2011 Draft Prospect Highlight Videos

BAMF

http://www.afl.com.au/development/tabid/11732/default.aspx

AFL site has added some videos. Not all players are up yet, but there is enough to get you interested.

If you don't know who to look at, Bigfooty experts have named a few player that should be around pick 12.

Sam Docherty - Quick half back flanker with good disposal.

Liam Sumner - Outside Mid with good skills and loves a run.

Jackson Paine - 193cm KPF

Go hard or go home for O'Meara.

He is an unbelievable talent.

Both compo picks and Petterd? That is probably not enough. Chuck in Bater? I honestly don't think we have the pieces to get him but I would like to think we will be proactive. Martin plus the picks may go close but we would seem reluctant to trade him as we just signed him.

Would it tear at the fabric of the club to offer the picks plus a Jones or a (gulp) Grimes?

Can you tell that I am undecided about what we could offer?

Based on who is available at pick 4 this year, I think our offer is better.

I agree. Pick 4 in this years draft, big woop. GWS has pick 1,2,3 and 5 plus many more. The 2 compensation picks will be a lot more tantalising than pick 4 in this years draft. Many on here won't be willing to give up both compo picks, but i definitely am. Have a look at his video on the AFL website, and granted that all highlight reels show just that, but by god he is a mover. He seriously moves like a Rolls Royce poetry in motion. I thought Brad Crouch was something, then i stumbled onto O'meara's video, and wow. We have to do everything in our power to try and get him to the club.

• Like 1

Based on who is available at pick 4 this year, I think our offer is better.

I would be hesitant to give away both our compo picks. Maybe our mid round compo and pick 12

I doubt pick 4 would be the final offer from gold coast.

Imagine getting O'Meara Viney and another pick straight after Viney in the superdraft. Drool.

Edited by UTAH

I would be hesitant to give away both our compo picks. Maybe our mid round compo and pick 12

I doubt pick 4 would be the final offer from gold coast.

Imagine getting O'Meara Viney and another pick straight after Viney in the superdraft. Drool.

Sure you don't want to give away too much, but i still reckon departing with both compo picks would be well worth it.

Imagine Viney and O'Meara coming in, with a year already under the belt of say a Todd Elton or Jackson Paine (i'd prefer Elton at this stage - draft camp results to come)

I think two first round picks will get you pick 2 in this draft, and i would be happy to pay this plus something smaller, Crouch looks nice, and if people arnt aware he is apparently the second most effective kick throughout the TAC cup season, as an underager...wow

Question being do we want one "Trengove" recruit or 2 Gysbert types, the trade off being depth, and you would nearly rather Trengove to two Gysberts imo, hard for us to lose though either way

I think two first round picks will get you pick 2 in this draft, and i would be happy to pay this plus something smaller, Crouch looks nice, and if people arnt aware he is apparently the second most effective kick throughout the TAC cup season, as an underager...wow

Question being do we want one "Trengove" recruit or 2 Gysbert types, the trade off being depth, and you would nearly rather Trengove to two Gysberts imo, hard for us to lose though either way

We need midfield stars full stop. I'm unconvinced any midfielder on our list will be a star.

We should definately wave the $cummy compo under Sheedy's nose. It won't land us an established star but it might be enough to get us a future one. I'd be very happy with either O'Meara or Crouch.

Even with Viney and one of O'Meara or Crouch coming in I'd still go a mid or a mid/def with pick 12 this year. Hoskin-Elliot or Buntine would be the dream but both will probably be gone. Sumner or Docherty are probably more realistic. If Greene is available at our pick he may be too good to ignore. Kavanagh is an interesting one but I'm not sure we should be taking any risks with first round picks, he was considered top 5 before his injuries.

I'm a massive fan.

What would you give up for pick 1 in the 17 year old draft? (ie, O'Meara)

How far am I prepared to go?

(Jamar + 2012 2nd compensatory pick + Davey)

or ( Blease + 2012 1st compensatory pick + Wonna)

or (2012 1st compensatory pick + Morton + Bennell)

Edited by dee-luded