'Scully talks'

Samsara

could it be your just incapable of reading ?? could it ??

If you read my post throuroughly...and if youre intelligent enough to understand than you would understand he could have his cake and eat it too. That would be just desserts ( pi ) as recognition of his stautus.

Poor reply. My post was in response to you accusing the party's concerned of not acting appropriately.

Of course I read it. Mind you it takes a while to decipher it.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that not sufficiently explain the difference between Scully & Swan in this instance?

I have to ask..what does it explain at all ??

A lot of argument about al lthis suggest that Scully's position wil lbe different at the end of the season to that which is is now. Some base this on his injury etc etc. What nonsense.

The club did such a thorough due dilligence before picking him they probably know how long his toenails are and whether cuts toast diagonally or across. No one is really in any doubt about percieved values now, a months time or come the 'big day " So this rubbish about waiting til then for that reason is hokum.

Then theres the notion of how big the pool.. and this too thwarts any negotiations. Many have shown theres an amicable way around this to the suiting of all parties. If the only stumbling blocks are these...then they are easily overcome.

Again.. I say..they havent been.. And more the point.. everytime this is noted the particualr party comes up with the non-reply of we're advising he wait....coz !!!

I dont like Coz...never have.... its what you say when you know youre bullsh!tting !!

Edited by belzebub59

Guest Artie Bucco

The argument isn't that Scully's position WILL be different, but that it COULD improve.

It won't deteriorate. He is injured now and has enough years ahead of him to overcome any injury.

In comparison, Swan is in a position where his value has plateaud and it will either remain CONSTANT or it will DETERIORATE.

The argument isn't that Scully's position WILL be different, but that it COULD improve.

It won't deteriorate. He is injured now and has enough years ahead of him to overcome any injury.

In comparison, Swan is in a position where his value has plateaud and it will either remain CONSTANT or it will DETERIORATE.

Its not different...but it could be different :unsure: lol

There is nothing that cant be built into a contract. There really is nothing to stop him signing with no disadvantage to his position, known or envisaged. NOTHING !!

disagree with that, if he was to leave there is nothing he has said that can be called an outright lie. He said he hasnt spoken to anyone yet. That doesnt mean he's not going to speak to someone later. That is why i wasnt thrilled with that presser because as KB said staright after 'he didnt totally put it to bed'

Yes, but if he does "speak to someone later" we should know straight away because "Quote" I will immediately inform the MFC

Yes, but if he does "speak to someone later" we should know straight away because "Quote" I will immediately inform the MFC

lol... define immediately... and tell them 'what" ??..Ummmm wellll...its like this !! "

What do you mean "its like this " if he tells them he's already signed or about to sign ( with GWS) the he's blatantly lied !

You make a good point but I still side with Belzebub on that, I can't imagine the offer that is currently available for Scully could/would differ much from the one gets from us later in the year, regardless of what happens on the field. He's a clear cut goer, in every way, there is no doubts over him like there is Watts and Naitanui for example. I'm sure the club is aware of how xritical he is to us and has not held anything back with their offer. We are all just whistling dixie on this though really

What do you mean "its like this " if he tells them he's already signed or about to sign ( with GWS) the he's blatantly lied !

why ?? lol

some seem overly blind here.

He only has to take the stance that he doesnt talk to anyone. per se. He is of course entitled to talk to his management..as thats perfectly accepptable ..Thats what you do.

VelSports will be in the course of many players talking to GWS ( and others )

An outcome could be Vels knowing what terms Scully is looking for could come at him at some point with a ...Here look at his..liike ? sign here..

At that point Scully could turn aroiund to th eclub with a "well its like this "

At what point up til then has he lied or been at all dishonest ?? None

Its entirely possible that the first th eclub really knows of any outcome is when its passed into the " past"

Now that may not be the way Scully operates at al. But it could be the way Velocity does. Scully seems very happy to leave it to them.

Anyone here know or comprehend the notion of "plausible deniability ' ??

Hypothesis of course....none of this ever happens....never never never :unsure: nupp !!

Why?

Because he stated in March that he hadn't been approached yet?

He also stated:

"Well if the time did come and it hasn't ... I mean I'd have to look into it and I'll leave all that stuff to my management and the club to sort out"

Fair enough if it turns out any of this was untrue at the time, but otherwise, no need to cast aspersions on his character.

Edited by Tricky

why ?? lol

He only has to take the stance that he doesnt talk to anyone. per se. He is of course entitled to talk to his management..as thats perfectly accepptable ..Thats what you do.

An outcome could be Vels knowing what terms Scully is looking for could come at him at some point with a ...Here look at his..liike ? sign here..

At that point Scully could turn aroiund to th eclub with a "well its like this "

Its entirely possible that the first th eclub really knows of any outcome is when its passed into the " past"

Now that may not be the way Scully operates at al. But it could be the way Velocity does. Scully seems very happy to leave it to them.

Hypothesis of course....none of this ever happens....never never never :unsure: nupp !!

beat by THAT much

"Well if the time did come and it hasn't ... I mean I'd have to look into it and I'll leave all that stuff to my management and the club to sort out"

yes thanks for that

that's the bit that made my heart sink as it clearly leaves the door wide open

Why?

Because he stated in March that he hadn't been approached yet?

He also stated:

Fair enough if it turns out any of this was untrue at the time, but otherwise, no need to cast aspersions on his character.

I'm not I don't need to that will become evident in the passing of time. I make no judgement at all at this time

yes thanks for that

that's the bit that made my heart sink as it clearly leaves the door wide open

Yeah and that presser wasn't ever going to tell us anything else.

I'm not buying any predetermined outcome on this either way.

Let the unbridled speculation continue!

Yeah and that presser wasn't ever going to tell us anything else.

I'm not buying any predetermined outcome on this either way.

Let the unbridled speculation continue!

got a concession on the popcorn and beer ?? lol

why ?? lol

Gee you must have a different grasp of the English language than I do. Using semantics to blur reality is still lying in my book

It also leaves the door open to an increase in value. Smart.

you just dont read or comprehend do you...surprises me.

That is easily overcome..its a non argument..its a furphy..a smokescreen.

He's smart for sure

It also leaves the door open to an increase in value. Smart.

Playing it smart all round. Just a pity that damn knee is holding him back.

got a concession on the popcorn and beer ?? lol

It's great value ;)

What relevance does that have?

Because he's a better player, he should sign quicker to keep you relaxed, even though it is not in his best interests???

I just don't understand the thought process here.

Probably because there isn't one.

There are thought processes going on. You can hear them if your listening.

and they're saying, loud and clear... We don't like this player trading!!! We want loyalty!!! We don't want players hanging their tales out to the highest bidders, like some Indecent proposal!

And we don't like the uncertainty attached to this mercinary way of life. Football and Sport has always been working peoples way of ending the week of pressure and have a yell and a Laugh ofr Cry. Not some Peyton Place drama played out over a whole series.

This is very bad for the game.

Yeah, I am.

They didn't want Swan, they wanted Pendlebury or Thomas.

Swan would now be a year older, and I don't think he's as good a player as Ablett.

Plus, bringing Swan in would cost more than they'd want to realistically pay, leaving not much in the coffers for anyone else.

Now who's confusing speculation with facts.

Of course they'd want Swan

Swan would cost no more than Ablett

They could also find other ways to pay which the AFL would gladly oblige/help

Anyway if they want Sculls it would be for different reasons than they would want Swan. They could find $$s for both

Gee you must have a different grasp of the English language than I do. Using semantics to blur reality is still lying in my book

I have a very good grasp of English. Law is written very carefully using specific words to convey ( hopefully ) an umambiguous idea or rule. It does so for the simple idea of ensuring one thing is said and not another.

Here we have Scully ( & Co. ) using very carefully chosen words to skirt around actually answering the questions raised. In this instance its definitely semantics, playing it for all its worth. A politician would be proud of their efforts to date.

They ( Scully/Vel ) are being very cagey and ensuriing , in their view, they arent being backed into a corner. But that in itself raises the question.. Why a percieved corner ? They are maintaining a position of flexibility and yet they wish to suggest theres no cause for concern as we dont need it. They are positioned next to a gat eand its open.. They are guarding the gate with much dedication.

Again..we all ask...as does the bottom feeding estate , whats the gate for Tommy ?? After all arent we supposed to be discussing how many rooms and what furniture and which car...and all the whiles youre standing next to thge gate with one foot in and out ??

Yet...and this is the kicker.. Theyve never actually said they intend to leave. Hey guys we're just standing at the gate.Just waiting...at the gate.

Theres no lie. Theyre actually saying....nothing.

you just dont read or comprehend do you...surprises me.

That is easily overcome..its a non argument..its a furphy..a smokescreen.

He's smart for sure

What on earth are you talking about ? re: don't read or comprehend ? My reply was for C&B, not you. In any case have a think.

Btw, I already replied (#128) to your previous post. Which you have conveniently overlooked ("you just don't read").