RUMOUR FILE

Whispering_Jack

The Dee's will use both compo picks on a player like O'meara in a heart beat. Both Scully compo picks & a player ready to go. Warnock, Bate, Maric, Morton etc.

this has been going around for a while now ...

we will find out soon enough

Craig is the genuine article. The last thing he'd want to do to the club he has spent 14 years at is destroy his reputation by taking away one of their brightest stars. A Dangerfield, O'Meara, Viney trifecta complementing Trengove, Gysberts, McKenzie, Grimes and Blease sounds wonderful but it's the stuff of pure fantasy.

• Like 1

Craig is the genuine article. The last thing he'd want to do to the club he has spent 14 years at is destroy his reputation by taking away one of their brightest stars. A Dangerfield, O'Meara, Viney trifecta complementing Trengove, Gysberts, McKenzie, Grimes and Blease sounds wonderful but it's the stuff of pure fantasy.

It will happen! Dangerfield wants to come home to Vic. Why would you he want to go anyhere else but the Dee's. Craig wont even have to open his mouth! His appointment will be enough in the mind of Dangerfield I would think!

I love the tone and optimism of this post, but do you think it'll really happen? Is Dangerfield that besotted with Craig? Won't he hang around to see how the new coach works out?

Pick 12 + Warnock??

I dont think he will hang around! This is his opportunity to get back to VIC.

Pick 12 + Warnock! Possible! Crows require both forwards and backs. Add Bate as an another possiblity.

the compo picks alone won't net us o'meara, but throw in warnock and it would get the deal done. one i would be very willing to make.

as for dangerfield, pick12 + a player (which we are willing to part with) won't get it done either, as he's contracted, which makes it harder. Some jossiling of picks might be required, like our 2nd rounder for their 3rd or something.

if we went down this path, with viney coming in next year, we're gonna then need to go on a KPP drive over the next few years.

It will happen! Dangerfield wants to come home to Vic. Why would you he want to go anyhere else but the Dee's. Craig wont even have to open his mouth! His appointment will be enough in the mind of Dangerfield I would think!

I would love to be wrong!

I can really see both happening. Dangerfield wants to come home to VIC. And is a big fan of Craig! Has stated before his future will be influenced by whether the Crows keep Craig or not. Craig has for one chosen the MFC over opposition clubs. Including Carlton. For this reason Dangerfield will be a Demon. Pick 12 & a player. The Dee's will use both compo picks on a player like O'meara in a heart beat. We want the best! And we are out to get it done... We are no longer the club players put a line through. First class facilities, coaches, fitness staff and calling the G home is a huge draw card for players. The Melbourne FC will be world class! Both Scully compo picks & a player ready to go. Warnock, Bate, Maric, Morton etc. GWS wont want to put all there draft picks into one season. Dealing with the Dee's give's them flexibilty to draft or trade again in there 2nd year. More advantageous than GC pick 4. Dee's will make sure this deal gets done! O'meara & Viney ready to go in 2013.

Morton has just signed a two year contract with Melbourne and under the "Heffernan rule" you cannot trade a player in the first year of his contract. So we can rule Morton out unless they have changed the rule.

Morton has just signed a two year contract with Melbourne and under the "Heffernan rule" you cannot trade a player in the first year of his contract. So we can rule Morton out unless they have changed the rule.

Can trade if he agrees to it.

And he'd agree if we tell him he'll spend the next 2 years at Casey.

I don't want to trade Morton though.

Morton for Dangerfield though? I don't want to trade him, but I would.

That would never happen - Cale has too many limitations atm.

Dangerfield has some too. I'd want more than Cale if I was the Crows, but I'm not sure how much more they deserve.

Some sort of Morton package for Dangerfield I'd be happy to see.

Adelaide will want a ruckman or tall forward from us.......

I think that if we really want Dangerfield, we need to be prepared to give up someone like Tapscott plus maybe a 2nd round pick.

I am.

Give up Tapscott?

What's the matter with you?

He is just about our hardest player on the list & you want to sacrifice him for Dangerfield?

I am all for Dangerfield but not at that price.

• Like 1

We don't really have a tall forward - are you hinting at Jamar for sale?

I dont know if we would trade Jamar but we have a few young ruckman Id also say Gawn wouldnt be on the trade table, so maybe a 1st round pick and a young ruckman, we have a great record of trading ruckman........ Simmonds, Jolly lol.

They still have Tippett, Maric, Talia, McKernan, Jacobs, Rutten, Sellar, Shaw (194cm), L. Thompson (196cm), Craig (196cm), Young (194cm), Walker (194cm), Otten (194cm)...

They may lose Tippet and/or Maric, but they still have good tall stocks and really needs mids / flankers.

Typical misunderstanding of an opposition list.

Not having a go, cos I didn't realise they had that many until looking it up myself.

By my reckoning (with the help of footywire) he kicked 20 goals in games against Essendon (4), Fremantle (5), Richmond (3), Hawthorn (4), and Gold Coast (4). And then 17 goals in the other 16 games.

And he only cracked 20 possies 3 times in 2011...

But that isn't my gripe - we all know he can play good footy as his 2010 was superb (9 20+possie games, 9 three goal or more games), my gripe is with his pathetic body language and his seemingly lack of desire to do something as basic as the before game/half time rev up (Brent Moloney does it).

And people may say "so what if he let's Brent do that?" and I would try to point out that in a team atmosphere like that, it is important for THE leader to be seen to be THE leader.

Added to that is the embarrassing interviews after awful losses with nervous laughs and terrible little deflective jokes.

Give up Tapscott?

What's the matter with you?

He is just about our hardest player on the list & you want to sacrifice him for Dangerfield?

I am all for Dangerfield but not at that price.

Well you're going to have to pay something.

We won't be able to just give up our 30th best player for one of their top 5 and expect them to accept it with a 2nd round pick.

Tapscott is hard and a great kick, but what else?

I think he's limited.

I don't wear the rose-coloured glasses some supporters do.

In the cold light of day I accept we overrated our own at times and need to give up something of roughly equal value.

Edited by Lutz

We won't be able to just give up our 30th best player for one of their top 5 and expect them to accept it with a 2nd round pick.

Taps Ottawa is hard and a great kick, but what else?

I think he's limited.

In the cold light of day I accept we overrated our own at times and need to give up something of roughly equal value.

You're right, you've got to trade something good to get something good. Tapscott is a great kick and will become an elite hard defender in the mould of Glass. I hope the FD never consider this trade.

Having said that, didn't 5AA start a campaign (Ricutto?) to get Jamar to Adelaide, back in July?

Taps Ottawa is hard and a great kick, but what else?

I think he's limited.

Can play forward or back, is not just hard, he is an enforcer that wants to hurt [censored].

And we haven't really seen his full range yet, he's had an injury interrupted run.

Then there's the team morale thing, being so close to our best young player and probable future captain.

He was also on the radar of many a club, which says to me he'll definitely be a player.