Our compo picks are like gold

BIG JIM

Dangerfield could well be the most overrated player in the comp. Plays a handfull of good games each year. goes missing otherwise

Who was the last Melbourne player - let alone midfielder - to kick 6 in a game?

Surely you would grab a Dangerfield every day of the week. A line breaker that we desperately need, even taking into account the late form of Blease.

You blokes need to be all over young Dangerfield like a rash - that kid is a ripper take it from Jock. Exactly what you blokes need.

Aside from that - heres some advice if you play Supercoach or Dreamteam - pick the kid in 2012.

You blokes need to be all over young Dangerfield like a rash - that kid is a ripper take it from Jock. Exactly what you blokes need.

Aside from that - heres some advice if you play Supercoach or Dreamteam - pick the kid in 2012.

You are obviously average at supercoach as people have said that for 4 years now and he hasnt delivered yet......maybe this year

Take them both this year whilst the draft is strong and if we land what we are after we will be able to trade for picks at a later date if needed using players that are fringe on our list.

Another option may be to trade 2 x picks for a higher pick if we think it will get us an elite talent.

I think if we could get a goddard or sp it would be very good for MFC on and of the ground it was good to get clark but to land a big fish is what the dees need

DemonWA, I think you're very harsh re Dangerfield. I reckon he has the capacity to be a star.

I have a number of mates who are passionate Crows supporters. They all rate Dangerfield really highly - in fact, they reckon he'll be the next Captain of the club.

I said we have our sights on him (don't actually know if we do obviously - just stirring them). They reckon we have absolutely no chance of getting him. Bottom line is that he's clearly a very good player - these guys know what they're talking about when it comes to Adelaide players. Interesting though that they don't rate Thompson as highly as we do - say he goes missing when he's needed, then picks up 35 touches when it doesn't count. The opposite of Ricciuto.

Most of them also question the de-listing of Sellar. Reckon he was a good pick up for us at 54, and most think he should still be at the Crows. Good tall who still has his best years in front of him (in their opinion).

I have a number of mates who are passionate Crows supporters. They all rate Dangerfield really highly - in fact, they reckon he'll be the next Captain of the club.

I said we have our sights on him (don't actually know if we do obviously - just stirring them). They reckon we have absolutely no chance of getting him. Bottom line is that he's clearly a very good player - these guys know what they're talking about when it comes to Adelaide players. Interesting though that they don't rate Thompson as highly as we do - say he goes missing when he's needed, then picks up 35 touches when it doesn't count. The opposite of Ricciuto.

Most of them also question the de-listing of Sellar. Reckon he was a good pick up for us at 54, and most think he should still be at the Crows. Good tall who still has his best years in front of him (in their opinion).

I agree with your mates on Dangerfield. If there's even a glint of a chance we could snare him by using our compo picks, I'd do it.

Sellar is an interesting one. Clearly senior coaching staff at Adelaide don't rate him. Time will tell.

Edited by Range Rover

Yeah - interesting re: Sellar. I should perhaps qualify the last comment - they don't rate Sellar that highly, but they don't reckon he is hopeless either - far from it in fact.

They reckon the Crows don't have an abundance of younger talls, and therefore question the de-listing of him in the context that:

- he was a very high draft pick

- he didn't get much of an opportunity there

- the club had invested many years of development into him, and then cut him just when that investment may have started to pay off.

As you've said though RR, time will tell.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

The crows must be pretty confident with their Sellar decision. Considering they've lost two key backs to the expansion teams in as many years. If Sellar was going to get a chance there it would be now.

Dangerfield could well be the most overrated player in the comp. Plays a handfull of good games each year. goes missing otherwise

Agree with you on that WA. He is massively overrated, given that he rarely puts 2 good games together. Most, in fact are just ordinary games (neither good nor bad). In the games in which he doesn't "dominate", he has very little influence on the game. He really needs to work on his consistency, imo.

Would give up one compo pick, but he is nowhere near worth 2.