Demonland Player of the Year

Demonland

I know its a difficult job today but I can`t believe how many people have left out Jamar!

I think if anyone is going to be underrepresented it will be Clint Bartram.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 Moloney - One of the best games I've seen in a while, tough, smart and clean

5 Jamar - Dominated. Gave Moloney the ball, and did it by himself. How some don't have him in the votes surprises me. Daylight to the next best.

4 Petterd - Provided the target that has been missing. Made every forward dangerous because the opposition were looking for him. Great forward pressure.

3 Trengove - Not just potential, already a good player. Tough, smart and great mark. Is the best young Demon.

2 Jones - Great running game. Provided so many good links in play.

1 Sylvia - Very good. Would have gotten 4 votes if he had of impacted the first half instead of the second.

Unlucky

Warnock - One on one with Tippett every time the ball entered the 50 and beat him. Doesn't give run, but great stopper.

Bail - Great runner, hard worker.

Bartam - Another good game, more up the ground. Stops a player, and gets touches, and despite popular opinion, rarely makes mistakes

I'm confused as to why people are giving Maric votes, unless I looked at the stats first. Got a lot of cheap possessions, didn't get his own ball, and didn't do much with them. I can't remember him damaging the opposition at all. Lowest impact 31 possession game I have seen. Only Bate did less in my opinion.

Bartram rarely makes mistakes and Maric did noting but? Strange way to see things, but agree that Bartram was good and liked him being an extractor from the middle where just getting it out is the priority over hitting a target.

Funny how people see things differently. Some people have given Warnock votes and I thought he struggled, but did improve as the game went on. Nevertheless, the best thing about this week's voting is the breadth of players getting votes.

6. Moloney

5. Frawley

4. Trengove

3. Bartram

2. Bail

1. Sylvia

I couldn't find room for Petterd (imagine what he would have done if he'd been cleaner in he first half) or Maric (clearly his best game) or Jamar or Garland or Tapscott or...

My votes are:

6. Moloney

5. Trengove

4. Sylvia

3. Frawley

2. Maric

1. Jamar

Apologies to green, Davey, Bail, Tapscott (who surely deserves a rising star nomination soon) Jones, Bartram, Gysberts (who having watched the replay again, was great in close, he had 17 pressure acts, for a guy so skinny he goes bloody hard and will just get better) and Petterd.

Funny that some people dont rate Maric's game. He used the ball well and was smart with the ball. Yes he had plenty of uncontested ball, but not everyone needs to go in, you need someone to get the ball out to. He also had 15 scoring involvements which was very impressive.

I also love the fact the media dont give JT the wraps he deserves. I cant believe the Sun dont even have him in our best. If it was Martin they would be giving him another back page story and coverage on all news stories.

It is bizarre the lack of love for Jamar.

It was the midfield that dominated for Melbourne, and Jamar was the reason for this. He gave Moloney an arm chair ride for a start.

To not include him in the top two on the ground is staggering.

Edited by dee-tox

Beamer extends his lead and, if Jack T accepts the two weeks :o , it's likely to extend further in the coming weeks.

67. Brent Moloney

55. Jack Trengove

37. Mark Jamar

35. Rohan Bail

28 Jared Rivers

25. Luke Tapscott

21. Colin Sylvia

19. Nathan Jones

18. Stefan Martin

17. Colin Garland

14.Liam Jurrah Jack Watts

10. Ricky Petterd

5. Addam Maric

4. Jamie Bennell

3. Jordan Gysberts

2. James Frawley Jack Grimes

1. Aaron Davey Cale Morton

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.