only whilst this season continues. Then we get influx of New talent, better screened . Cale has only 11 or so games to solidify his case imho

I hope you can apply the same strict criteria for judgement on a few other players who haven't made it this year who have been at the club a few years and made zero impact - Dunn, Petterd, Bate, Spencer etc

I hope you can apply the same strict criteria for judgement on a few other players who haven't made it this year who have been at the club a few years and made zero impact - Dunn, Petterd, Bate, Spencer etc

why do you think i dont ?

Batte= next to spud

Dunn= cameo artiste= better use of spot

Spencer- a ruck maybe in making..a year or so to deduce...jury out

Petterd+ strangely..im yet now to decide . Was once an avid fan. Not so ensconced now.

im not allligned to anyone on the list...they are all widgets really. Paid employees. Some work and reciprocate., some dont. get it ?

Batte= next to spud

Petterd+ strangely..im yet now to decide . Was once an avid fan. Not so ensconced now.

im not allligned to anyone on the list...they are all widgets really. Paid employees. Some work and reciprocate., some dont. get it ?

BB have seen your passion for the club throughout the site so do not doubt your intensity

but I am sure the "Widget" expression does neither yourself, the players or administrators any justice.

We all are or have been paid in some form and as you rightly say some work and reciprocate some dont.

Astute managers analyse and develop the features that are needed to gain the reciprocal return on an investment.Players not reciprocating to my ideal may still be meeting the challenge of the coach. Even the worst widget has a value and function unless it is is broken or has been incorrectly specified. even then astute mangers try and salvage something. Widgets are a little easier to place than a complex human being. Widgets being a simple purpose designed article do not have the same flexibility that we expect of human beings.

I am aligned to all on the list as they are Melbourne players

I want them all to train to an intensity that they become valuable players

I hope that the coach can get the maximum value out of all our players

I want success but understand that the measurement of success is not the same for everyone

I want the coach to use his experience and skill to use the players to gain wins and the ultimate prize ( the flag)

I want Dunn Bate and every melbourne player to give their all for the club and if that is not sufficient to get to my ideal leave respected for having done that. I dont want them to think they are one dimensional widgets. I want them to be able to display the passion you have.

only whilst this season continues. Then we get influx of New talent, better screened . Cale has only 11 or so games to solidify his case imho

There would be plenty in that sort of boat by your reasoning. Including many 'Land favourites like Ro Bail, for instance, who has barely fired a shot all year. IMO Morton has shown plenty more over his entire career (he was pretty impressive early days and is nearly 1.5 years younger) but I don't hear any cries to delist Bail.

Bennell, Jetta, Dunn, Bate, Petterd and Joel Mac would all be higher up the delisting queue as would Spencer. And Green will most likely retire. So I don't see why we wouldn't wait to see how much improvement Morton has in him under Neeld when we're likely to make plenty of changes anyway.

Edited by Radar Detector
  • Like 2

I for one certain suspect about a dozen players will be facing intense scrutiny re their future come seasons end. Bail would be in that group i agree. Keep in mind his recent injuries .

Players really are just a component of a team.They themselves will be first to understand their replacability.i.e widgets in a machine. I support the machine .

This isnt suppsed to be a social group its a professional sporting business isnt it?

Batte= next to spud

No very good - I was trying to work out if it was Cale bashing or just a judgement.

I don't disagree entirely with your opinion on Cale- there is no doubt he has been poor along with a lot of our list I have no problems saying that. What is worth debating is who is worth persisting with and who is expendable.

I personally think Cale has some qualities that wroth developing an persisting with... but time will tell.

There would be plenty in that sort of boat by your reasoning. Including many 'Land favourites like Ro Bail, for instance, who has barely fired a shot all year. IMO Morton has shown plenty more over his entire career (he was pretty impressive early days and is nearly 1.5 years younger) but I don't hear any cries to delist Bail.

Bennell, Jetta, Dunn, Bate, Petterd and Joel Mac would all be higher up the delisting queue as would Spencer. And Green will most likely retire. So I don't see why we wouldn't wait to see how much improvement Morton has in him under Neeld when we're likely to make plenty of changes anyway.

But Rohan Bail is the man.

• Like 1

I'm just so uncertain about Morton. I see glimpses of what he could be and I think maybe he's turned the corner, only to see him shank the ball 5 mins later.

He did that interview with Matt Burgan a month ago saying he's trying to improve on his efforts.....all I can say is he better shape up or he'll be outta here faster than you can say Paul Johnson.

Gina Rhinehart must have taken over the website.We've been rationalised.Now I wonder if Whispering Jack will be replaced by Andrew Bolt .

Cale will get a chance to bully the opposition on Sunday-I hope he takes his chance .