• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

I can see a real future for Troy Davis. Big, strong, quick, tough, determined and reasonable disposal. I am sure he would get some ball in the forward line as well.

In Davis and McDonald we have a smokies, a couple of handy athletic defenders and good competitors.

In Davis and McDonald we have a smokies, a couple of handy athletic defenders and good competitors.

I like the look of Tynan as well so far, Sellar has been handy and Taggart and Lawrence are yet to appear. Fitzpatrick is starting to show a bit. Cook is building up and my boy Evans is out with a back injury. We really are getting some depth to our list.

• Like 1

To change the tone a bit, off to the footy this afternoon for a twilight game and hopefully see more improvement in our game.

Hi Redleg I have not seen your thoughts or have I missed them?

Did you see any improvement?

I was struggling it had all the earmarks of Geelong last July.

God what does that hold in 2012!

Hi Redleg I have not seen your thoughts or have I missed them?

Did you see any improvement?

I was struggling it had all the earmarks of Geelong last July.

God what does that hold in 2012!

This is a post I put on another thread in answer to Malthouse saying we are not that bad but that we need a good game plan.

"If you get down to the basics, that first line says a lot. If you leave aside Buddy and Rioli we probably have players as good as many of the Hawks. Why then do they thrash us? Because they play ultra disciplined football to a strong game plan. Every one knows the plan and knows what is needed. Is Bruce a superstar or Cheney? No but they were contributors and played well because they played to the game plan.

Do you have to be a champion to know to run and make position for the next kick when your team has the ball? Do you have to be a champion to know to make each possession of the other side a hard won contest?

Break down the game and see where we lost. They contested hard at the stoppages, which either gave them possession or caused us to fumble. Once they had possession they ran to create position and short kicks to a clear man enabled the set up for a goal. What did we do? When we got the ball we either fumbled from the pressure or just bombed it forward to Clark etc who was usually up against 2 or 3 Hawks. Why is that? Because their game plan dictates when they don't have the ball some drop back and others attack the ball carrier. All the while Birchall is left all on his own to sweep up.

The first thing I would do when playing them is man up Birchall. They are not unbeatable, but to beat them you must be disciplined and play to a strong plan.

Hopefully Neeld will instill such a plan and discipline in our side. Those not willing to adhere and give their all can play at Casey. "

What I was trying to get across is that except for a few players, we are not too different to Hawthorn. I don't believe that they are an 80 point better side than us, but that they play an 80 point better game than us.

There is a difference. I believe they are very well coached and that all players are totally disciplined to play to the game plan at all times. If I was out there and ran to position and we had the ball I would probably get a kick. I am 60 and hopeless. The point is they can deliver the ball to exactly where there man is. We have had trouble with this for years. There are two aspects to this, first a a strong game plan and disclplined work ethic and second, decent disposal.

I have harped on about our poor disposal for years and I recall hearing we would be drafting skilled players. I don't see the good disposal yet. Maybe it will come in time.How many times do we see a Demon make position and the ball is kicked at his ankles or over his head or 20 metres away from him. That sort of disposal will never allow you to be a good side.

The other aspect is the plan and players discipline. When we tackle hard and put pressure on we look better.Unfortunately we only do it for periods in a game. That is not good enough. Did the Hawks let up on us. No and it was only a bloody NAB cup game.

I hope that when we come to grips with Neeld's plan and work out who is prepared to play to it and give their all to it we will see better results.

• Like 3

This is a post I put on another thread in answer to Malthouse saying we are not that bad but that we need a good game plan.

"If you get down to the basics, that first line says a lot. If you leave aside Buddy and Rioli we probably have players as good as many of the Hawks. Why then do they thrash us? Because they play ultra disciplined football to a strong game plan. Every one knows the plan and knows what is needed. Is Bruce a superstar or Cheney? No but they were contributors and played well because they played to the game plan.

Do you have to be a champion to know to run and make position for the next kick when your team has the ball? Do you have to be a champion to know to make each possession of the other side a hard won contest?

Break down the game and see where we lost. They contested hard at the stoppages, which either gave them possession or caused us to fumble. Once they had possession they ran to create position and short kicks to a clear man enabled the set up for a goal. What did we do? When we got the ball we either fumbled from the pressure or just bombed it forward to Clark etc who was usually up against 2 or 3 Hawks. Why is that? Because their game plan dictates when they don't have the ball some drop back and others attack the ball carrier. All the while Birchall is left all on his own to sweep up.

The first thing I would do when playing them is man up Birchall. They are not unbeatable, but to beat them you must be disciplined and play to a strong plan.

Hopefully Neeld will instill such a plan and discipline in our side. Those not willing to adhere and give their all can play at Casey. "

What I was trying to get across is that except for a few players, we are not too different to Hawthorn. I don't believe that they are an 80 point better side than us, but that they play an 80 point better game than us.

There is a difference. I believe they are very well coached and that all players are totally disciplined to play to the game plan at all times. If I was out there and ran to position and we had the ball I would probably get a kick. I am 60 and hopeless. The point is they can deliver the ball to exactly where there man is. We have had trouble with this for years. There are two aspects to this, first a a strong game plan and disclplined work ethic and second, decent disposal.

I have harped on about our poor disposal for years and I recall hearing we would be drafting skilled players. I don't see the good disposal yet. Maybe it will come in time.How many times do we see a Demon make position and the ball is kicked at his ankles or over his head or 20 metres away from him. That sort of disposal will never allow you to be a good side.

The other aspect is the plan and players discipline. When we tackle hard and put pressure on we look better.Unfortunately we only do it for periods in a game. That is not good enough. Did the Hawks let up on us. No and it was only a bloody NAB cup game.

I hope that when we come to grips with Neeld's plan and work out who is prepared to play to it and give their all to it we will see better results.

Kicking skill or the lack of it kept Richmond down for 20 years.

How many games did they kick it to Richardson's feet or over his head or the left when he led right.

Thanks for the reply Redleg I did read it on the other thread.

• Like 1

Redleg,

There is also Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Hale, Birchall, and there bevy of fleet footed left footers. Superior midfield is a starting point and in the main a very well drilled side looking to be top notch for the first 6 rounds and set up there season (just look who they play). Their back line this year with the return of a fit Stratton seems more settled. They are where we want to be in 5-6 years time. Just about at the top of their game.

Redleg,

There is also Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Hale, Birchall, and there bevy of fleet footed left footers. Superior midfield is a starting point and in the main a very well drilled side looking to be top notch for the first 6 rounds and set up there season (just look who they play). Their back line this year with the return of a fit Stratton seems more settled. They are where we want to be in 5-6 years time. Just about at the top of their game.

Agree. Except that we also have some good players. I was more of the view that we don't have a Buddy or Rioli who are great, whereas the others you named are good or very good but not in the Buddy class.

Interesting article on SEN this morning.

During the Eddy debarcle from sunday night discussion he raised the subject of Indigenous players and lower stamina levels.

He said he would be doing a segment next sunday on Indigenous players and the extra effort required in maitiance especially when they are young.

It was mainly about recruiting players to AFL clubs too young.

There appears to be an idea to increase the age to 19.

It was supported by KB and Patrick Smith who said a number of managers have raised the issue.

Life is wonderful is it not

Just noticed on the MFC website that a membership will get you into the game against Port for free.

Gee we should all race over there to take advantage of that great offer.

Not much money will be expended on that one!

• Like 1

Had a great night last night listening to former Demon Max Walker at a dinner for 24 guys. Sat next to Max and he was just fantatstic. Spoke for an hour and answered questions for another hour on topics like his football days, cricket days and his media days. He is a top bloke and very unassuming. If you get the chance to attend a function where he is a speaker grab it. Held at Lamaros pub in South Melbourne in Cecil Street and the food was great as well.

• Like 1

Life is wonderful is it not

Just noticed on the MFC website that a membership will get you into the game against Port for free.

Gee we should all race over there to take advantage of that great offer.

Not much money will be expended on that one!

Sounds like someone in the membership idea is running out of ideas.

Kicking skill or the lack of it kept Richmond down for 20 years.

How many games did they kick it to Richardson's feet or over his head or the left when he led right.

Thanks for the reply Redleg I did read it on the other thread.

Late in 3rd quarter against Port and we are well down. Then I hear 3 Melbourne players called and all disposals called as poor and inaccurate and we lose possession. How long will we have to suffer this abysmal disposal?

Late in 3rd quarter against Port and we are well down. Then I hear 3 Melbourne players called and all disposals called as poor and inaccurate and we lose possession. How long will we have to suffer this abysmal disposal?

Redleg I have been trying really hard not to say anything tonight because all the blind optimists on demonland will say I am delighting in our sambolic performance.

This could not be further from the truth I am hurting as badly as any Dees supporter on this earth.

My worst fears are unfolding before me.

But i cannot help myself any longer.

Mate you are watching a very poor team, we were crap in 2011 and all sorts of excuses were made, crap coach, poor game plan, problems between the FD and Manangement.

The answer is and I keep saying it we have a poor group of players. End of story.

At least now we will not go into 2012 with over stated expectations.

But to answer your Question. For a very long time

Agree. Except that we also have some good players. I was more of the view that we don't have a Buddy or Rioli who are great, whereas the others you named are good or very good but not in the Buddy class.

Those players that I mentioned Redleg, of Hawthorn, are very good players and very important - particularly the likes of Sewell and Lewis, Hodge. Well above anything we have in terms of quality in our midfield.

• Like 1

I think it is now nearly certain that we will activate both of our compensation picks. First this years draft is strong, second we may have a poor year making them high picks and third we need quality midfielders.

I think it is now nearly certain that we will activate both of our compensation picks. First this years draft is strong, second we may have a poor year making them high picks and third we need quality midfielders.

That has been exactly my thoughts, regardless of where we finish. There is also the option of trade if our club has convinced someone. Which would be a hard sell, but anything talks, particularly money.

There's always the highlight of getting a blazer as a Mfc player, to help when convincing....{a little tongue in cheek}

We have been smashed in the midfield our last couple of practice games. Obviously Jordie is getting match fitness as is JT. Our bright light is the bloke many wanted to get rid of a year ago, Nathan Jones. I also don't think getting smashed in the midfield has anything to do with the game plan. It certainly makes it harder to work to any game plan when the other side has first use of the ball and they are heading to goal and more so when they have a good attack.

Folau reported twice in GWS loss and he also clashed heads with T$. T$ to have a cheekbone scan. No need for anyone to get nasty.

Wonder which one of his faces got smashed?

• Like 3

Voldemort to miss historic Giant's opener

Questionable source I know but the scans have revealed he suffered a slight depressed fracture of his cheekbone.

Also unconfirmed reports that the scans revealed the cheekbone is made of 14 karat gold.

Can never quite work out why everyone dislikes this bloke so much!!!!!

• Like 1