Pendlebury and Thomas to stay at Collingwood

Samsara

Heaven help you if Scully stays at Melbourne.

You are going to cop more hammering than a rusty nail.

Thing is, the more you hit that rusty nail, I find the less likely they go in (or get the message). What's frustrating is you can't seem to straighten them. It's like fitting a square peg through a round hole.

GWSland are looking for rusty nails. Apparently they've signed one, but the nail says he hasn't.

Yeah but it's just a rumour ROTA. You are an ostrich with your head in the sand, because that's just a rumour and just because Scully's management have come out and categorically said that he hasn't signed a deal doesn't mean anythink because they are probs tellin lies. He is gone. Eddie would know.

Fair dinkum, sometimes I want to break the internet.

Please tell me that there is a huge dose of sarcasm with this post or else I don't not where to start.

The sentence written in the article by journalist posted by ROTA is rumour and Scully's management (and Scully as he also stated categorically) are liars but Eddie who is also a journalist (and very conflicted) speaks the truth and facts. Oh my lord....

Happy to respect any opinion that says Scully will go because he will not be able to resist the huge money.( I disagree)

But also happy to lambast any opinion that is not so much head in the sand or head up the bum but not using the head at all.

Putting your head in the sand won't make the issue go away. I am happy for it to be merged, but if supporters want to discuss this issue, they should be able to. If you want no part in that discussion, then do not click on the thread.

And all of us agonising about it and going over and over this ad infinitum will not change a thing either.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Please tell me that there is a huge dose of sarcasm with this post or else I don't not where to start.

It's how I'm reading it.

Putting our head in sand...

Honestly, is that what those that want to fret about Scully think we are doing?

I have complete confidence that this club can keep its best players.

Is that head in the sand stuff?

But remember - where there is smoke, there is Eddie with a lighter on a chair reaching for the smoke alarm...

It's how I'm reading it.

My post wasnt aimed at you.

I agree with you 100% - only thing that counts is ink - everything else is exactly as you say - "for what it is worth...."

Pendlebury & Thomas stay at the Filth...Good. Far more chance of Tom Scully staying at Melbourne (if he has signed nothing thus far)

If he has, well it's going to be a long cold soulless career.

He should stay, on the back of that news.

The way i am reading this Skully situation is i think he is holding back to see what out of contract players GWS can sign, and if the quality of players is of a high level he will sign on, if he is not convinced the players they sign are going to make a move successful he will stay a demon.

Just my views on this

The way i am reading this Skully situation is i think he is holding back to see what out of contract players GWS can sign, and if the quality of players is of a high level he will sign on, if he is not convinced the players they sign are going to make a move successful he will stay a demon.

Just my views on this

If this is the case, then he will stay because GWS are struggling to recruit it seems.

I am wondering who else will be next on the GWS "He has already signed" rumours. Leaving Scully out of the equation.

I know Taylor Walker has been mentioned, but he is hardly a big name player to grab the headlines.

Any other suggestions? Melbourne or other if you were K.Sheedy, (ooh shudder).

Just my views on this

That makes sense. Cut it out.

Just my views on this

This raises an intersting question.

I think it is a commonly held view that the Scully situation will resolve it towards season end - when the new TV deal and players pay position is known ( what is the timing on this ?) - that is his managements stance.

I may be wrong - but I also think if the season is actually completed without him signing then we should worry a little.

The first player to sign with Suns happened two weeks before seasons end - Bock ? However the balance were after the season was over - Ablett and Harbarrow - after they finished finals.

It is not an unfair assumption to think that players would want to know who else is going to be on the books as stated above - do you think that in "secret and confidential" negotiation that the GWS would reveal to another player they are trying to secure who else they have contracted ?

Edited by nutbean

regardless of who else they recruit, there is no way they will be a preferable option to us for Scully, talking purely in terms of which side is going to be the better on-field unit. Everything else, his family, profile etc it's all in our favour, every little thing. It just comes down to money. Will they outbid us by so much he won't be able to refuse selling out.

That's the only factor in play

This raises an intersting question.

I think it is a commonly held view that the Scully situation will resolve it towards season end - when the new TV deal and players pay position is known ( what is the timing on this ?) - that is his managements stance.

I may be wrong - but I also think if the season is actually completed without him signing then we should worry a little.

The first player to sign with Suns happened two weeks before seasons end - Bock ? However the balance were after the season was over - Ablett and Harbarrow - after they finished finals.

It is not an unfair assumption to think that players would want to know who else is going to be on the books as stated above - do you think that in "secret and confidential" negotiation that the GWS would reveal to another player they are trying to secure who else they have contracted ?

IIRC nutbean, when Bock held his press conference, he stated that he was aware of other AFL GC17 signings at the time. So it wouldn't surprise me at some stage before they "come out" they will be aware of at least some of their future teammates (other signings) at GWS.

But remember - where there is smoke, there is Eddie with a lighter on a chair reaching for the smoke alarm...

LMFAO, so funny and so true rpfc. I've decided I don't reckon he's going and I'm gonna keep that thought coz it makes me happy. Lord knows we all need happiness at the moment.

GWS will be far more of a problem to the MFC at the end of next year.

I have a strong feeling they will do far more signings in 2012.

But as long as our club continues to grow, there is little else we can do about these Parasites.

They have been introduced to feed of all clubs.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

GWS will be far more of a problem to the MFC at the end of next year.

I have a strong feeling they will do far more signings in 2012.

I'm sure of it. If I was running that club I'd be shaking every tree this year to make the clubs pay out as much coin as possible to shore up players. Then next year the big $$$'s would come out and already stretched club could be cherry picked. Any good players grabbed this year would be considered pure bonus.