Greg Healy - Football director 2012

7-UP

they decided that they going to change the leadership group and Brad Green will not be captain 2012.

Sounds to me like Damo just reads D'land.

Edited by Watt and Howe?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has probably been done to death in other threads so don't reply if you don't have to, but personally I think he had a very valid point.

Yeah, no balls. Taking on a role he doesn't want. Doing the job despite having a busy and successful job in the media. Giving up time with his wife and young boys to help this club out in the tough times. But no, you are Garry Lyon and I am going to sit on my ass and tell you to turn ur life upside down to help the club. Oh, and you have no balls because your not intending to do it for the long haul.

I ignore a lot of posts. Look at my post count compared to sign up date. But these posts add absolutely no value. And no, I'm sorry, that is not a good point

Yeah, no balls. Taking on a role he doesn't want. Doing the job despite having a busy and successful job in the media. Giving up time with his wife and young boys to help this club out in the tough times. But no, you are Garry Lyon and I am going to sit on my ass and tell you to turn ur life upside down to help the club. Oh, and you have no balls because your not intending to do it for the long haul.

I ignore a lot of posts. Look at my post count compared to sign up date. But these posts add absolutely no value. And no, I'm sorry, that is not a good point

+1

Greg Healy....Bah...Humbug!

I've heard from a VERY reliable source....

Club's bringing in Peter McNamara as Football Director and Paul McNamee as CEO to replace CS from beginning of next year!

Apparently they're going to serve up an ace of a plan to move this club forward. However, they're asking for a Prince of a sum to do so! On the other hand they're bringing with them a huge new sponsor and about to sign a HEAD of agreement.

In addition, they're going to ensure 'new balls' all round at every training session. As well as some ball boys positioned behind the goals during practice to ensure that any shots on goal sprayed wide, will be returned to the boys quick smart. Something about an issue with accuracy with set shots on goal and more practice needed here (part of their cunning new game plan i'm told).

When asked to comment on this, CEO Cameron Schwab was heard to respond.... "No comment boys, anyone for tennis?".

With all the rumours and speculation on all matters MFC i've heard on here this year, that's all the confirmation i need to convince me...this is a dead set certainty!

Club's bringing in Peter McNamara as Football Director and Paul McNamee as CEO to replace CS from beginning of next year!

Apparently they're going to serve up an ace of a plan to move this club forward. However, they're asking for a Prince of a sum to do so! On the other hand they're bringing with them a huge new sponsor and about to sign a HEAD of agreement.

In addition, they're going to ensure 'new balls' all round at every training session. As well as some ball boys positioned behind the goals during practice to ensure that any shots on goal sprayed wide, will be returned to the boys quick smart. Something about an issue with accuracy with set shots on goal and more practice needed here (part of their cunning new game plan i'm told).

When asked to comment on this, CEO Cameron Schwab was heard to respond.... "No comment boys, anyone for tennis?".

With all the rumours and speculation on all matters MFC i've heard on here this year, that's all the confirmation i need to convince me...this is a dead set certainty!

Really, I heard Pat Cash was coming over from Hawthorn to teach ball skills. And Todds asked Boris Becker to serve the sponsors.

He'd be a very good get.

He was the first that came to mind, but I was under the impression he was too busy with Quiksilver, and unwilling to move on (don't blame him, it'd be a good gig).

Agree wholeheartedly. It would be a major coup for the footy club if we can get Sugar back such an important and influential role.

What happened to Lyon?

If only he had balls.

Uninformed comment from someone who isnt even a MFC member. Easy to pick holes from the outside. Harder to stand up with the group when the going is tough.

The only thing this poster does well is demonstrate he doesn't care about the footy club. Apparently there is no 'i' in team but this poster brings a whole new meaning to that...

Good Bloke Sugar....and for any of our younger posters, Greg played in a very tough era.

Not the biggest bloke, BUT he never shirked an issue....Took a bone crunching mark in the 1990 Elimination final. To this day i don't know how he didn't get taken off on a stretcher.

Sugar Healy stood up against players much bigger than he.

He was a very good Captain.

WYL, you may be able to confirm this, but was he the first and only Captain to ever get dropped due to form? Late 80's/early 90's IIRC.

Good Bloke Sugar....and for any of our younger posters, Greg played in a very tough era.

Not the biggest bloke, BUT he never shirked an issue....Took a bone crunching mark in the 1990 Elimination final. To this day i don't know how he didn't get taken off on a stretcher.

Sugar Healy stood up against players much bigger than he.

He was a very good Captain.

Indeed! If my ailing memory serves my right, seem to recall he was our youngest ever Captain. Took over when big brother Gerard defected to the Swans, didn't he?

Fond memories!

Really, I heard Pat Cash was coming over from Hawthorn to teach ball skills. And Todds asked Boris Becker to serve the sponsors.

:blink: now you're talking!!

Wow, with the Ox, Todd and now Pat behind us.....it's gonna be a headband fest down there. I better stock up for next year!!

Uninformed comment from someone who isnt even a MFC member. Easy to pick holes from the outside. Harder to stand up with the group when the going is tough.

The only thing this poster does well is demonstrate he doesn't care about the footy club. Apparently there is no 'i' in team but this poster brings a whole new meaning to that...

Firstly, I am a member.

Secondly, if Lyon had balls, he would take on the challenge. He has enough money, and he says he cares about the MFC. What's the issue? Maybe courage?

As for you, you are apart of [censored]-weak metro-sexual crew. The crew that accepted beltings and blindly followed, while shouting down everyone that had concerns with the coaching department. Now you can eat your words. Your comments mean nothing to me.

Sorry, I played hard, and I expect that from my team.

Sheep leading the sheep.

Firstly, I am a member.

Secondly, if Lyon had balls, he would take on the challenge. He has enough money, and he says he cares about the MFC. What's the issue? Maybe courage?

As for you, you are apart of [censored]-weak metro-sexual crew. The crew that accepted beltings and blindly followed, while shouting down everyone that had concerns with the coaching department. Now you can eat your words. Your comments mean nothing to me.

Sorry, I played hard, and I expect that from my team.

Sheep leading the sheep.

Do you have balls mate?

He does not have to work again. Money is not an issue, he will always have a career in the media.

He now has the opportunity to grab the bull by the horns. The club needs him for a couple of years. He should give something back to the club and football community that gave him his fame and fortune. Not just a 3 month stint because of his mate.

That's why I think he lacks a little courage.

I would be going for it. Balls and all.

Can you fill us in on what you are doing? More than Garry?

I was never blessed with enough money or power to focus on my footy club. It would be fantastic to be club president.

The first thing I would do is talk to Leigh Mathews. See if he is interested.

Edited by tonatopia

He does not have to work again. Money is not an issue, he will always have a career in the media.

He now has the opportunity to grab the bull by the horns. The club needs him for a couple of years. He should give something back to the club and football community that gave him his fame and fortune. Not just a 3 month stint because of his mate.

That's why I think he lacks a little courage.

I would be going for it. Balls and all.

I don't see how it has anything to do with courage. He doesn't want to do it long term cos he doesn't enjoy a lot of it. He enjoys what he does now. Nobody has any right to expect him to do anything. It's his life. He built his fame on hard work and been skillful at his job. Why would he commit long term to something he doesn't want to do?

:blink: now you're talking!!

Wow, with the Ox, Todd and now Pat behind us.....it's gonna be a headband fest down there. I better stock up for next year!!

HaHa, the Headbands, LoL, I hadn't thought of that, & maybe we could call Spock?

Edited by dee-luded

Ok as long as they bring in a cyclops machine to rule this post out of play!

I have no real issue with appointing Greg Healy football director

however my only concern is with the appointment of another

'Melbourne man'. Again I'm sure Greg is more than competent

of filling such a role but what football success has he enjoyed

through his career? Surely whilst we are assessing the

inadequacies of the club through G.Lyons appointment, an

outside perspective from a suitably credentialled individual would

be the wiser choice. Why are we not trying to poach or appoint

someone who has been around some recent success and knows

how to achieve it and where we are currently going wrong? With

no offense to Chris Connoly, he is a prime example of where we

currently may be going wrong. Chris never tasted the ultimate

success as a player with Melbourne nor as a coach with Freo.

If we are to break the near 50 year drought of premiership glory

then perhaps we need to employ some outside knowledge of

someone who knows the direction to take.

I have no real issue with appointing Greg Healy football director

however my only concern is with the appointment of another

'Melbourne man'. Again I'm sure Greg is more than competent

of filling such a role but what football success has he enjoyed

through his career? Surely whilst we are assessing the

inadequacies of the club through G.Lyons appointment, an

outside perspective from a suitably credentialled individual would

be the wiser choice. Why are we not trying to poach or appoint

someone who has been around some recent success and knows

how to achieve it and where we are currently going wrong? With

no offense to Chris Connoly, he is a prime example of where we

currently may be going wrong. Chris never tasted the ultimate

success as a player with Melbourne nor as a coach with Freo.

If we are to break the near 50 year drought of premiership glory

then perhaps we need to employ some outside knowledge of

someone who knows the direction to take.

No matter what, with all the recent talk & fractions, It's seems time to make some changes after a successful list rebuild.

Now we have to ensure we get the best we can, to not only develop the talent, but also, of-field, we need to get things properly sorted, to start lifting this club back up the ladder and back to Self Reliance.