• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Was i hearing something on SEN ?

havago

Hi was listening to SEN after the match and they asked mick malthouse what did you get out of the game and i found his response surprising .

He said much along the lines that he was hear today to have a good look at Melbourne then he quickly said and west coast of course but it was in the manner he said it that made me think ?

Any one else pick this up or am i the only one hearing things .

I didn't hear it... but that's because I didn't want to hear all the talk-back callers. Haha

However, I really think we are a good shot at getting Malthouse to Melbourne next season. I know he has said 'I won't be coaching anywhere in 2012', but of course he is going to say that. At present, he is the coach of a club that is a genuine premiership contender, so nipping any rumours in the butt is important so as it doesn't de-stabilize the club (shame that a certain 20yr old doesn't have Mick's wisdom). Guaranteed though, Mick is not happy about the fact that he will have to play second fiddle to Eddie's love-child, especially when he is only now starting to see the fruits of the team he spent 10+ seasons building and shaping into a force. Mick himself has said he knows he can't sit out of the coaching caper too long, or he will run the risk of becoming yesterdays news, like what has happened to other great proven coaches like Matthews and Pagan.

I really think that the only thing that will stop Malthouse @ Melbourne 2012 is his price-tag... Eddie's threats of legal action really don't have a leg to stand on. That is just typical McGuire huff 'n puff. I don't believe for one moment that Mick will happily sit-out next season as a 'coaching coordinator', and then weigh up his options for 2013. We know that he would love to inherit this list... he has said it himself. Listening to the broadcast yesterday whilst at the game, he sounded like a coach frustrated with HIS players, not that of an opposition club. His analysis of our players is very in-depth (maybe that is normal of an opposition coach, I don't know), so he certainly has had a big look at what we have.

Here is what I'm hoping for in season 2012:

- Mick Malthouse as Senior Coach

- Brendan Fevola as Full Forward (Don't laugh, he WILL get a gig somewhere next season and providing it isn't GWS, he will kick 50+ goals). If he has a hard-arse coach eg. Malthouse who will give him a rocket when needed, then he will stay on the straight and narrow. Too often throughout his career he was able to get away with absolutely everything because of soft football departments or coaches. He knows he has no chances left, so he won't stuff up. I guarantee it. People will say he is a cancer at clubs... however, I disagree. A cancer is someone who back-stabs and creates divisions in the playing group. All I've heard about Fevola is posititive in this regard. He is a bloke's bloke, someone who is loved by all players. He stuffed up Brownlow night, and that cost him at Carlton. Only stuff-up he caused at Brisbane was being offered too much money by them. The issues that 'caused' the falling out were eventually disproven.

We get those two to MFC = 40,000+ members. Simple equation really

Edited by mfcrox

Haven't got a leg to stand on as far as I've heard. I reckon Mick would have a clause in there saying he could coach elsewhere if he wished... like most assistant coaches do. He also signed the contract during a traumatic period in his life, he has said this himself. He said that at the time he signed he was comfortable with the security it would provide in monetary and personal terms. At the time of signing, I think Christie Malthouse's baby was having complications, and Mick's mother was gravely ill too. I am no lawyer, but if proven that he signed a contract under that sort of personal anguish, can't it invalidate the contract?

He also signed the contract during a traumatic period in his life, he has said this himself. He said that at the time he signed he was comfortable with the security it would provide in monetary and personal terms. At the time of signing, I think Christie Malthouse's baby was having complications, and Mick's mother was gravely ill too. I am no lawyer, but if proven that he signed a contract under that sort of personal anguish, can't it invalidate the contract?

Unfortunately no. Unless you could prove he didn't know what he was signing and Collingwood knew this or he was insane (Obviously none of which are true). Although I still believe Mick will be at MFC in 2012 :)

Edited by Watt and Howe?

At the time Mick Malthouse signed his contract his role was undefined. The very simple way for Mick to get out of it is as he has indicated i.e. the role doesn't suit. The whole Mick Malthouse "football director" role came about as a means to ease Mick out of the job and Eddies mate Bucks in. At the time Micks legacy at Collingwood was still up in the air. It has only been the last 12 months that Collingwood have woken up to the potential embarrassment of having Mick coaching successfully somewhere else.

I think the other point here is that Buckley would be happy NOT to have Mick there looking over his shoulder. It is more important that the pies keep Buckley happy than retain Mick. At the end of the day if they can't agree on his role at Collingwood under this contract, they can't prevent him from coaching elsewhere, unless I imagine they pay him out?

maybe that's why the MFC wanted to raise the $800,000 from the other night.. help pay for Mick's legal bills from the Pies :)

I reckon Eddie's wild threats of legal action are A-Grade Bluster.

No doubt the Demons would have to pony up big dollars to get Malthouse, but I would be staggered if Mick did not have an out clause in his 2012 Collingwood contract, thus negating any need to an expensive legal battle.

Mind you, what I actually know about the law and Mick's contractual status could be written on a parking ticket.

Here is what I'm hoping for in season 2012:

- Mick Malthouse as Senior Coach

- Brendan Fevola as Full Forward (Don't laugh, he WILL get a gig somewhere next season and providing it isn't GWS, he will kick 50+ goals). If he has a hard-arse coach eg. Malthouse who will give him a rocket when needed, then he will stay on the straight and narrow. Too often throughout his career he was able to get away with absolutely everything because of soft football departments or coaches. He knows he has no chances left, so he won't stuff up. I guarantee it. People will say he is a cancer at clubs... however, I disagree. A cancer is someone who back-stabs and creates divisions in the playing group. All I've heard about Fevola is posititive in this regard. He is a bloke's bloke, someone who is loved by all players. He stuffed up Brownlow night, and that cost him at Carlton. Only stuff-up he caused at Brisbane was being offered too much money by them. The issues that 'caused' the falling out were eventually disproven.

We get those two to MFC = 40,000+ members. Simple equation really

Agreed. I want Melbourne to be seen as arrogant and aggressive. Both Mick and Fev would definitely bring both attributes to the table.

Freudian slip? God, I hope so.

And to think, those that want Malthouse, also want Fev!

Mick is not that stupid - if you want Fev, you'll have to set your sights on a different coach...

Freudian slip? God, I hope so.

And to think, those that want Malthouse, also want Fev!

Mick is not that stupid - if you want Fev, you'll have to set your sights on a different coach...

Krakouer, Shaw and Didak all play for Collingwood.

I listened to SEN commentary of the game while I was there, and found it curious but also good that Mick found positives in quite a few things. Can't remember an example unfortunately, but went something like Demonms player misses a gaoal and Mick says the good thing is the way he won the ball in tight contest. He must of said similar things at least hald dozen times or more.

And is my understanding that you cannot hold a anyone in Australia to a peronal services contract, unless for example you pay a large payout to end the contract and include a clause of not working, or not working for a competitor, attached to that payout. Also if Collingwood did try and sue Mick for breach of contract if would make it hard for them to get anyone else to sign up to a contract down the track.