• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Rekon you just hit the nail on the head Nutbean

It's going on 6 Weeks since Bails left the building.

Why hasn't there been any visable leg work in appointinting the next Coach?

The announced selection commitee has smoke screen written all over it.

The deal is done - I dont know the official outcome however stay tuned.

To me it appears Garry Lyon has already landed his man.

Interesting Paul and OMR - I have zero idea - but it will interesting to see how it plays out.

I always live in the "refuse to speculate" camp - but I have posted elsewhere about Ross Lyon's handling of the question on his future today. Lots of land posters were reading into what Tom said and didnt say in his March presser. Those posters will have a field day on Ross Lyons answers today. Ambiguity personified.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Garry Lyon last night he looked like he has the new coach deal quite well in hand. Toms the first card to be revealed...

Next presser to reveal we have both Scully and Malthouse or Lyon.

Wouldn't that shut 'em all up.

I just listened to James Frawley on MMM (interview before the game on Sunday) and he clearly says that TS has told the players he will be there next year.... I know Frawley is the not the best media performer and maybe just got nervous when the question came.. but still interesting..

Edited by Jakovich13

It wouldn't shut me up though.....

No, but there Credentials would be in tatters....I still remember the absolute joke of an article Rohan Connolly wrote on James Hird a couple of years back, since then i read his articles with scant respect.

Truly ironic you choose to put in those terms .

I await the inevitable

You say that understanding is the same as agreement?!

No wonder we can't have a proper argument, to understand what the other person is saying is somehow akin to agreeing with them.

I guess the way to win an argument is to never understand the other side?

I just listened to James Frawley on MMM (interview before the game on Sunday) and he clearly says that TS has told the players he will be there next year.... I know Frawley is the not the best media performer and maybe just got nervous when the question came.. but still interesting..

They asked him when do you think the Tom Scully issue will come to a close

He talked about how as a player he expects him to be there and plans on that. He also said Scully told them he will be there next year

"He has said to us he's going to be here next year and I take his word on it"

Edited by FitZ

Would that be in the Sunday rub podcast do you think? Anyone got the audio or transcript from that interview

He talked about how as a player he expects him to be there and plans on that. He also said Scully told them he will be there next year

hmmmm - but did Frawley press and ask how many games he will be "here" next year as the Giants will play us at least once on the G next year so he will definitely be here - and then theres games he plays against the co-tenants at the G.....I'm tipping he will be here next year at least 4-6 times ?

( tongue pressed so firmly in cheek that it is dangling out of my ear)

hmmmm - but did Frawley press and ask how many games he will be "here" next year as the Giants will play us at least once on the G next year so he will definitely be here - and then theres games he plays against the co-tenants at the G.....I'm tipping he will be here next year at least 4-6 times ?

( tongue pressed so firmly in cheek that it is dangling out of my ear)

But "here" at the time he made the statement could only have meant Adelaide Oval!! So ... he's going to Port??

That is a big call I wonder why no one has picked it up?

Too embarrassed if its right?!

I am wondering if this is all linked to the Lyon rumour,I felt Sylvia was a goner but there was a sudden turn around maybe the players have been given the inside oil to get them to sign on.

If so it would be a bright spot in an otherwise dismal year.

This is pure gold - SCULLY COULD BE GIANTS CAPTAIN!!!

AFL newcomers Greater Western Sydney’s marquee signing Tom Scully is shaping as a shock appointment as the pioneering franchise’s first captain.

It is understood certain clauses in his multi-million dollar deal could include Scully’s on-field leadership in an even younger overall squad than Gold Coast’s inaugural squad this year.

The brilliant young gun midfielder has been committed for several months to the Giants on a massive five-year contract.

Appointment of the potentially stunning on-baller as the Giants first up skipper, at the age of just 20, is expected to stun some hard core analysts through AFL circles.

There is even strong anticipation that Giants management could also appoint emerging young key defender Phil Davis as a co-captain alongside Scully.

Confirmation of Scully and Davis as co-skippers is unlikely until after the Giants assemble their full squad later this year or even early into 2012 approaching the new outfit's first AFL season.

Two 20 year olds with a combined total of 40 games as co-captains of an AFL club - sheer Sheedy genius!

Rekon you just hit the nail on the head Nutbean

It's going on 6 Weeks since Bails left the building.

Why hasn't there been any visable leg work in appointinting the next Coach?

The announced selection commitee has smoke screen written all over it.

The deal is done - I dont know the official outcome however stay tuned.

To me it appears Garry Lyon has already landed his man.

Just out of curiosity how would this visibility take shape ?

You expecting open air interviewing at the local cafe perhaps ??

hourly updates on realfooty etc ?

ffs tHE two they are most after are still contracted to do a job for the forseeable weeks.. You expect them to out themselves ??

If ever a time for hush hush shhhhhhhhhhhhh !! its now !!

Guest Gareth Keenan

Kim Hagdorn is a muppet!

He obviously doesn't worry about ruining his reputation by writing carp, because it is already in tatters...

Just out of curiosity how would this visibility take shape ?

You expecting open air interviewing at the local cafe perhaps ??

hourly updates on realfooty etc ?

ffs tHE two they are most after are still contracted to do a job for the forseeable weeks.. You expect them to out themselves ??

If ever a time for hush hush shhhhhhhhhhhhh !! its now !!

So you're not believing this speculation, which let's face it, has quite a deal of legs (in the R Lyon case), in particular with a betting plunge (which is far more than the $130 or whatever some here wish to believe), but you believe the speculatuion that Scully has gone, and criticise anyone that thinks differently?

Perhaps you should practice your last piece of advice B59, it would do us all a favour.

This is pure gold - SCULLY COULD BE GIANTS CAPTAIN!!!

AFL newcomers Greater Western Sydney’s marquee signing Tom Scully is shaping as a shock appointment as the pioneering franchise’s first captain.

It is understood certain clauses in his multi-million dollar deal could include Scully’s on-field leadership in an even younger overall squad than Gold Coast’s inaugural squad this year.

The brilliant young gun midfielder has been committed for several months to the Giants on a massive five-year contract.

Appointment of the potentially stunning on-baller as the Giants first up skipper, at the age of just 20, is expected to stun some hard core analysts through AFL circles.

There is even strong anticipation that Giants management could also appoint emerging young key defender Phil Davis as a co-captain alongside Scully.

Confirmation of Scully and Davis as co-skippers is unlikely until after the Giants assemble their full squad later this year or even early into 2012 approaching the new outfit's first AFL season.

Two 20 year olds with a combined total of 40 games as co-captains of an AFL club - sheer Sheedy genius!

Who owns Sports News First?? This company thrives on spewing rubbish on to paper

This journalist is obviously open to cash paper bags, he will write anything!!

Sports News First is on the same level as THE TRUTH of the 70's & 80's!

But "here" at the time he made the statement could only have meant Adelaide Oval!! So ... he's going to Port??

hmmm that dents my argument.

nope - still going to GWS but his knee is so bad he is taking two years off ( until 2014)- then the following year he will play for GWS and have at least one away game at the Adelaide oval.

Kim Hagdorn is a muppet!

He obviously doesn't worry about ruining his reputation by writing carp, because it is already in tatters...

Finally, 100% full consensus!!

That is a massive statement from Chip.

( to repeat - I am only really interested in sign or resign and disregard everything else written or said but wow !)

So you're not believing this speculation, which let's face it, has quite a deal of legs (in the R Lyon case), in particular with a betting plunge (which is far more than the $130 or whatever some here wish to believe), but you believe the speculatuion that Scully has gone, and criticise anyone that thinks differently?

Perhaps you should practice your last piece of advice B59, it would do us all a favour.

perhaps youre an absolute idiot !!

Where do I suggest beleif or disbelief in anything towards the coaching choice Billy ? I simply put it that if the club was indeed after heh two most likely candidates Malthouse and Lyon then its hardly likely you'll see anythng in public capische ?? or is that too cerebal for you ?? hmm It was in answer to OMR complaining that he can see nothign visible happening regarding the coaching.

Go back to primary and learn how to read.

There is no analogy to the Scully farce. Nice try though