Tom Scully

Sleeping fine mate, just dont like the manner in which this is playing out, regardless of the decision at the end, plenty of supporters will be left with a sour taste in their mouths.

You're right - I'm just disappointed that we haven't sighted all the 'qualities' of this 'fine' young man. It's still just footy and he's still just a footballer and everyone will move on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for the flimsiness is what is concerning me...comes down to either his management are trying to squeeze every last cent out of the MFC or that its smokes and mirrors because he is goneski.

You , possibly like my self feel a tear in the space-time continuim.. I think the MFC has worked out its boundaries and will observe them.. Its all smoke and mirrors. The whole fiasco of this mongrel birth of GWS and to a lesser extent GC has been founded on smoke and mirrors. The AFL has wanted particular outcomes and happily nudged and bullied its various agendas through. All and sundry are collateral damge in this desire.

And we will all just have to wait.

Im also in the camp that wishes to know just how dodgy Toms knee(s) are. Are we being blind to serious shortcomigs whilst in the glare of super-capabilites ( supposed )

I actually fervently hope he does stay but that its out of desire and on merit. All rewards to be comensurate with both.

Still ...its a bit hazey in the room still :unsure:

Edited by belzebub59

did anyone else see the heavily edited and yet "played in full" interview with gubby on TFS today?

what a joke of an interview that was - and brayshaw knew it when it came back to him. he was embarrassed.

wasnt privvy to it... can you expand :)

did anyone else see the heavily edited and yet "played in full" interview with gubby on TFS today?

what a joke of an interview that was - and brayshaw knew it when it came back to him. he was embarrassed.

yeah saw it, so much for the full interview, there was nothing in it that we didn't already see.

2015/16 he's dreaming.....Unless it's apart of the AFL concession!

Edited by tatu

wasnt privvy to it... can you expand :)

There was this unctuous smugness that was very punchable. He said that Silvagni was in charge of the list, Sheedy was the coach, but Choco Williams was 'on the ground' so to speak.

He also told all the footy clubs to 'get over it' (quote) and they'd talk to and sign up whoever they wanted.

The plan was to win a premiership by 2015/2016.

It appears to be close to an open secret now in the football world that Tom Scully has already agreed to join GWS. Aside from the very revealing public comments made by the Ox, Barrett and Stevens - assertions which have gone largely unchallenged by the Scully camp - there's been a lot of wink-wink nudge-nudge on TV and radio over the weekend among football commentators promoting this consensus that he's gone.

The tipping point no doubt has been the emergence of Tom's manager - Peter Blucher - and his bizarre revealing of the GWS offer despite the fact that we were told ad infinitum that contract talks would be held off until the end of the season. It was totally unnecessary for a player manager to feel the need to do that ... unless of course he had an ulterior agenda.

I don't know about other posters, but I feel we Melbourne supporters are being treated terribly cynically in this whole process. And yes, I believe we are being lied to.

Moreover ...

I believe GWS approached Scully's management late last year and made their client an offer too good to refuse.

I believe Tom signed on the dotted line and that this agreement is one of the three or four that has been lodged with the AFL (as stated by Barrett on Thursday's Footy Show).

I believe GWS insisted on total confidentiality but when rumours started to surface about him going in early March (rumours initiated by Eddie McGuire), I believe Velocity Sports advised Tom to hold that press conference denying everything in the hope of putting the matter to bed.

I believe Tom was coached in what to say at that press conference and yes, I believe he lied repeatedly to journalists questions.

I believe that at some point after that press conference, Tom had either pangs of conscience or a change of heart (or both) and informed senior MFC officials about what he had done.

I believe that everything you have seen in the media since then has been a charade and a puppet show (including Melbourne's so-called $600 grand a year counter offer) to promote two clear agendas ... protecting Scully's reputation and promoting Melbourne's case for adequate compensation.

The smoking gun of course is the signed contract at AFL House but we won't be informed about the existence of this until it is announced at what should be a very interesting press conference to announce Scully's defection to GWS at season's end.

If that's not what's happened here, I'll eat my hat.

How sure am I? 98% sure.

Edited by Range Rover

Guest 36DD

It appears to be close to an open secret now in the football world that Tom Scully has already agreed to join GWS. Aside from the very revealing public comments made by the Ox, Barrett and Stevens - assertions which have gone largely unchallenged by the Scully camp - there's been a lot of wink-wink nudge-nudge on TV and radio over the weekend among football commentators promoting this consensus that he's gone.

The tipping point no doubt has been the emergence of Tom's manager - Peter Blucher - and his bizarre revealing of the GWS offer despite the fact that we were told ad infinitum that contract talks would be held off until the end of the season. It was totally unnecessary for a player manager to feel the need to do that ... unless of course he had an ulterior agenda.

I don't know about other posters, but I feel we Melbourne supporters are being treated terribly cynically in this whole process. And yes, I believe we are being lied to.

Moreover ...

I believe GWS approached Scully's management late last year and made their client an offer too good to refuse.

I believe Tom signed on the dotted line and that this agreement is one of the three or four that has been lodged with the AFL (as stated by Barrett on Thursday's Footy Show).

I believe GWS insisted on total confidentiality but when rumours started to surface about him going in early March (rumours initiated by Eddie McGuire), I believe Velocity Sports advised Tom to hold that press conference denying everything in the hope of putting the matter to bed.

I believe Tom was coached in what to say at that press conference and yes, I believe he lied repeatedly to journalists questions.

I believe that at some point after that press conference, Tom had either pangs of conscience or a change of heart (or both) and informed senior MFC officials about what he had done.

I believe that everything you have seen in the media since then has been a charade and a puppet show (including Melbourne's so-called $600 grand a year counter offer) to promote two clear agendas ... protecting Scully's reputation and promoting Melbourne's case for adequate compensation.

The smoking gun of course is the signed contract at AFL House but we won't be informed about the existence of this until it is announced at what should be a very interesting press conference to announce Scully's defection to GWS at season's end.

How sure am I? 98% sure.

cue rpfc.....

time will be the great revealer, its going to possibly be up there with the Kennedy assassination.

just looking at what has transpired with News Limited a scandal not confined to the press but also involving politics and the police you cant help but become cynical.

As I said earlier in the year this farce has degenerated into a face saving exercise for both parties and the AFL. Even moderators here and long standing posters who perhaps know better have played along with the club line in propagating this charade. What for I don't know because not many reputations are going to come out of this smelling like roses. One question remains, I just wonder who blabbed?

Edited by america de cali

cue rpfc.....

time will be the great revealer, its going to possibly be up there with the Kennedy assassination.

just looking at what has transpired with News Limited a scandal not confined to the press but also involving politics and the police you cant help but become cynical.

Murdoch's been tapping Tom's mobile??? :blink:

As the Ox said to Mark Robinson on Twitter ...

TheOx05 David Schwarz @ @Robbo_heraldsun great movie perfectly scripted and Ed Harris is Gubby Allen.

I believe that Joe the Cameraman has been offered the job of chief Cinematographer.

Murdoch's been tapping Tom's mobile??? :blink:

woulndt mind that info ...lol

Moreover ...

How sure am I? 98% sure.

wait... you think scully is going to leave?

are you trying to say that for the past 6 months, you have been saying day in, and day out, and arguing for no apparent reason... that you still believe he is going? I'm glad you cleared that up. Now that we have a large transcript of all your thoughts and opinions hopefully, you never have to have another word about it... or the last word... or the unnecessary argument that you always seem to come up with.

Range Rover can i just say, i'm so glad that you finally got your opinion out there.

I actually wish i knew who you really were, because then i could avoid you in my day to day as well.

Now would you kindly never talk ever again? Because you are the most infuriating user on this site period.

Edited by Deelirium

Moreover ...

How sure am I? 98% sure.

You're drawing a rather long bow there. 98% sure based on what exactly? The rumblings of David Schwarz? Damien Barrett? Mark Stevens? I see nothing concrete in your post. Just more speculation.

If he does go then so be it. He's a gun player and future star but is he going to be any better than Jack Trengove? Dustin Martin? David Swallow? Marc Murphy? Pendlebury? Dale Thomas? Selwood? I'd even mount a case for Jordan Gysberts and Jordie McKenzie. Don't want to undersell Scully, because I love him as a player, but there are gun mids at the top end of every draft, and teams have been winning flags without Tom Scully for over a century. If he does leave we still should challenge for a flag with the list we have. No excuses.

By the way I still lean towards him staying but the offer is out there and who knows if he'll take the bait. Certainly nobody on here!

Edited by Sylvia Saint

woulndt mind that info ...lol

I would like for a serious journalist with genuine news sense (maybe Caroline Wilson, maybe it's even a general news reporter) to really put Blucher and Velocity under some heat with a close look at their changing story.

They've slid under the radar so far, but it's clear this would make for a very good yarn. Range Rover makes some very good points about Blucher's ability to plant stories and generate rumours. How he said contracts wouldn't be discussed until the end of the year, yet having received an offer from Melbourne, said he was obliged to ask GWS to put in a counter offer and that it now warrants serious consideration. This was despite the fact that we were told Tom, his management or his family hadn't had any contact from GWS. If that had been true, how then would Blucher know to contact GWS for a counter offer if there had been no contact in the first place? Gut feel perhaps? Rubbish!

There's more holes in the Velocity story than a piece of swiss cheese, yet somehow it hasn't been reported. It's time to turn up the heat on these sharks.

If there's one thing I can't cop, it's being lied to. Our club deserves better than this.

You're drawing a rather long bow there. 98% sure based on what exactly? The rumblings of David Schwarz? Damien Barrett? Mark Stevens? I see nothing concrete in your post. Just more speculation.

If he does go then so be it. He's a gun player and future star but is he going to be any better than Jack Trengove? Dustin Martin? David Swallow? Marc Murphy? Pendlebury? Dale Thomas? Selwood? I'd even mount a case for Jordan Gysberts and Jordie McKenzie. Don't want to undersell Scully, because I love him as a player, but there are gun mids at the top end of every draft, and teams have been winning flags without Tom Scully for over a century. If he does leave we still should challenge for a flag with the list we have. No excuses.

By the way I still lean towards him staying but the offer is out there and who knows if he'll take the bait. Certainly nobody on here!

I agree, but would add that as good/ great as he may become we dont want to risk losing plenty of other talented players. In similar words to beamer ... If you don't want to play for the MFC then fark off to GWS! As much as I rate Scully, the MFC is bigger than the individual and so if it happens then we will take our 2 first round picks and use then in the 2012 super draft!

I would like for a serious journalist with genuine news sense (maybe Caroline Wilson, maybe it's even a general news reporter) to really put Blucher and Velocity under some heat with a close look at their changing story.

They've slid under the radar so far, but it's clear this would make for a very good yarn. Range Rover makes some very good points about Blucher's ability to plant stories and generate rumours. How he said contracts wouldn't be discussed until the end of the year, yet having received an offer from Melbourne, said he was obliged to ask GWS to put in a counter offer and that it now warrants serious consideration. This was despite the fact that we were told Tom, his management or his family hadn't had any contact from GWS. If that had been true, how then would Blucher know to contact GWS for a counter offer if there had been no contact in the first place? Gut feel perhaps? Rubbish!

There's more holes in the Velocity story than a piece of swiss cheese, yet somehow it hasn't been reported. It's time to turn up the heat on these sharks.

If there's one thing I can't cop, it's being lied to. Our club deserves better than this.

Not to mention the obvious red herrings "waiting for the CBA" and "waiting to see who the coach is".

Probably for the want of............

missinglink.jpg

nothing categorical can be written.

Probably more than a handful are werry werry close !! ...but not enough...alas :(

For sure Velocity is getting away with murder al lbut in ability to run rampant. They must be p!ssing themselves.

Will we ever stop rebuilding?

Will we ever stop needing new talent?

If we can be the only club to actually gain real stars out of the next two drafts, with the exception of GWS/GC, we will put ourselves that far ahead of the pack it's not funny.

Of course I want Scully to stay, but it's good to know that there is some positive light at the end of this very long dim tunnel.