Who would you target from other clubs?

MadAsHell

Guest Jack Donaghy

Here's a name for ya -- Adam Selwood.

Possibly on the way out of West Coast.

His kicking isn't great, but Kane Cornes has been proposed.

He's a Selwood, so you know what you're getting.

Not a great kick, but that's not why you'd be getting him.

Not sure where he fits in our team, but I'd say that about most other older players brought in for senior leadership.

Here's a name for ya -- Adam Selwood.

Possibly on the way out of West Coast.

His kicking isn't great, but Kane Cornes has been proposed.

He's a Selwood, so you know what you're getting.

Not a great kick, but that's not why you'd be getting him.

Not sure where he fits in our team, but I'd say that about most other older players brought in for senior leadership.

I love this idea, he is a big body who can play a trun with role but also find the footy himself. And as mentioned he is a Selwood so that means head over the footy lead from the front

P E N D L E B U R Y. Big game player, VC of Collingwood, never get injured and is out of contract next year if we don't get him someone else will. Swanny and Thomas would have taken some of the cash he's worth. If we don't have a crack I will be disappointed

You would think a KPF is the way to go right now, with the 2 in mind being Dawes or Hawkins. Hawkins was earlier not wanted by Geelong but hes ending the season well. How hard it is to get any of the two is another thing all together

However I really hope we dont just get a spud player just for the sake of pleasing the fans that something has been done. Only get a player that is realistic but also improves the club as a whole

You would think a KPF is the way to go right now, with the 2 in mind being Dawes or Hawkins. Hawkins was earlier not wanted by Geelong but hes ending the season well. How hard it is to get any of the two is another thing all together

However I really hope we dont just get a spud player just for the sake of pleasing the fans that something has been done. Only get a player that is realistic but also improves the club as a whole

I would absolutely love Dawes and I have thought the last few years that he would slot in perfectly to our side, however I don't think there is actually a realistic chance of snagging him from the Pies - seems to be too important to their set up and structure in my opinion.

I would absolutely love Dawes and I have thought the last few years that he would slot in perfectly to our side, however I don't think there is actually a realistic chance of snagging him from the Pies - seems to be too important to their set up and structure in my opinion.

Can someone pleeeeeeeeease get it through my head the major differences between Chris Dawes and Stef Martin??? There is a lot of love around for Dawes, I just don't see why we need him when Martin is more than capable of playing that role (just needs to be played in that spot more often).

I'm happy to have my opinion changed!

Daniel Stewart from Port Adelaide.

200cm Key forward. Excellent hands/mark and athlete.

Much cheaper then Dawes and even Jesse White.

Butcher looks to be the main man.

He is however injury prone and goes missing. He could easily be a bust but with his price and potential, it could be a good investment.

Daniel Stewart from Port Adelaide.

200cm Key forward. Excellent hands/mark and athlete.

Much cheaper then Dawes and even Jesse White.

Butcher looks to be the main man.

He is however injury prone and goes missing. He could easily be a bust but with his price and potential, it could be a good investment.

Do the names Jack Fitzpatrick and Lucas Cook mean anything to you Jacey? Similar height, weight, and are actually currently on our list (1 is even a first round draft pick). Even at minimal investment, why would you look at obtaining him, when we have 2 guys on our list of similar qualities?

Can anyone tell me how we go about trading in/out a rookie listed player that is contracted? The player that I'm interested in is Ed Barlow from Carlton.

Other than that, I would leave any uncontracted players alone. If they weren't considered by GWS, why the hell would we want them? We've seen they were willing to pay big dollars for good (not great) players, doesn't say much for what's left IMO!

• Like 1

Do the names Jack Fitzpatrick and Lucas Cook mean anything to you Jacey? Similar height, weight, and are actually currently on our list (1 is even a first round draft pick). Even at minimal investment, why would you look at obtaining him, when we have 2 guys on our list of similar qualities?

Can anyone tell me how we go about trading in/out a rookie listed player that is contracted? The player that I'm interested in is Ed Barlow from Carlton.

Other than that, I would leave any uncontracted players alone. If they weren't considered by GWS, why the hell would we want them? We've seen they were willing to pay big dollars for good (not great) players, doesn't say much for what's left IMO!

Is this the same skinny Cook we took at pick 12 instead of Jack Darling?A project player instead of what we neded a tough KPP!

Is this the same skinny Cook we took at pick 12 instead of Jack Darling?A project player instead of what we neded a tough KPP!

Because Darling would be killing it when Lynch, Kennedy, and either Cox or Nat arnt taking the better/all of the tall defenders....he is perfect fit or WC atm, i apologize we recruited someone who isnt ready to play the day they are drafted, our window wasnt this year so why recruit for it

The Cook v Darling arguement has nothing to do with the post I was replying to. Jacey mentioned a certain style/build of a player that I think we already have enough of, which one of those is a 1st rounder.

• Like 1

There's so much bullsh1t on here. Jeremy Howe outmarked and out-contested marked Darling for the year playing a similar role as 3rd tall. Is he our tough KPP?

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/compare_players?tid1=109&pid1=2011033&year1=2011&tid2=116&pid2=2011026&year2=2011

Darling had Kennedy and Lynch in the forward 50 too much more size and experience there than Watts and Jurrah.

• Like 2

Jack Fitzpatrick has a lot to do to make it.

Like Lucas Cook but Daniel Stewart is a ready made plug and play big hulking forward with excellent hands.

Watts, Cook, Stewart, Howe, Jurrah might seem too tall but Howe and Jurrah aren't genuine talls and all barring Cook are mobile.

Shh you are not allowed to mention the D word.

Cook is going to be a beauth in 2016!

There's so much bullsh1t on here. Jeremy Howe outmarked and out-contested marked Darling for the year playing a similar role as 3rd tall. Is he our tough KPP?

http://www.pro-stats...1026&year2=2011

Darling had Kennedy and Lynch in the forward 50 too much more size and experience there than Watts and Jurrah.

Didn't Darling kick two huge goals in the last quarter of a semi - final on Saturday night & play a huge part in progressing his side into a preliminary?

Despite the stats not sure Howe has had quite the same impact as Darling.

Sadly again we stuffed up bigtime, we should of drafted this kid.

Jack Fitzpatrick has a lot to do to make it.

Like Lucas Cook but Daniel Stewart is a ready made plug and play big hulking forward with excellent hands.

Watts, Cook, Stewart, Howe, Jurrah might seem too tall but Howe and Jurrah aren't genuine talls and all barring Cook are mobile.

Don't get me wrong, the jury is still out for mine with Jack Fitzpatrick, but to the kids credit, he's pnly played 1 game.

Fitzpatrick, 200cm, 93kg, 1 game, 20 years old

Stewart, 200cm, 93kg, 23 games, 23 years old

One would like to think that by the time Fitzpatrick has turned 23, he'd probably have a few more games under his belt than Stewart, and would probably be the hulking forward that you are craving.

Let's not forget, we are unlikely to win a flag in next season, so it's a matter of looking at what our list will be like starting from 2013, with a closer eye on 2014. Get our midfield right this year and next, becuase these young, bulky, tall forwards will be right where we want them, when we need them most.

Didn't Darling kick two huge goals in the last quarter of a semi - final on Saturday night & play a huge part in progressing his side into a preliminary?

If that's the case OMR, there's 16 clubs that stuffed up big time. All other clubs had a chance to draft him, but like us, decided not to, for what ever reason that we will never know about.

Until we know what we have got with Cook, there will always be question marks. No different to the Watts/Nik Nat arguement, or the Scully/Trengove/Martin arguement, and so on (it happens every year to every club).

Having Darling on our list this year wouldn't have meant we would be still playing in September.

Nb. I can imagine the criticism if one of our players walked in to goal after a free kick with the ball raised in the air...

3 for the game!

He is a spud glad we did not pick him!!!!

Edited by old dee

The player that I'm interested in is Ed Barlow from Carlton. Other than that, I would leave any uncontracted players alone.

Doesn't Ed Barlow play for the dogs (former Swans player) ...isn't Ed Curnow the Carlton player?

Edited by Oucher

It was tough for Howe to make an impact in that game.

• Like 2

If that's the case OMR, there's 16 clubs that stuffed up big time. All other clubs had a chance to draft him, but like us, decided not to, for what ever reason that we will never know about.

Until we know what we have got with Cook, there will always be question marks. No different to the Watts/Nik Nat arguement, or the Scully/Trengove/Martin arguement, and so on (it happens every year to every club).

Having Darling on our list this year wouldn't have meant we would be still playing in September.

Nb. I can imagine the criticism if one of our players walked in to goal after a free kick with the ball raised in the air...

Billy until the day Cook kicks 4 goals in a MFC senior side the comparison is always going to be made.

I get a little tied of the excuse that all these other sides did not pick him either argument.

We were hell bent on selecting project players for 3 - 5 years time.

Darling will be a gold mine in the future and we passed on him never mind what everyone else did.

Edited by old dee

Billy until the day Cook kicks 4 goals in a MFC senior side the comparison is always going to be made.

Darling (191cm) is a very good player, but we took Cook (196cm) and Howe (190 cm) and as you say the jury is still out - we may have selected a more flexible combination. Howe is very good and the Eagles already have Kennedy (196cm) and Lynch (194cm).

Patience is a virtue.

I get a little tied of the excuse that all these other sides did not pick him either argument.

We were hell bent on selecting project players for 3 - 5 years time.

Darling will be a gold mine in the future and we passed on him never mind what everyone else did.

Is that because it is such an effective counter to your poorly considered complaint?

ALL draftees are project players for 3-5 years time.

Anything that comes earlier is just icing.