The Scullduggery Thread

rumpole

Come now. All you're doing is trying to use semantics to justify your pitiful views.

What I'm discussing is those people who are so blind that they are in denial about the conduct Wilson and others are exposing.

All right then. Maybe I'm just complaining about the manner in which you and others are discussing the issue. I do feel like it's worth talking about, but that the time has passed for feeling cheated, hard done-by or swindelled (if there even is ever a time for that at all).

You (and others) were talking about how we have to "unearth" the depths of the lies and double-dealing which has supposedly gone on over the past few months, and I'm just saying that there's nothing we can really do about that, other than pay attention to what those close to the issue (journalists, administrators, players and their families) have to say about it. We're not vigilantes or crime-fighters, merely individuals with an unusually strong interest in a game. Don't take it too seriously is all.

Edited by Chook

Oh dear.

It's pathetic, Demetriou saying on Friday that it was a 'stroke of genius' was just the most disgusting piece of shyte thats ever come out of that toerag's mouth and that's saying something considering the sewerage he usually spills out.

• Like 2

As a paid up member, and i suspect the majority of us on here are, i have no problem discussing the $cully situation until all the grotty facts cme to the surface. I applaud Caro for the article, and i certainly have never been her greatest fan in the past. 15 other clubs could have been shafted in 2011...but they weren't. The MFC was done. If we "had" to stay quiet all year in order to recieve our "Gift" from the AFL, well that is deplorable. I don't think CS would speak on the radio as he did mid year if he knew all the facts, but maybe he had to.

What did McChins actually know back in march this year? More than you and i. I want this Putrid saga to be all out in the open, yes the club will move on,but we can still keep questioning this one. The AFL CEO has over stepped big time and we have a right to know all.

• Like 2

As a paid up member, and i suspect the majority of us on here are, i have no problem discussing the $cully situation until all the grotty facts cme to the surface. I applaud Caro for the article, and i certainly have never been her greatest fan in the past. 15 other clubs could have been shafted in 2011...but they weren't. The MFC was done. If we "had" to stay quiet all year in order to recieve our "Gift" from the AFL, well that is deplorable. I don't think CS would speak on the radio as he did mid year if he knew all the facts, but maybe he had to.

What did McChins actually know back in march this year? More than you and i. I want this Putrid saga to be all out in the open, yes the club will move on,but we can still keep questioning this one. The AFL CEO has over stepped big time and we have a right to know all.

I'm with you Wyl - why should we "Move on" or "Let it go" ?

There has to be more to this story and I want to know what it is . I mean , did GW$ offer the Dad the contract in November last year " Out of the blue"?

They must have thought about it for some time in my opinion . So how far does this go back ?

The same people wanting us to move on will probably be booing T$ with gusto when we play GW$ - not exactly "Moving on" me thinks .

I've heard that Sheedy first met T$ on a schoolboys tour of South Africa a few years ago - interesting if true hey ?

• Like 1

Ron ask kevin what are his deep seated reasons for resenting the MFC? I have heard others speak of it, but i would like to hear it from kevin'$ mouth.

It's obvious. He was rejected for the Melbourne coaching job. Didn't make it to the second interview. Thought we were disrespectful. What a [censored].

I'm with you Wyl - why should we "Move on" or "Let it go" ?

There has to be more to this story and I want to know what it is . I mean , did GW$ offer the Dad the contract in November last year " Out of the blue" ? They must have thought about it for some time in my opinion . So how far does this go back ?

The same people wanting us to move on will probably be booing T$ with gusto when we play GW$ - not exactly "Moving on" me thinks .

I've heard that Sheedy first met T$ on a schoolboys tour of South Africa a few years ago - interesting if true hey ?

Yes Sheeds and $cully both went to South Africa on an U17 footy trip i think. They definately knew each other.

I think $cully's last quarter against the dogs in 2010 sealed his future. GW$ peoples would have watched that and just said "get him" if they had not already done so.

Out of all this i want the MFC to be harder at the negotiating table, because clearly on this one we have been totally outsmarted. That i can live with, but not a 2nd time.

It's obvious. He was rejected for the Melbourne coaching job. Didn't make it to the second interview. Thought we were disrespectful. What a [censored].

he thought he could just turn up and the job would be his, he might have the media thinking he is some sort of svengali and a top rate comedian but anybody with half a brain know's he's a dipstick whose about as funny as roadkill.

Also I hope this type of rubbish that comes out of Demetriou's mouth is the beginning of the end for the fat controller, he must be running out of credability, he's a liar and a cheat. The disaster that will be GWS will be the end of him because the simple fact is unless he let's them cheat the salary cap they will lose at least 15 of their current young players in the next 2-3 years.

Edited by baysidedave

Leaving aside Scully's comments which are reflective of his lack of maturity and his naievity, Demetriou's statement is a complete disgrace and unbecoming of a CEO of what should be the most prestigious organisation in Australian sport. Truly appalling.

I agree- and to put it bluntly -he was saying to us ,Demonlanders-Stiff cheddar.

Well said! Im over the Scully saga & the club did the right by not compromising the rest of the playing list by paying way over the odds for a yet to be proven champion. The AFL created this mess & dirty deals! A strong of genius Demetriou, give the mfc 6 mill & they too would get a player out of contract!

Of all the journalists and all the football administrators in the land there is not one man with the cohunas to stand up and expose the shameful collusion between the AFL and GWS and the connivance of those involved in the Scully Scandal but there is one woman who today does make a statement - A Giant miscue lost in the crowd

Caroline Wilson. I salute you!

Couldn't agree more WJ. I particularly like her last par:

"But the club faces a tougher task repairing the damage done to Tom Scully and his once-perfect reputation. No wonder the player is so desperate to let his on-field work begin. Because off-field has been a messy thicket."

For me, there's no coming back from this. His reputation has been damaged forever and that is the price he must pay for such dishonest behaviour. An appauling lack of judgement from him and his so-called advisors.

• Like 1

Not sure what infuriates me more .

The fact that the fat controller treats us all like idiots or the thought that McChins Maguire has done a deal with Grubby Allen to make Collingwood players exempt from being approached by GWS .

Reminds me of Sheedys promise to Hird that Essenedon players wouldn't be targeted either .

Edited by My TD
  • Like 1

Not sure what infuriates me more .

The fact that the fat controller treats us all like idiots or the thought that McChins Maguire has done a deal with Grubby Allen to make Collingwood players exempt from being approached by GWS .

Reminds me of Sheedys promise to Hird that Essenedon players wouldn't be targeted either .

I'm just amazed how the AFL aren't taken to account on this by all the media . Too many free lunches ?

Reckon a lot of people will ignore Thomas' claims as just "Blowin' hot air" when in fact he's probably right on the money .

It seems the AFL knew of both $cully signings back in Nov 2010 - yet the attitude seems to be "Ah well , that's the AFL"

I'm just amazed how the AFL aren't taken to account on this by all the media . Too many free lunches ?

Reckon a lot of people will ignore Thomas' claims as just "Blowin' hot air" when in fact he's probably right on the money .

It seems the AFL knew of both $cully signings back in Nov 2010 - yet the attitude seems to be "Ah well , that's the AFL"

I am more concerned about the filth and Eddie McChins being a "protected species" If that is proven to be correct all hell should break loose.

Guest Jackie

Well football is just another money making product now and the AFL is a corporation. Collingwood would be considered a premium product generating vast revenue. GWS is new product targeted to capture a large slice of the untapped market. We are just a boutique product for a static niche market. Easy to see where the priorities lie. As Vlad's dictatorship continues the games is becoming less and less a sport but rather a circus like Pro Wresting ad F1 racing. Vlad is is just another Vince McMahon or Bernie Ecclestone. While the money keeps coming in vast quantities no one is going to hold him accountable for whatever he does.

And Thomas suggests it appears that personal connections played some part in this wheeling and dealing. Eddie may have influence over Grubby and the Bombers with Sheedy. Thats been a problem for us for a long time. Much too passive with no one advocating strongly for our interests within or outside the club.

Edited by Jackie
  • Like 2

Well football is just another money making product now and the AFL is a corporation. Collingwood would be considered a premium product generating vast revenue. GWS is new product targeted to capture a large slice of the untapped market. We are just a boutique product for a static niche market. Easy to see where the priorities lie. As Vlad's dictatorship continues the games is becoming less and less a sport but rather a circus like Pro Wresting ad F1 racing. Vlad is is just another Vince McMahon or Bernie Ecclestone. While the money keeps coming in vast quantities no one is going to hold him accountable for whatever he does.

And Thomas suggests it appears that personal connections played some part in this wheeling and dealing. Eddie may have influence over Grubby and the Bombers with Sheedy. Thats been a problem for us for a long time. Much too passive with no one advocating strongly for our interests within or outside the club.

Could very well be spot on their Jackie, but if a cat is now out of the bag then the clubs should demand some answers. Expansion of the game is not 100% the right thing to do IMO, particularly if it needs these low and filthy tactics to survive at all.

Guest Jackie

Could very well be spot on their Jackie, but if a cat is now out of the bag then the clubs should demand some answers. Expansion of the game is not 100% the right thing to do IMO, particularly if it needs these low and filthy tactics to survive at all.

The club has consistently been very quiet irrespective of new revelations. Perhaps they they had to shut up to protect the compensation or the AFL have us over a barrel somehow with the tanking issue. I am sure these issues are likely being raised behind closed doors but I doubt if any clubs will go public with their concerns. But that won't stop the media or supporters to voice their opinions. And thankfully some in the know who are powerless to raise issues openly are all too willing to leak.

The club has consistently been very quiet irrespective of new revelations. Perhaps they they had to shut up to protect the compensation or the AFL have us over a barrel somehow with the tanking issue. I am sure these issues are likely being raised behind closed doors but I doubt if any clubs will go public with their concerns. But that won't stop the media or supporters to voice their opinions. And thankfully some in the know who are powerless to raise issues openly are all too willing to leak.

If the MFC are being held accountable for tanking games i can understand that. I was always very uneasy on the concept but because of our perilous list situation i could see why it had to be done. But WHY are Carlscum not under the same scrutiny? Why was Judd allowed a 3rd party deal but the MFC was not?
  • Like 1

If the MFC are being held accountable for tanking games i can understand that. I was always very uneasy on the concept but because of our perilous list situation i could see why it had to be done. But WHY are Carlscum not under the same scrutiny? Why was Judd allowed a 3rd party deal but the MFC was not?

Because we're an easier head to kick .

I'm now with a few others in believing that our Club needs to be more outspoken and visible - and never mind the consequences !

Because we're an easier head to kick .

I'm now with a few others in believing that our Club needs to be more outspoken and visible - and never mind the consequences !

Totally agree. With Free Agency deals we must be hard nosed bastards or else it will be off to play with Fitzroy within a decade.