Apparently MFC Stand for Nothing

Demon SeaMan

If ever i've been angry about the Media portraying that MFC stand for nothing its right now.

Every MFC supporter I know is passionate, distinctive and LOVE there football and I've met a few in my time.

So what are the press referring too? Is it a discontentment within the club and has we as supporters been taken for a ride for all these years?

I ask the question why do we put up with this crap that smells like hypo-innuendo from a couple of Standard up Philosophers like Patrick (F'n)

Smith.

Great job Patrick, when was this guy an historian and when has he been at an MFC function, board, coaches box or changeroom to experience the Passion (even though sure he'd like too be in the latter)

I'm sick of this over exaggerated response by the media that now turns its back on a Club to say they are totally disfunctional and insinuating that its been from 1964 till now. Bull [censored]!

If its outlandish for me to say this is the Line in the sand for our club and the impetus for our club to make finals next yr and win a flag within 5 yrs then I dont give a stuff, this list just needs Muscle, it certainly has the talent.

Whilst gutted, angry and bemused by what is going on, lets play the year out with Passion & Pride regardless of the coach, players or supporters that take the ground and lets show these pricks what we are made of.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever i've been angry about the Media portraying that MFC stand for nothing its right now.

Every MFC supporter I know is passionate, distinctive and LOVE there football and I've met a few in my time.

So what are the press referring too? Is it a discontentment within the club and has we as supporters been taken for a ride for all these years?

I ask the question why do we put up with this crap that smells like hypo-innuendo from a couple of Standard up Philosophers like Patrick (F'n)

Smith.

Great job Patrick, when was this guy an historian and when has he been at an MFC function, board, coaches box or changeroom to experience the Passion (even though sure he'd like too be in the latter)

I'm sick of this over exaggerated response by the media that now turns its back on a Club to say they are totally disfunctional and insinuating that its been from 1964 till now. Bull [censored]!

If its outlandish for me to say this is the Line in the sand for our club and the impetus for our club to make finals next yr and win a flag within 5 yrs then I dont give a stuff, this list just needs Muscle, it certainly has the talent.

Whilst gutted, angry and bemused by what is going on, lets play the year out with Passion & Pride regardless of the coach, players or supporters that take the ground and lets show these pricks what we are made of.

I know it's easy for the media to kick a side when they're down, but ask yourself, if we stand for something, what is it?

What do MFC stand for? What do the Tigers stand for? what does Collingwood stand for? loaded questions that are hard to answer.

Why do men have nipples? :blink:

Fair questions.... all of them!!!

Tigers would stand for tribalism, Collingwood for working class masses.

Right now the MFC stands for soft and insipid. The team has never before looked more like a bunch of skinny kids running around without a clue. Until we get some bigger bodies, experience and real leadership injected into this group, this will remain more or less unchanged.

At least a couple more years of pain ahead is my gut feeling.

Not as though we're not used to it.

I think there are a few young men at the Melbourne Football Club that have that desire and determination to change the current culture at the club. They give a [censored] about what is happening at the club and want to do something about it.

Jack Trengove

James Frawley

Luke Tapscott

Jack Grimes

Jeremy Howe

Ricky Petterd

Jordie McKenzie

I think they will stand and lead through these dark times, and be the reason for the resurgence.

Who would complain with a leadership group of:

Captain: Jack Trengove

Vice 1: Jack Grimes

Vice 2: Brent Moloney

Deputy Vice 1: James Frawley

Deputy Vice 2: Jordie McKenzie

And Nipples are fun when it cold. Look we buy mumberships and write silly things on these web sites. but we do it because we LOVE our club. And im sure the people in the club feel the same way, they just don't do it as a group. Question?? has the club actually sacked Dean yet. we all know he has gone but has the club said anything.

im only thinking from this yrs performances what we stand for and to be honest highlights are hard to come by- yet we are on 7 wins with 5 weeks to go- bizarre isnt it

reflecting on

- Maloney's awesome yr (except for off field indiscretions and Saturday) hes been equal 4th in brownlow betting

- Petterds mark

- Trengoves sling tackle (typifying hardness)

- Win against Bombers (after being slagged all week)

- Improvements or serious finds in Watts, Garland, Nicholson, Howey, McKenzie, Tapscott, Gysberts, Bail,

- massive improvement in S Martin (better for it this yr)

looking now at the last 20-30 yrs I'll let you reflect about that but if we dont stand for

Pride, Passion, Brilliance and Spark with some of the most sensational plays of the yr we are in every facet of the talking footy public voice whether we like it or not. Other supporters do hate us and some admire us (& the prodigious talent we have fielded in adversity over the yrs) I think to be hated and to stand up and continue to go every week shows our Pride & Passion. Im not 80 years old and remember the hey days or the glory days of the 60's, but I love it, love the club, never hated them, concerned about them but not turning my back on them. Indivduals cannot void this club only we can!! Stick Thick compadres

Guest hangon007

Right now the MFC stands for soft and insipid. The team has never before looked more like a bunch of skinny kids running around without a clue. Until we get some bigger bodies, experience and real leadership injected into this group, this will remain more or less unchanged.

At least a couple more years of pain ahead is my gut feeling.

Not as though we're not used to it.

Right now the MFC stands for aloof, arrogant, lazy living in a different era. Tied to a history that means nothing to the AFL football public as a whole.

Fair questions.... all of them!!!

Tigers would stand for tribalism, Collingwood for working class masses.

If those answers are enough? Then the MFC stand for the game, the MCC, the beginning of aussie rules, the oldest club in the world...These are dark times, but 12 premierships didn't come from nothing...

Just went and paid next years membership on the back of Pat Smith.

Thanks mate I just needed a stupid jab from someone like you to realise the only way is up for us.

Had a dose of the "Oh no- poor me stuff for a couple of days" been suddenly realised that we have been going nowhere, living on unfulfilled promises and that finally, after yet another brutal monstering, JS has grasped the nettle and acted. Typically he hasn't dodged the issue or sat on his hands. The first under performer has been relieved of his post. Unfortunate but necessary corrective action.

How does the old song go " Pick yourself up dust yourself off and start all over again", well I don't think we have to start all over again ( far from it) but the joint obviously needed a shake up and its got some with maybe a bit more to come.

In house bitching can become a cancer and has to be cut out.

Unlike Pat Smith I believe the MFC stands for plenty, but if we dont get the required results, just as it happens in any business, I feel sure others may also be asked to practice excellence elsewhere.

Every now and then you have to put the train back on the rails.

Patrick Smith is right. We are spineless.

The truth hurts. Hopefully this sequence of events is the impetus for sweeping change that we need.

I'm not a fan of Patrick Smith at all - in fact I think he's a first class [censored] - however our inability to withstand any pressure situations this year bring into question the character of the group, and the approach of coaching panel. It is completely unacceptable to average the highest losing margin in the comp. yet put your hand up as improvers or even more laughable, finals contenders. It gives the likes of PS a free hit every time. :mad:

Another part of this whole saga is that we are now odds on to beat Carlton at the 'G' this Saturday.

Every time we ever show some F*@kin passion and heart, it's after an insipid performance. It's been the same

[censored] every season and I am sick to death of it.

Why does it take losses like these and sacking's of coaches for our senior players to start playing football.

Jesus christ.

Patrick says we are rotten from top to bottom. Crap. We have paid our way out of debt; we have record membership, and much better facilities and assets than 2-4 years ago.

What we do need is a clear definition of roles between the 3 different components of a football club - admin, management, and the footy department. We need experienced operators in the CEO and coaching role to come in and show us the way.

The board has indicated they want an experienced coach. With the exception of Barassi, since 1968 we have consistently picked 1st time coaches without success.

If we are looking for a grand final winning coach who has the motivation and capacity to take over the Dees, then there's not many out there. And they aren't available. Matthews doesn't have the desire; same with Thompson; Williams is the de-facto coach of GWS; Malthouse is tied up by a contract with Eddie and Paul Roos wont leave Sydney for a couple of years.

So that leaves experienced coaches that don't have a premiership to their name such as Eade and Laidley, and there's no guarantee we can outbid Adelaide for their services.

There is one person I'd love to see at Melbourne - Geelongs' Brian Cook as CEO. He is the best in the business. Get him, and we'll attract a top coach.

Patrick says we are rotten from top to bottom. Crap. We have paid our way out of debt; we have record membership, and much better facilities and assets than 2-4 years ago.

What we do need is a clear definition of roles between the 3 different components of a football club - admin, management, and the footy department. We need experienced operators in the CEO and coaching role to come in and show us the way.

The board has indicated they want an experienced coach. With the exception of Barassi, since 1968 we have consistently picked 1st time coaches without success.

If we are looking for a grand final winning coach who has the motivation and capacity to take over the Dees, then there's not many out there. And they aren't available. Matthews doesn't have the desire; same with Thompson; Williams is the de-facto coach of GWS; Malthouse is tied up by a contract with Eddie and Paul Roos wont leave Sydney for a couple of years.

So that leaves experienced coaches that don't have a premiership to their name such as Eade and Laidley, and there's no guarantee we can outbid Adelaide for their services.

There is one person I'd love to see at Melbourne - Geelongs' Brian Cook as CEO. He is the best in the business. Get him, and we'll attract a top coach.

Clarkson.

Jim and Garry should sit down with him and tell him we won't take no for an answer. Give him everything he needs and carte blanche to bring in everyone he wants.

Edited by Range Rover

"Club chief executive Cameron Schwab has repeatedly denied there are frayed relationships within the football department and without. But Garry Lyon, perhaps the most important figure in the Melbourne football community, has declared publicly that he will intervene this week, which only supports the theory that nothing much happens at the club without Lyon initialling the bottom line. Lyon's declaration, made on Melbourne radio is impeccable evidence that the club is internally dysfunctional. And that the club has not been able to quarantine the playing group from whatever festers within the administration."

Can someone explain to me his logic in this para?

I'm the first to admit Garry needs to put up or shut up when it comes to assisting the club in its direction, rather than taking potshots from the outer. But how does him saying he will intervene become impeccable evidence that the club is dysfunctional?

Who is offering those odds? There's no way known we're going to beat Carlton this week.

If they (players) arent mentally drained after this week debacle then they've proven me wrong... as kids relying too much on mum, dad, managers, a so called footy department, and everything in between.

Strip it right back and lets get this talented list back on track. Rid Scully (possibly Davey) if we have too and go get an experienced (25-27yo) mid fielder (wanting to come back to Melbourne), bigger bodied full forward (Buddy Selfish) or something and some speed.... when Xmas again?

We are passionate. We have to dominate the airwaves as SUPPORTERS. Yes support the team and the Club. Support them and get behind them. Have confidence that they will get it right. Become like Richmond and Collingwood supporters (slightly more refined though) and dominate the talkback. Yes we are embarrassed and shattered but by no means do we not support the Club and Jimmy and Don in what they are doing. Our Board are acknowledged as one of the best so have confidence but tell the world we have confidence otherwise idiot media hacks will have a field day about how we will all be off to the snow now. Tell them that you havae gone out and bought your membership as a show of support. (I've just sent off my premier membership as well). Supporting them also means turning up on the weekend. Support the team. Support Brad Green. No one saw how hard it was going to be for Green to cope with the captaincy. We all agreed that he was the best for the job. He has tried to get help from Gary and David Neitz. FFS how would some of us cope on the field. I mean he hasn't got much help from Rivers who should have been carrying a heavier load knowing that Brad was struggling. The media are salivating for blood. At last something they can get their teeth into and they will shred the Club apart. They will not hold back. It is time for the supporters to stand firm. No talk about microwaving memberships etc. Supporting the Club is not accepting mediocrity. Supporting the Club is accepting of a certain culture. The Board, Don and Jimmy have shown that they will not accept whatever has been going on by making the hard decisions. Imagine "sacking" or not renewing the contract of a good friend!

We buy our memberships because we are in for the ride. It is and will be bumpy for a while but if we dont support our Club we will be easy fodder for not just the media but for Vlad and the Vladettes.

So lets stand up and be counted on the weekend. When those boys run out on to the ground to play bruise free football against those cheats lets remember that we are probably playing one of the most important games of the last three or four years.

Clarkson.

Jim and Garry should sit down with him and tell him we won't take no for an answer. Give him everything he needs and carte blanche to bring in everyone he wants.

Mmmmm. Be a good move if we could get him. Absolutely, however I have heard he has a handshake agreement with the Hawks and is going nowhere. But you are right. Let's find out while he is out of contract.

In the interim we have to pick temporary coach. We do have an experienced AFL coach in Connolly but his own position seems in doubt at the moment.

I think the CEO job is as important for us as the coach. Imagine if we said to Clarkson or Williams or Eade 'come to us and work with Brian Cook'. They would jump at the chance.

I heard Patrick Smith say that Melbourne are a blob and don't stand for anything. Melbourne for me stands for:

· The origins of the game

· An unparalleled history

· A team that cares for the community (have always been at the lead of supporting causes such as Field of Women, Choir of Hard Knocks)

· The team that built the MCG - the heart of Melbourne the city (the MCG is the stadium it is today because the Melbourne Football Club drew massive crowds from the 20s through to the 60s)

· A team that brings out such passion that a seriously ill ex-player would continue to work tirelessly for its success.

· A team who can grow its membership at a time when they are languishing at the bottom of the ladder

Patrick gave an example of another team - North Melbourne who stand for the shinboner spirit - Well without having ago at the undoubtedly passionate Roo's supporters, if all they stand for is the "spirit" of a leg bone, they don't really stand for much.

I am sure others could add to my list above.

EDIT: Spellling

Edited by Flying Cloud

Guest hangon007

I heard Patrick Smith say that Melbourne are a blob and don't stand for anything. Melbourne for me stands for:

· The origins of the game

· An unparalleled history

· A team that cares for the community (have always been at the lead of supporting causes such as Field of Women, Choir of Hard Knocks)

· The team that built the MCG - the heart of Melbourne the city (the MCG is the stadium it is today because the Melbourne Football Club drew massive crowds from the 20s through to the 60s)

· A team that brings out such passion that a seriously ill ex-player would continue to work tirelessly for its success.

· A team who can grow its membership at a time when they are languishing at the bottom of the ladder

Patrick gave an example of another team - North Melbourne who stand for the shinboner spirit - Well without having ago at the undoubtedly passionate Roo's supporters, if all they stand for is the "spirit" of a leg bone, they don't really start for much.

I am sure others could add to my list above.

You are seriously living in a different era. Its 2011 man its AFL football not VFL. Wake up to yourself. If you and other continue with this stuff we will never move forward.

You are seriously living in a different era. Its 2011 man its AFL football not VFL. Wake up to yourself. If you and other continue with this stuff we will never move forward.

So what do you believe Melbourne stand for? Or do you just add to the chorus of ney sayers.

Edited by Flying Cloud