Leigh Matthews

Jumping Jack Clennett

2008 Bailey - Essendon, 1998 Daniher - Essendon, 1993 Balme - Richmond, 1986 Northey - Richmond, we haven't had a coach from "within the fabric" since Barassi left at the end of 1985 - that's 4 coaches over 26 seasons. Why do you persist with the bullsh1t "class warfare".

Thats not the fabric I'm talking about.

What my perception is & of many of our older or more conservative supporters is, that many can't get past the fact that he (Matthews) was a Tough Son of a [censored], and he used it on our players more than a couple of times.

The fabric I'm talking about is the Squeaky cleanskin type of fabric. One you could take to your church type, and no one would talk from behind they're hands about him, type.

That Is my impression of the supporters who are largely in control of our social media and other areas of this great club.

The same attitudinal stuff I keep harping on about. The same collective attitude who got rid of the outspoken Norm Smith, and then those supporters from that fabric collectively sat on their hands instead of Demanding he be reinstated & Kept.

These types of supporters have made many decisions based on stubborn unforgiving ideas that just keep on hurting all who barrack for this club. Again because the major political persuasion is from the Northern Stand.

This political imbalance that favours to much the conservative element within our supporter base is strangling the Club & it's supporters. And I fear that those supporters conservative supporters readinf this would Not understand what I'm talking about, So would just right it off as nonsense, because they aren't capable of Understanding things at this level.

Is there anyone out there that 'Gets' what I'm talking about??? Does anyone have the courage to stand up and voice their concerns about this 'stuff'?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 Bailey - Essendon, 1998 Daniher - Essendon, 1993 Balme - Richmond, 1986 Northey - Richmond, we haven't had a coach from "within the fabric" since Barassi left at the end of 1985 - that's 4 coaches over 26 seasons. Why do you persist with the bullsh1t "class warfare".

I just read the last part of your post about the class warfare. It's Not. I'm not a Snob.

I can & do when I want, mix in any social setting. The highfalutin, & the Ferals or Bogans if you want to term it that way. I prefer to mix with the ordinary person.

That Is NOT what this is about.

This IS About whats keeping Our club from succeeding, and what needs to happen to break away from this 'So Called', Jinx! There's no Jinx. Just stupidity and dogmatically stubborn ways by those who control the ethos or If you like, 'Culture' of Our club.

We have a Bruise Free culture. Make no enemies & offend No one. 'Bruise Free'...

The Players that arrive @ our club become 'Infected' by this and it stops their Growth as footballers. They become fine business people and politicians.

If my memory serves me right Rhino Richards had his best game for the club and we won the game (i could be wrong about that).

You are quite correct on both counts .

Was the game Richards got his nickname (Rhino) after stomping through a couple of tacklers and sitting Dipper on his arse before slotting 1 of about 3 goals .

Beat the Hawks at Princess Park who were on top at the time .

Is there anyone out there that 'Gets' what I'm talking about??? Does anyone have the courage to stand up and voice their concerns about this 'stuff'?

Yeah , I get what yer on about and we do have far too many wowsers in powerful positions at the club just as we do here online .

Fan, what role would you give Tony Jewell in our most premiershipingest football department ever?

OK, so at the moment we have:

General Manager of Football Operations : Robert Walls

Senior Coach: Allan Joyce

Youth development: David Parkin

TBA: Tony Jewell.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Laudable sarcasm, Bob.

I'd be interested to know who you think we should try to lure as coach. You've probably said it in another thread, but I haven't noticed it.

What about you, "Fan". You made whimsical comments on this thread. Who do you think we should chase? Let's assume that Malthouse isn't available.

Edited by JUMPING JACK CLENNETT

Seeing as Fremantle has just sacked Mark "Head Job" Harvey.

I think that inquiring about Leigh Matthews as coach for the Melbourne Football Club becomes more important than ever.

Alot of people here seem to hold ridiculous "old grudges" against Leigh Matthews for things he did almost 30 years ago! :rolleyes:

I think getting the best coach available for the Melbourne Football Club to help us win it's first premiership since 1964.

Anybody who thinks that we should not look at EVERY option available to us to get the RIGHT coach for us in a fool in my opinion. :mad:

If Mick Malthouse isn't available...we need to think outside the square!

Seeing as Fremantle has just sacked Mark "Head Job" Harvey.

I think that inquiring about Leigh Matthews as coach for the Melbourne Football Club becomes more important than ever.

Alot of people here seem to hold ridiculous "old grudges" against Leigh Matthews for things he did almost 30 years ago! :rolleyes:

I think getting the best coach available for the Melbourne Football Club to help us win it's first premiership since 1964.

Anybody who thinks that we should not look at EVERY option available to us to get the RIGHT coach for us in a fool in my opinion. :mad:

If Mick Malthouse isn't available...we need to think outside the square!

No arguments here SD.

It was Neil McMullin. I think it was his fourth game. Never played again. Became a surgeon at the Childrens Hospital. Still a keen Demon supporter.Occasionally has boarded young interrstate Demon reccruits. Has retired from surgery to become a player manager.

I wonder if Neil would like "Barney" as coach!

Thanks for that