Time for Gawn & Howe

tonatopia

I'm not so sure why we are saying Max isn't ready. He has played 5 senior games at Casey this year, and 1 reserves game. The only reason he played the reserves game was becuase they wanted him to have a full game in the ruck, rather than sharing with Pencil.

Max was being picked in the seniors week after week on merit, as he was delivering what was expected of him.

Young ruckmen take longer unless they are freaks. What's to say this kid isn't one?

Would love to see him line up at Full Forward on Friday night, along side of Howe, Jurrah and Watts. (Would mean 3 debuts on the one night if Blease were to play too).

I think one thing is for certain - Carlton will try and intimidate the hell out of us. Would love to see someone try and do that to a 208cm giant!

I agree, I think Gawn will take a good big backman (when played at FF), and he is big enough to win most ruck duals.

Anyhow, we don't have another ruckman. I don't think Martin can handle a full game in the ruck, although I might be wrong.

Give the big fella a go. Apparently as a junior, he was a FREAK.

I'm not so sure why we are saying Max isn't ready. He has played 5 senior games at Casey this year, and 1 reserves game. The only reason he played the reserves game was becuase they wanted him to have a full game in the ruck, rather than sharing with Pencil.

Max was being picked in the seniors week after week on merit, as he was delivering what was expected of him.

Young ruckmen take longer unless they are freaks. What's to say this kid isn't one?

Would love to see him line up at Full Forward on Friday night, along side of Howe, Jurrah and Watts. (Would mean 3 debuts on the one night if Blease were to play too).

I think one thing is for certain - Carlton will try and intimidate the hell out of us. Would love to see someone try and do that to a 208cm giant!

Size is not everything, the last thing we need is for someone to run through him.

He is justing getting over a serious injury.

Give him time at Casey.

We need him in 2013 and beyond

Now billy that will guarantee he is picked!

Gawn has been named emergency the last two weeks now hasnt he? The match committee wouldnt pick him as one of the 25 if they didnt think he was ready surely would they? Or is it just to show him encouragement that he's on the right track?

Gawn has been named emergency the last two weeks now hasnt he? The match committee wouldnt pick him as one of the 25 if they didnt think he was ready surely would they? Or is it just to show him encouragement that he's on the right track?

Very valid point.

Very valid point.

Agreed, exceptional point, maybe he is physically closer than I thought. I am guessing that he would only get 50% game time or thereabouts if played. It just depends on if the club is willing to carry him through the game/s.

Agreed, exceptional point, maybe he is physically closer than I thought. I am guessing that he would only get 50% game time or thereabouts if played. It just depends on if the club is willing to carry him through the game/s.

I think if Gawn were to play he'd play much more than 50%. To have one player play 50% of the game means that you'll be stuck with two rotating men on the bench for an all up total of 60 minutes, and considering that clubs are now having 130+ rotations a game it's too much of a risk to do that, IMO.

Gawn would probably play 75-85% and rotate forward.

Bennell (in for Tapscott) to Betts

Frawley to Walker

Bartram to Garlett

Rivers to Waite

Can not see a match up for Warnock unless they bring in Henderson...

Warnock would go to Setanta I reckon.

Can't think of who MacDonald would go to if he retains his spot though.

I think it goes to the very idea of.."emergency" i.e when all else fails. we have very limited ruck stocks of note to pick from atm. Provided we have a better oprion then Gawn will remain emergency only. If we do need a ruck..and not a back up -sub type he will get a guernsey. Until then..He will wait.

At AFL level he has very few arrows to his quiver. Patience is required all around with this lad. He'll get there., if warranted.

I think if Gawn were to play he'd play much more than 50%. To have one player play 50% of the game means that you'll be stuck with two rotating men on the bench for an all up total of 60 minutes, and considering that clubs are now having 130+ rotations a game it's too much of a risk to do that, IMO.

Gawn would probably play 75-85% and rotate forward.

Definitely not ready to play that much game time.

I'm not so sure why we are saying Max isn't ready. ..

Max is still very much in the development phase. Having seen him on TV when he played 2nd fiddle to Spencer four weeks ago, he looked very raw. And from D'land reports his progress is as expected without it being above average. As for getting pick week after week, who else can we select given we have 3 rucks injured or coming back from a long lay off??

Or maybe the three options that would be selected before him are all injured?

And given for one of the games Martin had alleged bruised ribs, then Gawn may have been called upon.....because there was no one else.

Supporters will need to have patience with Gawn. More than they have shown with the MFC side in general.

If Robert Warnock does not play I'd probably be happy to go with Martin and Newton against Hampson and O'Hailpin. Can't really see what bringing in Gawn would achieve. I think we just have to be patient.

Also if Rob Warnock does play there is a high likely hood he will play on his brother at some stage of the night.

Good point

I think it goes to the very idea of.."emergency" i.e when all else fails. we have very limited ruck stocks of note to pick from atm. Provided we have a better oprion then Gawn will remain emergency only. If we do need a ruck..and not a back up -sub type he will get a guernsey. Until then..He will wait.

At AFL level he has very few arrows to his quiver. Patience is required all around with this lad. He'll get there., if warranted.

We do not have a better option than Gawn. He IS our option, - and a good one at that.

We do not have a better option than Gawn. He IS our option, - and a good one at that.

For those of us who can't get down to see the Scorps, can you give us a rundown of how he's been travelling in the games you've seen him play?

I don't really disagree with anyone's comments here but my thoughts are how about we play these apparent high skilled kids we've drafted.

Blease and Strause PLAY THEM ! Sink or swim they have been on the list for years (bleases injury I do take into account though).

I'm going down this path after seeing Richmond Essedndon and West Coast all leap frog us in half the time .... These clubs all played the drafted kids.

My thoughts are we are to conservitive ..... From watching Casey I think Tom Macdonald should get a go, that kid looks the goods.

Interested to hear others thoughts

For those of us who can't get down to see the Scorps, can you give us a rundown of how he's been travelling in the games you've seen him play?

I have only seen him live once, I rely on the feedback from others, he has been our emergency the last couple of weeks, he is a BIG unit, we need him, give him a run.

At worst, if he can't get hit-outs, then sub him.

I have only seen him live once, I rely on the feedback from others, he has been our emergency the last couple of weeks, he is a BIG unit, we need him, give him a run.

At worst, if he can't get hit-outs, then sub him.

Max has been solid. He competes and is hard at it , and I think his body is developed enough.

He is a big unit ! I think he moves very well for his size, I watched him run down a frankston player and take him down very aggressively.

He moves an kicks ok ! Like I said in an earlier post these guys are drafted to play AFL, we need an interim big guy at the moment. Let's give him a go .... I can tell you it would be more beneficial than playing newton !

Max has been solid. He competes and is hard at it , and I think his body is developed enough.

He is a big unit ! I think he moves very well for his size, I watched him run down a frankston player and take him down very aggressively.

He moves an kicks ok ! Like I said in an earlier post these guys are drafted to play AFL, we need an interim big guy at the moment. Let's give him a go .... I can tell you it would be more beneficial than playing newton !

Sandi has 14kg on him, he's not big enough yet for his size.

Max is still very much in the development phase. Having seen him on TV when he played 2nd fiddle to Spencer four weeks ago, he looked very raw. And from D'land reports his progress is as expected without it being above average. As for getting pick week after week, who else can we select given we have 3 rucks injured or coming back from a long lay off??

Or maybe the three options that would be selected before him are all injured?

And given for one of the games Martin had alleged bruised ribs, then Gawn may have been called upon.....because there was no one else.

Supporters will need to have patience with Gawn. More than they have shown with the MFC side in general.

Please RR... give us a spell. You never waste an opportunity to bag the MFC supporters for your decreed lack of patience.

As I see it, we have more supporters buying membership than every before, despite our lack of success over the past 4 years. We aren't doggies fans who don't buy memberships. We have supporters' absolute optimism in our president, and excitement in our youth. Sure, some would like to see our improvement come quicker, and some are worried that we are being sold a pup with the vision. But most supporters are engaged and cautiously optimistic.

Bennell (in for Tapscott) to Betts

Frawley to Walker

Bartram to Garlett

Rivers to Waite

Can not see a match up for Warnock unless they bring in Henderson...

... Christ almighty the Blues will smash us to bits with those match ups and a similar number of inside 50's against us as the last few weeks.

While I know Barts work rate is high his skills/decision making are terrible and very few have the pace to go with Garlett.

Betts is a far better player the JB who I still have not seen his "best" position yet.

Waite will destory J-Riv. He is the best big fwd they have and a highly rate him. Fraw's has to go to Waite every day of the week, he is too big, to strong and to quick for Riv's.

Warnock would go to Setanta I reckon.

Can't think of who MacDonald would go to if he retains his spot though.

MacDonald would probably go on a HFF to a Yarran or Scotland and stop their use

He was doing the job last week on Goddard until Tappy did his hammy and he had to retreat back to HB