Changes for next week

deeflog

IN: Blease, Petterd, Dunn. Cook and or Jamar and Tapscott if not injured

OUT: Jurrah - needs to work harder on defensive pressure - or if he is carrying an injury rest him.

Gawn - Good exposure to get two games in him now he knows what it takes - development time in the twos will be good for him

Bennel - doesnt do enough at this level, or is not played in the correct position - would of liked to see him do the job on neon leon as a defensive forwrd.

Howe - Two games in him is good for his development - time to develop in the twos

Macdonald - seems very frustrated with something at the moment and it shows in his games

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Jamar does not come up.

In: Petterd, Dunn, Garland

Out: Jetta, Gawn, Evans

• Petterd proved he is way too good for the VFL.

• While Dunn doesn’t get enough of the ball, but he has all the tools to be a player and is one of our best skilled players. So I think he needs to be persevered with. He should play as the second ruck this week, as he gives much more than Gawn when as a forward.

• Jurrah can win a game off his own boot, so there is no way I would drop him.

• Tapscott should come back through the VFL and play limited game time. His hamstring injury looked a bad one.

• Cook was excellent in the VFL but is still not physically ready to play AFL.

• Blease was poor in the VFL and does not deserve promotion.

On a side note, I would prefer to see Jamar play 60-70% in the ruck and only 10-20% forward once he is fit. As good as Martin has been recently, Jamar is crucial around the stoppages and he is not the solution as a KPF.

I would prefer to see Martin in the backline when he is not playing in the ruck, as he is also not a great forward. But with potentially Garland, Rivers, Frawley, Martin and Macdonald in the backline we would be too big and slow. So I would like to see us experiment with Frawley in the midfield for some of the game. He is strong, hard, long and fast and is the most Judd-like player on our list. I think he could be great in the centre bounces and around the stoppages which are more important now with the press.

Jamar is playing next week he spoke in the Hassatt room after the game.

?!?! WHAT?? Really?? :/

Could potentially annihilate Freo in the middle if so...!

Bate and Dunn are not up to it. I wonder if there is much point in bringing either back into the team. Possible trade bait.

Jetta is injured and will be out of the team. This may mean that Nicholson, Blease or Tapscott may come into the team.

If Jurrah is injured then he may need a week or two to get himself right. In this instance i would bring Pettered into the team. I wouldn't want to bring in another rookie in Cook. I think Petterd's experience is required.

If Jamar is ready to go then he comes straight into the team and Gawn goes back to Casey. Jamar to play 50% in ruck and then rest in the pocket, we could do with a solid player up forward.

The next question is whether Garland comes back into the team. If he does then a tall may have to come out, which would most likely be MacDonald. I dont think that Garland is urgently required and MacDonald is holding his own. Give Garland another week at Casey to get match fitness.

There is no one to replace Bennell...

Ins: Nicholson, Jamar, Jurrah (if injured)

Outs: Jetta (Inj), Gawn, Petterd (If Jurrah inj)

Hmmn, We have a (6) Day turnaround. To Freo @ the 'G'.

We'll need maybe 2 fresh runners to do the Leg work. Evans should be OK as he only played about a Qtr. And got 5 disposals, 2 Marks and a Tackle in that short time... IMO, we need more contested footy winners and less outside types.

Outs: - Ins:

Jurrah - Petterd

Bennell - Garland

Gawn - Jamar

Emerg or Sub: Blease. Try him out.

I watched the 2nd half early this morning, Jetta looks like he'll miss with injury.

Mortons unco decision making & his lack of Intensity, is having a detrimental effect on his teammates. (vote of No confidence). His lack of contesting with LBrown in that Deep marking contest was just Pathetic! Morton has to make some BIG decisions about the style of game he wants to play! As a small styled running player, he's shitt, as a tall player he's shitt... He has to decide which style he's going to concentrate on playing, before he washed up...

Outs: Jetta - injured, Morton, Jurrah, Bennell, Gawn,

Ins: Nicholson, Cook, Petterd, Blease, Jamar

For everyone suggesting Cook to play is ludicrous.

He's not ready, let him play out the year in the VFL and put in another pre-season. At Casey he has Fevola getting the No.1 defender and gets protected, if he lines up for Melbourne he'll be as usefull as Jack Watts in his first season.

Ins: Nicholson, Jamar, Jurrah (if injured)

Outs: Jetta (Inj), Gawn, Petterd (If Jurrah inj)

Ins: Nicholson, Garland, Petterd, Tapscott

Out: Bennell, Joel Macdonald, Jetta, Evans

Tapscott not ready, Evans plays.

Edited by jacey

I thought Joel MacDonald was OK yesterday

He was. No idea why some people seemingly omit Joel quite freely! He is ferocious and tenacious and we need that in our backline. Frawley, Bartram and MacDonald are our ferocity back there!

He's been going along quite well - very happy with Joel's progress since being put in the two's.

Petterd must come in. Tapscott and Jamar also if fit.

Out goes Gawn, Evans and Jetta.

Jurrah doesn't seem like the same player last couple of weeks. Not sure if it is injury but he barley seems to get off the ground.

Guest Artie Bucco

Dear All,

We got smashed in the midfield, please stop trying to re-structure our forward line. The issue we have, besides Blease, we don't have any midfielders left at Casey. Petterd was our best Midfielder on the weekend but I doubt he would play this role are AFL level. With this in mind for the first week ever I have no idea what changes will be made. I think Jurrah needs a week off and Jetta will be injured so we have two changes, Jamar will not be fit this week.

Good post.

I agree Jurrah could do with a rest, and I'd bring in Cook.

Blease still isn't quite ready & definitely doesn't perform the same role.

Nor does Nicholson, but I think I'd bring him in for Jetta.

Recovery from injuries will determine a lot of the changes.

Good post.

I agree Jurrah could do with a rest, and I'd bring in Cook.

Blease still isn't quite ready & definitely doesn't perform the same role.

Nor does Nicholson, but I think I'd bring him in for Jetta.

Recovery from injuries will determine a lot of the changes.

Tapscott, Jamar, Garland and Petterd have to come in. Injuries will determine who goes out for them.

Guest Artie Bucco

Well unfortunately rpfc we were both right this week but unfortunately a bigger loss than we both hoped.

We have opposite views on No. 7 I keep telling you he is ordinary but you continually cling to him.

Time and time again he puts in an average performance against the poorer teams and woeful vesus the good sides.

He is not up to it, back to Casey this week please.

It's worth remembering that Varcoe put in a lot of similar performances, while still getting a game in dominant Geelong sides a few years ago.

His work rate and consistency has gone up, but I think you underestimate the impact of burst players like Bennell or Varcoe, even when it is fleeting.

Their bursts of intense speed can make things happen, just like a Jurrah moment of brilliance.

Guest Artie Bucco

Tapscott, Jamar, Garland and Petterd have to come in. Injuries will determine who goes out for them.

Petterd is the only 1 of the 4 that I know for certain is fit to play.

And he is serving his pennance in the VFL for a lack of intensity.

I know he was good on Saturday, but I want it to really hurt that he is still in the VFL so that he remembers not to let it drop again.

Another game at Casey before getting elevated would be fine with me.

Cook has been performing all year and not getting a chance.

I do think a Jurrah / Petterd swap works better to maintain the current balance (not that it has been great).

IN: Blease, Petterd, Dunn. Cook and or Jamar and Tapscott if not injured

OUT: Jurrah - needs to work harder on defensive pressure - or if he is carrying an injury rest him.

Gawn - Good exposure to get two games in him now he knows what it takes - development time in the twos will be good for him

Bennel - doesnt do enough at this level, or is not played in the correct position - would of liked to see him do the job on neon leon as a defensive forwrd.

Howe - Two games in him is good for his development - time to develop in the twos

Macdonald - seems very frustrated with something at the moment and it shows in his games

Sorry MORTON OUT FOREVER ASWELL

Who kicks the goals if Jurrah is out?

Even on a poor day he snags more than anyone else. Bailey needs to play him deep and tell him not to get sucked up the ground. Notice how Cloke never got sucked up the ground, so when a turnover happens he is already in position and gets a cheap goal (also kicked plenty of goals he earnt...)

Bloody foolish to drop him now.

It's worth remembering that Varcoe put in a lot of similar performances, while still getting a game in dominant Geelong sides a few years ago.

His work rate and consistency has gone up, but I think you underestimate the impact of burst players like Bennell or Varcoe, even when it is fleeting.

Their bursts of intense speed can make things happen, just like a Jurrah moment of brilliance.

Sorry AB I just do not see it, all year I have taken particular notice of him.

IMO he has had 3 average games the rest have not justified his spot.

In the last one and half seasons I have seen what I would call 3 good games

and only one of those I would have put him in the top 5.

I am serious when I ask what is his major claim to fame?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Who kicks the goals if Jurrah is out?

Even on a poor day he snags more than anyone else. Bailey needs to play him deep and tell him not to get sucked up the ground. Notice how Cloke never got sucked up the ground, so when a turnover happens he is already in position and gets a cheap goal (also kicked plenty of goals he earnt...)

Bloody foolish to drop him now.

Who kicks them when he is in?

It is our game plan that sees him way up the ground.

Bailey needs to leave a couple in the forward 50.

Numerous times yesterday we had to go side ways because there was no one in the forward line.

It drives me insane

( well more than usual )

Cloke hardly ever gets out of the forward 50.

OUT: Howe - Two games in him is good for his development - time to develop in the twos

You have got to be kidding......

You have got to be kidding......

Right there with you.

We are talking about a footy team, not EA Sports Fantasy AFL, if there was such a thing (so wish there was!).

Drop Howe, who is contributing more than most to the twos for development reasons?!

He's developing fine where he is.

Right there with you.

We are talking about a footy team, not EA Sports Fantasy AFL, if there was such a thing (so wish there was!).

Drop Howe, who is contributing more than most to the twos for development reasons?!

He's developing fine where he is.

Yeh... not sure Howe he could even suggest dropping him.