THE COACH

ickey_11

A bit of passion from Bailey might just rub off onto the players. I said over 12 months ago I doubted his ability, now I am certain he is not quite up to senior coaching....no plan B , reactive not proactive, does not get consistency from players, has an unworried persona all the time.........If I were him I would be absolutely s*%t scared of failure and show some passion occasionally. We are still, after 3 years, the laughing stock of AFL on the road! Shouldn't we be improving just a little bit by now?

The senior players should be ashamed of this performance, the young ones need this like a hole in the head.

Club Football management need to be heard saying that this is intolerable and will not ever be accepted again.

What does it take to get this club going again, onfield ?????????????? Bailey has no idea!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bailey is the Melbourne Scwabb ( Haw) too much efort at prety clever footy..not enough mongrel real footy. Scwabb wenrt from Hawthron, maybe Dean Bailey ...its time !! enough's enough

time for the Melbourne Footy Club to show some balls for the first time in a while and get rid of this bloke. Zero improvement in the skill level over four seasons, and the lack of a game plan is concerning to say the least.

third post in the thread sums it up

I want him gone. Tonight.

Seriously. Tonight. Put Connolly in charge as caretaker with a view of appointing a coach at season's end.

You've got friends here

Do you think opposition coaches chuckle at the prospect of playing us and working out our "game plan"?

The amount of times the eagles have found someone 30m in the clear in their f50 shows how fundamentally flawed our plan is.

But it's not Just the coaches fault. The players aren't willing to get their hands dirty this year. Maybe it's time Bailey threw em off the pier again.

Needs to do a blighty and walk out or make them run laps after the game. Make them hitch hike home...

happy if he just walks

I reckon we could even get a Coach fund going. Some say we can't afford a TOP TOP line coach, well we did DD, what about the NCFF (New Coach Fighting Fund) I don't even have a job atm, but I'll contribute whatever I have got

Right, I'm going to go through this.

- Kick-ins. We are the worst side in the competition. The worst. Hawthorn made us look stupid. Brisbane almost made us look the same. And now tonight. This has to have been identified after the Hawthorn game and should have been fixed by now. That was Round 2. We're as bad, if not WORSE.

- Contested handballs. In an even-money situation, where the player with the pill comes under pressure and attempts to handball, nine times out of ten they go to the wrong option. That player then gets hit. At best, we get a ball-up out of it. At worst, we see them turn it over, break through and goal.

- Tackling. Clearly isn't taught at the MFC. We don't do it! We're not hard at the man with the pill, we back off and give him room to pick the right option.

- Fight. We rolled over and died at the OPENING HIT-OUT. No-one came at Natanui from it. NOONE. The players are clearly not revved up, not willing to play for their club.

- General skill errors. We look, at best, like the Koo Wee Rup Seconds.

- Game plan. What a magical idea. I haven't seen anything resembling one.

What has changed, I don't know. Bailey doesn't deserve more time though. We served up rubbish against the Dons in the NAB. Then against Hawthorn. Then for a lot of the Brisbane game. Then there was the third quarter against the Fold Coast. And now tonight. I don't want him to have more time. I watched better football in 2008. Jesus.

I hope this campaign your starting gains traction mate. I've one word for the whole bloody sorry situation..... DEBACLE.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

I have said it before on another site

Dean Bailey was not coaching for draft picks. He was doing the best he could

A complete HACK

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.