back. He provides a very good ability to creat space for himself. Something this team needs alot more of

He kicked well occasionally. Other than that he was poor by every measure. Uncompetitive, poor decision making, 5 hand balls to players with opponents on them, scared of one on one footy, avoiding competitive posession. Just what the team needs. This from a pick 4!!!

10 goals to Richmond. What a joke. Maybe we should bring Fitzpatrick in so at least I can have a laugh at the game. *ignores boos.

Morton = No. Did you see him pack his dacks under the uncontested high ball in the back line and spill it? Awful.

I really can't be f'd sitting through another agonizing rebuild.

Was going to watch the Trengove interview on the MFC site but he reels off boring cliches and appears to fall short on personality & spark like a lot of guys at the club. Mind you, he's still a better speaker than Brad Green was. We suck.

This rollercoaster is on a journey to the centre of the earth.

Yep he'll get delisted and we will bemoan why he looks better at another club

I've been one to stick up for Morton but after today, no more.

I'm happy to take the chance that he'll play better elsewhere. Bit like Miler he'll kick a few every now and then and play a good game on the odd occasion but it's worth the risk.