Casey Scorpions v Frankston

KC from Casey

Can't believe the amount of posters willing Morton on, really wouldn't bother me if he never wears a Demon jumper again, however if he does it will because he deserves it on form, not because he was a high draft pick. First round, last round draft pick absolutely irrelevant. If you are on a list, you are there because you have football talent - if he can't or doesn't want to get out of his comfort zone he no longer has a place on an afl list - same goes for each and every player on the list.

We have way too many potentials with 'high ceilings', give me a side full of 'goers' who play to their ceiling not 60% of their potential, who have some c@&t in them that don't like losing any contest and will do 'whatever it takes' (as opposed to just reading it on the way out the race). Blokes like Cale who have the height, the tank, the ability to be a gun but not the desire to get there just [censored] me to tears. he has this year to prove to Neeld that he can do it, I'm not holding my breath

Haven't given up on wasting our time yet Jako. He's still contracted & still young.

We got to get harder on him, the soft approach didn't bear fruit.

Frustrating that the reports on Morton are wildly conflicting, makes it bloody hard to figure out what actually happens. Thanks for the reports all the same, people.

Nice to see you're tempering your expectations, d-l.

HahaHa, I can dream too. But I do like what I've seen since he came to us.

He's in Perth isn't he? I think he's need a rest after the last weeks turmoil that wasn't.

Aaron stayed on the track for around 45 minutes after the squad finished at training in Perth on Friday and was given an interval running session. He looked fairly knackered at the end of it.

• Like 1

Hi All,

Soooo disappointed in what I saw of the seniors on screen that I went down to Casey to look at the potential replacements. First time watching a game at Casey and only got there for the 2nd half, so discount this heavily.

Really can't see what the fuss was about Morton. Saw him get into a few contests, but more as an outsider - in free space calling for the ball, or tapping the ball on at the edge of a pack. One time - had a moderately easy chance to advance the ball down the wing and kicked out on the full through a misskick.

Blease - have been a big (hopeful) fan, but agree with comments above - bit of a downhill skier today. Showed some skill vs those around him in positioning the ball off his foot when kicking, but it was a 50:50 outcome whether it went to a teammate or opponent. Didn't deserve to be reinstated on what I saw.

Fitzy - looks to have the size & shape to take the next step, and makes a good contest running into a pack (several times) but kicking let him down on a couple of the occasions I saw him.

Tappy - was swung into the centre at the 3/4 time huddle. Brought some good encouragement from his teammates - 'go tapdog', 'go tappy', 'go bull', but while he was brought more into the play, the ball mostly didn't go his way. In some ways he was too unselfish and would shepherd his own players through instead of going in first.

Lawrence - only saw him in he action a couple of times. First reaction was - he's too slight to make it in the big time. Made one good tackle in our forward pocket which led to a turnover, but the opportnity kind of fell into his lap after he had given up chasing a previous play.

Davis - was the best of the listed layers that I saw. Regularly made good spoils under pressure, and handed off to players in better position.

Couch - liked what I saw, but didn't get it a lot. Makes good decisions, spots up players not too far away and generally delivers well.

Others - sorry - too uneducated an eye to pick them all out.

All in all, I didn't see any of the breakout performances that we all want to see, which demand a selector to elevate the player at next opportunity. God knows we have the oportunity, but the players well, ummmmm.....

Basically, the Scorps players made more of an impression than the Dees players. No. 11 as above, and no. 9 for great tackling and running though the midfield.

Really don't quite know how Frankston couldn't get up and win. They had so much of the play especially in Q3.

Edited by bjDee

Aaron stayed on the track for around 45 minutes after the squad finished at training in Perth on Friday and was given an interval running session. He looked fairly knackered at the end of it.

Ah, good to hear. IO expect him back & fired up for the next game then.

Couch in!! He would give us an armchair ride.

That's sofa from being funny

• Like 1

I don't think he'll be strong enough yet. He could play there but will get smashed up by bigger defenders hurting him. He can play the role Watts did off a flank or in defence whilst adjusting. Thats why we got Clarke & we have Martin who can & still needs more time deep forward to develop him further. We may as well develop Martin IMO as we wait for Watts & TMac to grow they're bodies. He's 6' 6" in the old, & quick as, agile and has good hands but needs more work to refine the skills, IMO. He can do a Jamar, but as a forward if we allow him plenty of time in the role. I'm impatient to see the arrival of Davis. IMO he'll be a wrecking ball like. Hard like Scarlett, hopefully.

Thanks for those observations. I was really wondering if TMac is already ahead of JW in physical terms. Sounds from some that he is. He also appears to be very versatile and has played the KPP forward and defensive roles already, though at VFL level most of the time.

Thanks for those observations. I was really wondering if TMac is already ahead of JW in physical terms. Sounds from some that he is. He also appears to be very versatile and has played the KPP forward and defensive roles already, though at VFL level most of the time.

If I can add, when I look at TMacdonald, compared to Watts, I see 2 different types of bodies & athletes. I see one who looks like a chip off an Old Tree Trunk, that still needs to put much meat on. And the other I see a Tall & Elite athletic but fine body with exquisite balance, poise, speed, agility, etc, etc.

The tree trunk will be more robust from the start compared to the refined build. But Both are worth the wait, & their weight, equally... And both need patience to grow, one seems to have more maturity than the other, at this stage. One seems under more pressure but more gifted.

Both these kids would get more time to grow if they were, at say, the Hawks, or the Cats.