Bruce's goal celebration

Range Rover

he decided to leave us - after trade week was done and dusted, meaning we couldnt even get a draft pick for him. he can kiss my arse.

The guy gave us long and good service in the main.

It all fell apart at the end of 2010

Lets all have a little grace

and get on with it and Leave Bruce alone

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na i dont care about the money that he is getting. its that he didnt try and get the club anything for him. even judd said he wanted to come home but not unless the eagles were given some good compensation, ie draft picks. thats what really annoys me.

Oh that annoys me too, don't worry. But switching clubs for less money, on top of what you said!! Absolute poor form, considering his great mate is now our captain.

How about him leaving the club he had played at for 11 seasons after the draft to go to a club whose coach even told him to go back and work it out at the Dees first!

Was I the only person who thought that the booing of Cameron Bruce was absolutely disgraceful?

MFC supporters have no reason to dislike Bruce - we are the ones who got rid of him and he wanted to continue playing with us. The man has a right to make a living, so he decided to continue for another team. If there is anything that he has done wrong then please enlighten me.

Really, Bruce playing for Hawthorn should result in a win-win to both sides. Our up & coming youth such as Trengrove, Trapscott, etc should be able to cover for the viod that Cam is leaving, and hopefully he should be able to contribute to the HFC.

You bet I booed him but then again I booed Woewodin. (All tongue in cheek)

How about him leaving the club he had played at for 11 seasons after the draft to go to a club whose coach even told him to go back and work it out at the Dees first!

Clarkson is actually a top bloke from what i have heard..The Ox tells some great stories from the Neil Balme days.

With all those indicators it seems the only one who didn't try to work things out was Cameron.

He didn't want to put in more work than he had done to earn his spot. Thus his spot was under pressure, and he cracked it.

Thus he was booed. Quite Simple really. It will come back to haunt him i have no doubt.

Clarkson is actually a top bloke from what i have heard..The Ox tells some great stories from the Neil Balme days.

With all those indicators it seems the only one who didn't try to work things out was Cameron.

He didn't want to put in more work than he had done to earn his spot. Thus his spot was under pressure, and he cracked it.

I disagree; I'm sure he's more than happy to work at earning his spot in the Hawks side, for example.

Had he stayed with Melbourne, Cameron Bruce would have been naive to think that we might not push him into [what some might see as] early retirement, given we've been very clearly going down a path centred around building a group to play in a premiership at a point in which Bruce will not be playing AFL.

I disagree; I'm sure he's more than happy to work at earning his spot in the Hawks side, for example.

Had he stayed with Melbourne, Cameron Bruce would have been naive to think that we might not push him into [what some might see as] early retirement, given we've been very clearly going down a path centred around building a group to play in a premiership at a point in which Bruce will not be playing AFL.

When Bruce can no longer get a game of AFL it means he is not good enough anymore, be that at Melbourne or Hawthorn.

To go somewhere else on less money i will never fully undersand after we had offered him a contract.

Edited by why you little

When Bruce can no longer get a game of AFL it means he is not good enough anymore, be that at Melbourne or Hawthorn.

To go somewhere else on less money i will never fully undersand after we had offered him a contract.

Older players get pushed out quicker at Clubs that are developing a young side than they do at Clubs looking for success.

Surely you've seen that Clubs that are pushing for a flag are more likely to keep an older player than those adopting a youth policy?

Older players get pushed out quicker at Clubs that are developing a young side than they do at Clubs looking for success.

Surely you've seen that Clubs that are pushing for a flag are more likely to keep an older player than those adopting a youth policy?

Sure i have, But Cameron was on an elite wage so i was hoping he was going to play to that level.

Thus he was booed. Quite Simple really. It will come back to haunt him i have no doubt.

MORE work to earn his spot? Bruce was a legend on the training track. No one worked harder than he.

Criticise his disposal perhaps but never doubt his efforts to maintain his own extremely high personal fitness level. BTW, after finishing top 6 in the B&F why was his place in the team suddenly in doubt?

MORE work to earn his spot? Bruce was a legend on the training track. No one worked harder than he.

Criticise his disposal perhaps but never doubt his efforts to maintain his own extremely high personal fitness level. BTW, after finishing top 6 in the B&F why was his place in the team suddenly in doubt?

Never doubted his work on the training track Bobby. He needed to bring his A Grade skills into a match, and i don't think they were up to it and i do not think Cameron was prepared to work that much harder to get them....so he left.

I booed Andy Lovell when he played for West Coast. Wasn't an attack on him personally, was just disappointed that he was in a different colour jumper.

I also booed Cameron Bruce all day sunday, from the comfort of my Man Cave. It felt bloody good too. It was a little bit more personal with Bruce (as opposed to Chopper), he did give us 10 years of service, thanks. He also shafted us and we got nothing in return. Did we shaft him first? I don't think we did. I can't see how some of his performances last year were worthy of a 2 year contract. I still believe he had 1 year (at the most) of AFL standard footy left in him, so if a team offered him 2, I'm happy for him to clog up someone elses list for 12 months, suits me just fine. Time will tell if I'm right or not, but apart from that one passage in the third quarter, he was pretty bloody ordinary for the 2nd week in a row. I think he is actuall slower this year, but is in a good enough team to be able to get away with it.

Anyone that disagrees with my thoughts on just how well Bruce was going, sit down and watch the replay of Round 22 last year against North. This will start a war, but I have no doubt his performance influenced the result, so I'm glad he's gone.

Anyone on this site complaining about our treatment of Bruce on Sunday need to really harden up. It's any wonder that opposition supporters treat us like crap.

Edited by billy2803

Moronic thread. I'd have done the same thing. The guy is on another team now, and was essentially told his time was up. He is the enemy of us, and we the enemy of him.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the moderators hate people expressing an opinion on something they don't approve of... but I just thought I'd let people know that I just listened to 30 minutes of radio bliss... Mark Fine essentially ripping into Cameron Bruce and his deficiencies as a footballer.

Yesterday Bruce played a very typical Bruce game.

20 possessions, 15 of them uncontested and in space, and yet his efficiency was 3rd worst on the field out of 44 players. He spent some time tagging Embley, before tagging Andrew Gaff for a bit. He kicked floaters, he made bad decisions, did then odd good thing but then half-missed another target.

Would be a little stronger on the field this season with a 35 year old James McDonald and a 32 year old Cameron 'inefficiency' Bruce? Probably. They're 500 games experience! Would we be stronger long term with them in demons jumpers in 2011? Hells to the no!

Bruce and McDonald's absense = 2 spots available for Gysberts, Tapscott. Later in the season it means plenty of games into Blease, Strauss, Maric and Jetta, even Evans and Nicholson.

Our time in 2013 onwards. We have stuck to the plan, and sacrifised short term pain in order to ensure we have the best possible chance of winning a premiership during those important years. I for one am along for the ride and I respect all the decisions the football department has made in recent seasons.