The Fevola vote

tonatopia

Should the MFC draft fevola as a rookie in 2012?  

314 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sorry, but you are looing at the VFL Fevola and not the AFL Fevola....very large difference in terms of workload and discipline...

Anyway if Fevola does play for us...for short term gains at most...would he not once again stall the development of Lucas Cook and to a slightly lesser degree James Howe.

Someone has too be dropped if Fevola plays.

So we don't recruit Fev because he may be / is better than some of our up and coming kids, and they may have to earn their spot... Sounds like another way to lift the bar at the MFC and teach the pups that a spot in the team don't come on potential alone.

Talk about culture issues, the MFCs pampered text book approach to winning a flag, has run its race, and we finish this year with a team that can be characterised as weak, timid, and lacking confidence. So lets try the traditional approach of bringing in the best available players to strengthen the team and let go of the PC mother groups mollycoddling kindergarden approach.

To improve quality you raise the bar and reward those who jump it...

Edited by PaulRB

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't recruit Fev because he may be / is better than some of our up and coming kids, and they may have to earn their spot... Sounds like another way to lift the bar at the MFC and teach the pups that a spot in the team don't come on potential alone.

Talk about culture issues, the MFCs pampered text book approach to winning a flag, has run its race, and we finish this year with a team that can be characterised as weak, timid, and lacking confidence. So lets try the traditional approach of bringing in the best available players to strengthen the team and let go of the PC mother groups mollycoddling kindergarden approach.

To improve quality you raise the bar and reward those who jump it...

I agree, but bringing in Fevola would certainly not raise the bar within our club.

In fact it could be quite the opposite.

That IMO was the problem, a poor culture and a one forward club.. A big kid in a little cess pool of stagnant water. No one to lead him (that Boy) the right way. He's now growing up slowly.

He had that at two clubs and two different cities. Same outcome. Fevola is the cess pool of stagnant water. Its great at 31 he is growing up slowly. I would rather look at him at 60 when on this trend he will be out of his teen years.

He had that at two clubs and two different cities. Same outcome. Fevola is the cess pool of stagnant water. Its great at 31 he is growing up slowly. I would rather look at him at 60 when on this trend he will be out of his teen years.

demon_laugh.gif great post made my day that did..

Don't be surprised to see the Fev back at Carlton.

Mrs Pratt likes the boy.

You heard it here first.....

No It was Dick Pratt that liked Fev and bankrolled his last contract at Carlton. He has gone.

From my sources neither Ratten nor Judd had any time for the misfit and culture sore in his final year at Carlton. His position became untenable there like it did at Brisbane. I dont think anything has occurred to change that.

He has more chance batting for Australia this summer than playing with the blues.

I believe we would lose nothing by throwing him a lifeline with a senior rookie position and a zero tolerance contract; who knows, it may even pay off. I know many will think I'm on crack, but I tweeted the following (and urge any like minded people to copy and paste and do the same):

"@DemonsHQ No one is beyond redemption; give Fev a rookie spot, a zero tolerance contract and a go! He has given his all and more, for Casey!"

Most likely will fall of deaf ears (or should that be blind eyes), but as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Edited by hardtack

It' staggering that the vote is so close. It will be embarrassing if this actually happens.

Hmmm.....maybe it says something about the average Demons punter that one wouldn't have picked?

There again maybe Fev's got a lot of rellies logged on? LOL

I think some are actually deluding themselves into thinking we are a Fev away from the top 4...

Not I... but I do believe we may be just a Fev away from a finals position and some invaluable finals experience for the younger brigade of players.

Not I... but I do believe we may be just a Fev away from a finals position and some invaluable finals experience for the younger brigade of players.

Fevola....invaluable finals experience??? He has played six finals matches in 12 years of senior football. 5 of those were in his first 2 years of AFL football. He has played 1 final in the past 10 years. And Carlton bumped him as it was heading towards their finals campaign.

If you want finals experience then lets at least focus on a player that actually has some credibility at that level.

It' staggering that the vote is so close. It will be embarrassing if this actually happens.

So true......

Funny how the Fev scenario brings out fear of the MFC being corrupted, it's fans humiliated or condescension as the common line of rebuttal...

I.e. "...deluding themselves into thinking we are a Fev away from the top 4..."(rpfc)

"It will be embarrassing if this actually happens" (Range Rover)

"Walk away please MFC, just walk away quietly....leave it well alone." (why you little)

Seems that few want to argue the logic of his merit as a footballer filling a need that the MFC have, so they appeal to other more emotive arguments.

Guest Gareth Keenan

I worry about the possible fracturing effect it could have on a united playing group.

If Fev were to endear himself to a section of the playing group, and then commit a minor indiscretion... what would the club do?

I assume they'd send him packing, and stick to their no tolerance policy, but it would be at the risk of dividing a playing group, many of whom could think he was being dealt with too harshly for such a minor infraction.

What would fairly constitute crossing the line? If Fev were to get a parking ticket, and then the players lose their new friend and teammate, what then? Would you expect them to all be happy with this result?

The effect of adding him to the playing group, and then swiftly removing him - would this not provide a distraction and upset the balance of the list?

It would appear to me that a similar thing happened with the playing group at the bulldogs last season when dealing with Akermanis.

Fevola....invaluable finals experience??? He has played six finals matches in 12 years of senior football. 5 of those were in his first 2 years of AFL football. He has played 1 final in the past 10 years. And Carlton bumped him as it was heading towards their finals campaign.

If you want finals experience then lets at least focus on a player that actually has some credibility at that level.

Word for the day Rhino... "comprehension"

Re-read my post and you will see that I was not talking about Fev's finals experience. I was talking about the fact that maybe he could help get us to the finals... it would then be our younger brigade who would be gaining the aforementioned "invaluable finals experience".

Seems that few want to argue the logic of his merit as a footballer filling a need that the MFC have, so they appeal to other more emotive arguments.

Seems that few want to realise that the merit he brings as a footballer (where the gap between his best and worst football is subatantial) also comes with the demerits he has as an individual. And there is nothing emotive about his chronic track record.

Word for the day Rhino... "comprehension"

Re-read my post and you will see that I was not talking about Fev's finals experience. I was talking about the fact that maybe he could help get us to the finals... it would then be our younger brigade who would be gaining the aforementioned "invaluable finals experience".

They will still get it on their own steam, I seemed to recall the wonderful added value Fev provided another club that was pushing towards the finals in 2008/09.

Funny how the Fev scenario brings out fear of the MFC being corrupted, it's fans humiliated or condescension as the common line of rebuttal...

I.e. "...deluding themselves into thinking we are a Fev away from the top 4..."(rpfc)

"It will be embarrassing if this actually happens" (Range Rover)

"Walk away please MFC, just walk away quietly....leave it well alone." (why you little)

Paul, look at what happened in Brisbane.....Fevola is not the answer to our forward line oroblems.