Malthouse's intended role at Collingwood

Guest Artie Bucco

Listen to him! How can two egos and personalities that big (Mick and Buckley) coexist together?

He's basically advertising himself to other clubs.

Mick's a coach and would rather die as a coach than be relegated to some token role.

This will be all over the papers tomorrow.

Edited by Range Rover

Foot Show now.

Malthouse not sounding that convincing at all that he'll be staying at the Pies. Not at all.

From a seriously good source today - Management discussions already underway with Carlton - hence the article last week about Malthouse not feeling to be a solid Magpie. This wasn't a cooincidence.

Ratten was never in the frame for 2012.

Guest hangon007

Listen to him! How can two egos and personalities that big (Mick and Buckley) coexist together?

He's basically advertising himself to other clubs.

Mick's a coach and would rather die as a coach than be relegated to some token role.

This will be all over the papers tomorrow.

Mate ... sorry but I stick by my previous comments. Just so hard to read ... cryptic as they come.

Its just so hard to be so definitive either way.

From a seriously good source today - Management discussions already underway with Carlton - hence the article last week about Malthouse not feeling to be a solid Magpie. This wasn't a cooincidence.

Ratten was never in the frame for 2012.

Thats interesting. I'm glad you put this in because my 'gut reaction to the 'interview' was thats he's left already.

Let me clarify, during the interview I was sort of confused as his words were confounded & somehow conflicting. I got the feeling I didn't believe a word he was saying. He was talking the Bulltish that politicians do when they're worried someone may cotton onto something they don't want to give away. He was tripping up on his own statements under the glare of the TV lights. totally unbelievable.

I got up and started cleaning up the dinner plates when I had a flash, "He's gone already". Why? what? Huh? He was trying to play some game and Sam was fishing I believe on Gary's behalf to try to find something.

This suggested to me that he's not singed with Melbourne!!!

So then who? Who needs a coach? Blues/ Hawks/ Crows - NO! / Lions - I don't think so?

Then I just thought It's Carlton! He's signed already and It's not Melbourne, or Gary wouldn't have acted like that. Gary & Sam where fishing for Marlin.... I reckon it's a done Deal... just like Judd was... 2 mates back together again with Greg Swann as well.

Just a thought.

When He's confirmed Gary can move on the Melbourne decision of who to place in the job. Gone Fishin' !

Mate ... sorry but I stick by my previous comments. Just so hard to read ... cryptic as they come.

Its just so hard to be so definitive either way.

You can't listen to the words when people do all that crap charades.

You have to stop accepting the crap and start listening to what they're trying to DO! rather than say... In a sense, their mental body language.... Whats the game their playing,,, & why??? Analyse that and you'll get a hell of a lot closer than they're smoke screens will show...

Malthouse will definatly not be at collingwood next year!

If he had already pen a deal with a club, then there would be no reason to advertise on T.V. he'd simply go about the year as normal, then change clubs next year.

My spin on this is, that Malthouse will take a year off coaching, then test the market late next year 2012..... ;)

Thats interesting. I'm glad you put this in because my 'gut reaction to the 'interview' was thats he's left already.

I got up and started cleaning up the dinner plates when I had a flash, "He's gone already". Why? what? Huh? He was trying to play some game and Sam was fishing I believe on Gary's behalf to try to find something.

This suggested to me that he's not singed with Melbourne!!!

Then I just thought It's Carlton! He's signed already and It's not Melbourne, or Gary wouldn't have acted like that. Gary & Sam where fishing for Marlin.... I reckon it's a done Deal... just like Judd was... 2 mates back together again with Greg Swann as well.

You got it in one Dee-luded.

Its a lock. The coach he 'feels' for as he said last night is Ratten.

The AFL are aware of this move also already.

Malthouse will definatly not be at collingwood next year!

If he had already pen a deal with a club, then there would be no reason to advertise on T.V. he'd simply go about the year as normal, then change clubs next year.

My spin on this is, that Malthouse will take a year off coaching, then test the market late next year 2012..... ;)

He wasn't advertising, he was just playing the game, advertising the clubs sponsors doing what a coach is expected to do. If he didn't front up more questions would come up.

And his Ego is needier than that.

Edited by dee-luded

You got it in one Dee-luded.

Its a lock. The coach he 'feels' for as he said last night is Ratten.

The AFL are aware of this move also already.

I still feel there's something, one piece missing, I think he's playing the 2 off against one another to maximise his payday. I get the feeling they've reached an agreement to join, but the dollars not finalised?

Guest Artie Bucco

To be honest, I respect Mick as a coach...

But I think he's just drawing this out and has no intention to leave.

I also think he's using the situation to destabilise other clubs with coaches under a cloud of uncertainty, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

I think the media is playing it out.

I'd love for him to be at Melbourne, but I don't think the club would ever sign him. It's Melbourne, after all.

I was amazed to see Malthouse on the TV last night....Very "un" Filth thing to do.

He will definately coach somewhere else again, where is a mystery??? You can tell that no club is making a move until they know the movements of Michael Malthouse.

Maybe he has signed with Carlton already, but i doubt that. Ratten was given a Top 4 ultimatum at the start of the year....so far he is still on track. Interesting that it's Carlscum V Filth tomorrow.

A Carlscum bad loss may put Ratten in more Sh!te than Dean Bailey.....My Feeling is that Malthouse will be at either Carlscum or Melbourne next year....Both Lists are ready to be coached strategically.

Both Ratten & Bailey have to coach their proverbial asses of now till seasons end. The least successful of the 2 will go IMO.

Fascinating interview last night...Eddiewood must be feeling uneasy....whatever happens will not be the way he planned it..demon_cool.gif

To be honest, I respect Mick as a coach...

But I think he's just drawing this out and has no intention to leave.

I also think he's using the situation to destabilise other clubs with coaches under a cloud of uncertainty, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Scully at MFC in 2012 > MM at Pies in 2012