Lynden Dunn

Yossarian

Could well be a lovely guy, but he is the only guy on our list that I don't 'like'. Trying to chirp away and niggle opposition players only works when you are doing something of note yourself. Was embarrassing last year when he was going at Paul Chapman, and Brent Harvey before that. At least put your head over the ball and go when it is your turn before you start getting lippy. Needs to find his 2010 form to have any role this year.

Could well be a lovely guy, but he is the only guy on our list that I don't 'like'. Trying to chirp away and niggle opposition players only works when you are doing something of note yourself. Was embarrassing last year when he was going at Paul Chapman, and Brent Harvey before that. At least put your head over the ball and go when it is your turn before you start getting lippy. Needs to find his 2010 form to have any role this year.

Agree to some degree. He got in Chapman's head "that" day, and Chapman gave away stupid free kicks, and totally lost the plot to the point the coach had to drag him. It can just as easily bite you on the arse though if a player comes out and kicks 6 on you!

Don't think we will be seeing Dunn running around in the red and blue next year unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your opinion).

Dunn is going to have to really put his hand up this year he was good in 2010 for a few games but just has not had a great impact for a guy who has been in the system for a while.I got to meet him at the best and fairest and is a top guy but that does not get you games of football under neeld. His upside is that he has a good long kick for goal but just needs to step up this year or it could spell the end for the man with the moe.

Bloody hell another whipping boy. If we delisted all the players that demonlanders wanted gone, we would not have a team, and all this before a ball has been kicked in anger. I know every one has their opinion but wait till at least half way through the season before we sack the bloody lot of them.

• Like 1

Bloody hell another whipping boy. If we delisted all the players that demonlanders wanted gone, we would not have a team, and all this before a ball has been kicked in anger. I know every one has their opinion but wait till at least half way through the season before we sack the bloody lot of them.

Reality is Boss, that we need to have at least 3 player movements at the end of the year. At this stage of the year we'd all like to think that a player won't request a trade, but it does happen. What we do prefer is to look at who's contracted, who may retire (which Green is the only possible retirement, but I'm confident he'll earn another year), and lastly, who is most likely to struggle for form. While it is like trying to predict the lotto numbers, my assumption on the state of our list is that Dunn will need to step up in 2012, but I think it has to be a level that he is not capable of. I hope I'm wrong. That doesn't make him the whipping boy, it's just my observation.

• Like 1

Reality is Boss, that we need to have at least 3 player movements at the end of the year. At this stage of the year we'd all like to think that a player won't request a trade, but it does happen. What we do prefer is to look at who's contracted, who may retire (which Green is the only possible retirement, but I'm confident he'll earn another year), and lastly, who is most likely to struggle for form. While it is like trying to predict the lotto numbers, my assumption on the state of our list is that Dunn will need to step up in 2012, but I think it has to be a level that he is not capable of. I hope I'm wrong. That doesn't make him the whipping boy, it's just my observation.

I understand that Billy but I think that so many on here write player off before the season has even started. I don't see the point of saying who we think will be delisted in six months time when we have seen 40mins of footy. I understand that certain people don't like certain players(for whatever reason)but I think we should wait and see what the season brings first.

This is what the site is all about everyone having there say its not that dunn is a whiping boy its just his form has not been great we all hope for him to make it but the form of last year puts him on notice. And if he want to get another contract he must earn it. plus it is still feb and we need some footy talk

I understand that Billy but I think that so many on here write player off before the season has even started. I don't see the point of saying who we think will be delisted in six months time when we have seen 40mins of footy. I understand that certain people don't like certain players(for whatever reason)but I think we should wait and see what the season brings first.

I would imagine Tim Harrington would be looking at the list of out-of-contracted players, and will already be trying to put certain extensions in place (see Mark Jamar). There would be others players in the same boat (ie OOC), that TH will not see as high priority, and I think Dunn would defintely fall in to this category.

If they announce mid year that Dunn has sigend an extension, he's obviously a required player. At this stage, and this is based on 2011's form, he would need to make significant improvement. He's not on his own, Green could easily be in that same category, but the difference between the two is that I believe Green will improve to his high standards in 2012, not as much confidence in Dunn, but as always, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Good luck LD, this season is one of the biggest you've had to face whilst being in the AFL system. If you want a long career as an AFL footballer, it's up to you to make it happen in 2012.

• Like 1

He has had seven years on the list and has not nabbed a clear position in the best 22 and on last years form is not close.

He is in his final year of contract...

MFC will have to off load oput of contract and/or surplus players to take up their PP and their draft picks....

His name is in the gun. And with every week he does not cement a spot in the best 22 then the closer he is to the door.

And if you dont like participating in thse types of discussions then you dont have to.

• Like 3

It's simple. If Dunn builds his fitness and endurance, starts attacking and getting tougher at the ball, and improves his defensive pressure, then he has a chance to remain on the list. Do none of those things and he's gone.

His positives are at least good kicking and a solid body.

Guest Gotzy15

Can't see the man with the 'mo' getting back to his 2010 form unfortunately. I think at the end of Dunnys time at the dees we will look back and say he was a good average player who played some serviceable games but never quite made it at afl level.

Dunn can no doubt improve under Neeld but the problem for him is that every player can (will?) improve under Neeld. In order to make a case to Neeld he needs air time in the seniors but gone are the days of just slotting in players for a look and a run. With where our list is going I agree with most others, he's in trouble.

Have said my piece on what I think of Dunn as a player a number of times, so I'll let that particular sleeping dog lie. For this year, I expect he'll play most of the year out at Casey before being delisted at the end of it.

Yeah, similar toughts here.

He has a chance as they all do under a new coach but I just can't see it happening.

Adding to the above points he's also probably the most selfish footballer I've ever seen. The amount of U-turns and kicks around the body at goal make me so frustrated. As all have mentioned it may have been acceptable in years gone by but not under this regime.

Goodbye Lynden

Adding to the above points he's also probably the most selfish footballer I've ever seen. The amount of U-turns and kicks around the body at goal make me so frustrated. As all have mentioned it may have been acceptable in years gone by but not under this regime.

Goodbye Lynden

So you would have sacked Jeff Farmer, David Neitz, Brad Green, Robbo, Garry Lyon, ect ect ect. Rubbish Comment.

Bossdog he's clearly one of YOUR favourites, not mine or many others, good on him for being a DEMON, wish I had've been a player too, I really can't c him making it afta a handful of avg games, and I struggle to remember them.