Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thomo

If Scully has signed, I doubt it will be annunced at the same presser as Ward. From a marketing prespective GWS would prefer to split them to gain more coverage. I predict that Scully will announce that he has signed with GWS next Monday.

There will me a lot of things going through Tom's head, the first will be, Thats a lot of Money, then it will be That's a lot of Money and once he gets over that thought you start thinking about your team mates and don't forget Tom would have grown up with a number of players on our list he will have close relationships with a number of them. These relationships are the only real thing that may keep him at our club. I have no idea if he is going or staying but it is a lot of money.

Edited by drdrake

Might have already been done - free agency + extra salary cap for GC and GWS.

Bound to make things interesting particularly for older players with the last roll of the dice.

From Robbo's 'The Tackle" chat forum ....

3:34 spacer.gif[Comment From Nathan: ] With the Callan Ward announcement today when do you think the other players going to GWS will announce their intentions? And who do you think they will be? fb_share2.png

3:34 spacer.gifthis week with Scully I'm sure (Reply from Mark Robinson)

Those journos and their pesky sources! lol

Edited by Range Rover

That's what he said? "This week with Scully I'm sure." Did he elaborate? That was most unconvincing.

All of the scribes are basing this on a hunch, and they are swelling with confidence (read: sheer bloody arrogance) thanks to their clean sweep on the Gold Coast rumours last season.

That's what he said? "This week with Scully I'm sure." Did he elaborate? That was most unconvincing.

All of the scribes are basing this on a hunch, and they are swelling with confidence (read: sheer bloody arrogance) thanks to their clean sweep on the Gold Coast rumours last season.

Yeah thats all he said. He just quickly replies to questions, was hurrying through them. They it came across was he was gone will be announced later in the week. Seems strange that Melbourne don't know and he does. Ward knew told the doggies straight away. As soon as Scully tells the club the footy world will know for sure.

From Robbo's 'The Tackle" chat forum ....

3:34 spacer.gif[Comment From Nathan: ] With the Callan Ward announcement today when do you think the other players going to GWS will announce their intentions? And who do you think they will be? fb_share2.png

3:34 spacer.gifthis week with Scully I'm sure (Reply from Mark Robinson)

Those journos and their pesky sources! lol

Also when quizzed later about Dees chances of keeping Scully, he said "don't think so"

Doesn't sound supremely confident to me

Wouldn't he say "no chance" "not going to happen" "deal is done" if he was so certain

If TS leaves and the club knows, they will issue a statement immediately, they'd owe Scully nothing

Yeah thats all he said. He just quickly replies to questions, was hurrying through them. They it came across was he was gone will be announced later in the week. Seems strange that Melbourne don't know and he does. Ward knew told the doggies straight away. As soon as Scully tells the club the footy world will know for sure.

It's a charade. The club knows. Scully knows. GW$ know and the journos know.

The announcement is being delayed to maintain the credibility of the whole 'he'll look at the offer after the season' bunkum.

Sorry but anyone who is buying into this crap now is either dunce or phenomenally stubborn.

The announcement is being delayed to maintain the credibility of the whole 'he'll look at the offer after the season' bunkum.

Sorry but anyone who is buying into this crap now is either dunce or phenomenally stubborn.

What does the (Melbourne Football) Club achieve by keeping this quiet?

What would the club owe TS if he'd already accepted the offer?

The Bulldogs issued a statement immediately once Ward had accepted and informed them

Was speaking with the Grandparents, yesterday at Adelaide Oval, of one of Tom's best mates (if not BEST mate) and they would be shocked if he stayed but said it could happen... Tom supposedly feels let down by certain people at the club, higher up than DB was and they also commented on his parents preparing to move to Sydney... His old man works up there as we know...

They have known Tom since he was a kid (I'm sure you can work out who their Granson is) and they say Tom is close mates with a lot of the younger guys at the club, but just feels let down like I said!

They also said that anyone that knows Tom would know he has wanted to play AFL since he was a kid and he would do it for no money! Very driven young man...

Scully has done the right thing by the club by informing them early and the club is respecting Tom's management's wishes to delay the announcement.

Who's your source on this

And I would think in all honesty, if Melbourne had lost the # 1 draft pick 2 years after drafting, after nursing him through injuries all year, they'd say get stuffed and announce immediately

He may leave, he may stay, but the fact is, right now, I don't think anyone knows for certain

Scully has done the right thing by the club by informing them early and the club is respecting Tom's management's wishes to delay the announcement.

Disappointing if we are playing that game. Can't see any of the big teams being manipulated like that.

I don't think the club knows.

A 9 month refuge for the uncommitted is what the MFC now stands for

come along take games off other developing players, apply negative pressure on

your mates by having them harassed about your own intentions.

If ever the tail was allowed to wag the dog this is the instance.

This entire season has reflected the Scully farce.

Announce your intentions Scully stop waiting for the benefit of GWS.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Oh f**k off!

Are you serious?! Do you really think we would??

No chance.

He hasn't informed the club, and it's probably because he's yet to decide.

Who's your source on this

And I would think in all honesty, if Melbourne had lost the # 1 draft pick 2 years after drafting, after nursing him through injuries all year, they'd say get stuffed and announce immediately

He may leave, he may stay, but the fact is, right now, I don't think anyone knows for certain

My source is my brain.

Melbourne's only interest in this is to maximize its compensation.

It is in our interest to play it out cooly, elevate Scully's image and get the best possible deal from the AFL we can.

My source is my brain.

Melbourne's only interest in this is to maximize its compensation.

It is in our interest to play it out cooly, elevate Scully's image and get the best possible deal from the AFL we can.

Rubbish, whether it's announced today, tomorrow, next week makes no difference in that regard

Melbourne will be [censored] if he leaves, they'll owe him nothing, they will announce it immediately