Apparently MFC Stand for Nothing

Demon SeaMan

Guest hangon007

So what do you believe Melbourne stand for? Or do you just add to the chorus of ney sayers.

Sadly you are a conservative, largely negative arrogant aloof bunch.

However, this does stop many putting up disrespectful (to our player & other elements of our club) loquacious crap. We have lost a generation that gives us balance.

I'm not negative quite the opposite I am very hopeful the events of the last 10 days wakes us up and is the start of us moving forward.

Sadly what we stand for I not proud to be part of. However, I'm hopeful we can change.

Actions always speak louder than words, this weekend is OUR test off the field. But I'm not sure the penny will drop for many MFC supporters, no they will give us more excuses.

Edited by hangon007

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly you are a conservative, largely negative arrogant aloof bunch.

However, this does stop many putting up disrespectful (to our player & other elements of our club) loquacious crap. We have lost a generation that gives us balance.

I'm not negative quite the opposite I am very hopeful the events of the last 10 days wakes us up and is the start of us moving forward.

Sadly what we stand for I not proud to be part of. However, I'm hopeful we can change.

Actions always speak louder than words, this weekend is OUR test off the field. But I'm not sure the penny will drop for many MFC supporters, no they will give us more excuses.

Based on the number of posts I would have to say that the "bunch" responding to this thread aren't quite as loquacious as yourself.

However, like you I hope these events help us move forward to better and greater things.

Guest hangon007

Based on the number of posts I would have to say that the "bunch" responding to this thread aren't quite as loquacious as yourself.

However, like you I hope these events help us move forward to better and greater things.

I'm a minnow in this fish pond. However, I walk a constant path, my message is just poorly understood. Old habits die hard.

Well said Flying Cloud.

I was disgusted by Smith's comments.

What an absolutely ignorant, spiteful and gutless piece of work that guy is.

Easy to kick someone when they're down and not looking.

I didn't hear the end of it but I hope someone called up and pointed out what the MFC is about and what the MFC stands for.

If anything, the amount of coverage in the media about what has happened over the last few days shows how RELEVANT we are. If something is irrelevant, you don't talk about it.

Well said Flying Cloud.

I didn't hear the end of it but I hope someone called up and pointed out what the MFC is about and what the MFC stands for.

If anything, the amount of coverage in the media about what has happened over the last few days shows how RELEVANT we are. If something is irrelevant, you don't talk about it.

Mate, smith is the biggest [censored] I have ever heard. He copped an absolute serve from one demons supporter, which I loved. He is a smirky and arrogrant imbecile. It is just a stupid commment, what does any club stand for? We probably have more claims than most eg: oldest club, multiple premierships etc.

Guest hangon007

Mate, smith is the biggest [censored] I have ever heard. He copped an absolute serve from one demons supporter, which I loved. He is a smirky and arrogrant imbecile. It is just a stupid commment, what does any club stand for? We probably have more claims than most eg: oldest club, multiple premierships etc.

You are living in the past we haven't won a flag for 45 years. We have never won a flag in the AFL.

Our history means jack-[censored] to anyone apart from us. Yes, its important to us ... but thats where it stops.

Stop living in the past its 2011 man ... not 1960. Move on. If we dont we will never stand for anything in the future.

We need to reinvent ourselves to become relevant to the our kids & a new era of kids in 2011. We have an opportunity ... NOW .. dont let your conservatism hold you back.

PS We will always respect our history but not try to live off it.

Guest hangon007

Well said Flying Cloud.

With all due respect it was honesty from an outsider ... sadly honesty that we dont want to hear, but never the less honesty.

He is not kicking us, he put an unemotional clear point forward. Emotion clouds your judgement. This is not the time for clouded judgement.

Lets show our passion at the games by turning up in droves and saying what we stand for ... THE NEW MFC.

If we dont, hope you like living in Queensland or Tasmania.

Edited by hangon007

Guest Gotzy15

We are passionate. We have to dominate the airwaves as SUPPORTERS. Yes support the team and the Club. Support them and get behind them. Have confidence that they will get it right. Become like Richmond and Collingwood supporters (slightly more refined though) and dominate the talkback. Yes we are embarrassed and shattered but by no means do we not support the Club and Jimmy and Don in what they are doing. Our Board are acknowledged as one of the best so have confidence but tell the world we have confidence otherwise idiot media hacks will have a field day about how we will all be off to the snow now. Tell them that you havae gone out and bought your membership as a show of support. (I've just sent off my premier membership as well). Supporting them also means turning up on the weekend. Support the team. Support Brad Green. No one saw how hard it was going to be for Green to cope with the captaincy. We all agreed that he was the best for the job. He has tried to get help from Gary and David Neitz. FFS how would some of us cope on the field. I mean he hasn't got much help from Rivers who should have been carrying a heavier load knowing that Brad was struggling. The media are salivating for blood. At last something they can get their teeth into and they will shred the Club apart. They will not hold back. It is time for the supporters to stand firm. No talk about microwaving memberships etc. Supporting the Club is not accepting mediocrity. Supporting the Club is accepting of a certain culture. The Board, Don and Jimmy have shown that they will not accept whatever has been going on by making the hard decisions. Imagine "sacking" or not renewing the contract of a good friend!

We buy our memberships because we are in for the ride. It is and will be bumpy for a while but if we dont support our Club we will be easy fodder for not just the media but for Vlad and the Vladettes.

So lets stand up and be counted on the weekend. When those boys run out on to the ground to play bruise free football against those cheats lets remember that we are probably playing one of the most important games of the last three or four years.

One of the best posts ive ever seen on here! We should get 70 thousand on saturday.

+1 lets go stick it up them. Go Dees.

+2 lets go stick it up them. Go Dees.

I don't care whether we win lose or draw I just want to see the boys care. I think they will so let's get behind them and stick it right up Carlton.

Patrick Smith on SEN this morning said that MFC doesn't stand for anything, referring to us a Blob, Bland and Insipid!

Personally I think he is a dcikhead, and generally turn off when he is on but was forced to listen as I was waiting for news on the more important issues surrounding our great club.

In you eyes as Melbourne supporters what do we stand for?

If those answers are enough? Then the MFC stand for the game, the MCC, the beginning of aussie rules, the oldest club in the world...These are dark times, but 12 premierships didn't come from nothing...

F/ing beautifully said!

Hangon: Honesty? So what.

Smith's comments are gratuitous and a cheap shot at the MFC.

So what if the MFC is not relevant to him. Classical music is not relevant to me, does that mean I believe that it has no relevance to the community?

There are 37,000 members who the MFC is more than relevant to, plus thousands of other supporters.

I don't buy these ignorant comments that only surface when a club is struggling. If we weren't relevant no one would care about our performances this year. The fact that it has been so heavily scrutinised by the footy public shows the relevance of the MFC to the footy public.

You agree with him that we don't stand for anything at the moment. Yet you have clocked up over 1,000 posts on these boards. Surprising that something that you don't think stands for something can command so much of your time.

Clarkson.

Jim and Garry should sit down with him and tell him we won't take no for an answer. Give him everything he needs and carte blanche to bring in everyone he wants.

Total agreeance, he would be my no.1 preference.

Guest hangon007

Hangon: Honesty? So what.

Smith's comments are gratuitous and a cheap shot at the MFC.

So what if the MFC is not relevant to him. Classical music is not relevant to me, does that mean I believe that it has no relevance to the community?

There are 37,000 members who the MFC is more than relevant to, plus thousands of other supporters.

I don't buy these ignorant comments that only surface when a club is struggling. If we weren't relevant no one would care about our performances this year. The fact that it has been so heavily scrutinised by the footy public shows the relevance of the MFC to the footy public.

You agree with him that we don't stand for anything at the moment. Yet you have clocked up over 1,000 posts on these boards. Surprising that something that you don't think stands for something can command so much of your time.

I dont see how we are even relevant to many of our own ... why? Actions always speak louder than words.

Heavily scrutinised ... nope we are one team in many that has a "story" to tell that sells newspapers. Dont fool yourself we are a pimple on the backside of the AFL.

The only way we will have any real relevance is when we start filling stadiums and start winning premierships in that order.

Sorry, my comment have nothing to do with the last few years, we have suffered these problems for many years. My time is more reflective of my desire to move forward & not make the same mistakes year in year out. My time is reflective of my belief we have an opportunity to move forward at last ... now lets see if we take that opportunity.

If anyone has to question them selves or other supporters about what the club stand for you can fark off right now. This is a [censored] time but if your worth your salt you stand up cop the crap and keep supporting. It wont allways be like this . Poor old Jimmy is fighting for his life and has to front up and deal with all this. We stand for plenty and if you cant see it or have to ask then [censored] off....

Edited by east gippsland demon

I heard Patrick Smith say this morning that the MFC were a "blob" Club that stood for nothing, and were dysfunctional.

i shall pay my 2012 membership next week...MFC are family to me.

We will rise, but we must be honest with ourselves.

[censored] Patrick, he now supports Richmond.....spineless Git

Patrick Smith on SEN this morning said that MFC doesn't stand for anything, referring to us a Blob, Bland and Insipid!

Personally I think he is a dcikhead, and generally turn off when he is on but was forced to listen as I was waiting for news on the more important issues surrounding our great club.

In you eyes as Melbourne supporters what do we stand for?

Mate I agree with 90% of what he said.

What do we stand for?

I am not sure.

He also said we are a club of nice guys who don't stand up and fight.

I have been saying this for some time.

some one on here suggested we should send back our scarfs in protest and was howled down.

Mine was posted today.

Screw the press .

Even Caroline Wilson got it wrong about Schwab and CC .

The players clearly weren't playing for Bailey .

We've made the change we need . It's up to the core now to turn it around .

The rest can jump ship if they want .

We'll be back .

Mate I agree with 90% of what he said.

What do we stand for?

I am not sure.

He also said we are a club of nice guys who don't stand up and fight.

I have been saying this for some time.

some one on here suggested we should send back our scarfs in protest and was howled down.

Mine was posted today.

Each year i give my new MFC scarf away to a young demon-of-the-future. As for my old one, it was knitted by my late demon-loving mother and would under no circumstances be parted with. If MFC ceased to be I would simply walk away from afl. until that time i will renew my premium membership. The club needs all the support it can get at the moment and we should back them to the hilt. I wish Todd Viney every success, he will add some desperately needed mongrel.

Each year i give my new MFC scarf away to a young demon-of-the-future. As for my old one, it was knitted by my late demon-loving mother and would under no circumstances be parted with. If MFC ceased to be I would simply walk away from afl. until that time i will renew my premium membership. The club needs all the support it can get at the moment and we should back them to the hilt. I wish Todd Viney every success, he will add some desperately needed mongrel.

I am not suggesting we walk away but we need to make our feelings known.

Fire up guys is what I am saying, members of Essendon and Carlton demand success

and guess what they get it.

We are way to nice, it is reflected in the players.

The club starts from us up in IMO.

Sometimes journo's forget that AFL is just a sport, not the single most important thing on earth. So we got decimated by ~30 goals, doesnt mean we do or dont stand for anything....

What does any AFL club really stand for?

Guest hangon007

If anyone has to question them selves or other supporters about what the club stand for you can fark off right now. This is a [censored] time but if your worth your salt you stand up cop the crap and keep supporting. It wont allways be like this . Poor old Jimmy is fighting for his life and has to front up and deal with all this. We stand for plenty and if you cant see it or have to ask then [censored] off....

What do we stand for then?

With all due respect Jimmy is fighting for his life but he is also fighting hard to change us.