Brendan Fevola

Cards13

I get that he needs some help, but football has not been his friend.

It has given him money (which he loses on gambling), hangers-on (that are a bad influence and get him out there and [censored]), and noteriety (which leads to the knives coming out).

This is a re-occuring theme of Fevola's and he needs to get help (which he is doing), go and see his kids, and re-join reality.

I think he should quit, personally.

I think you are right RPFC, i had not thought of it in such simple terms, but they are all there. Fev needs a "standard" job close to his kids, right out of the media spotlight. To be stuck in Brisbane is just so wrong for him.

i have seen Fev work with kids in a hospital, he is not a bad person, silly yes, immature at times yes, but not a bad person. The Media love him as a villian though. Journo's thrive on it.

Radio Stations had him in the gallows by mid afternoon January 1. I wonder if Fev will play AFL again??

Edited by why you little

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that he needs some help, but football has not been his friend.

It has given him money (which he loses on gambling), hangers-on (that are a bad influence and get him out there and [censored]), and noteriety (which leads to the knives coming out).

This is a re-occuring theme of Fevola's and he needs to get help (which he is doing), go and see his kids, and re-join reality.

I think he should quit, personally.

IMO people in this quandry need to keep their lives steady, as they are. He needs to keep playing footy, as its so much now of who he is. Without it he could fold up,,, lose his Identity altogether, too much to do as he tries to recover.

He needs to Ideally come back to Melbourne as a rookie,,, or stay up there playing. But Ideally be nearer his family support. Keep footy,,, his job... GET OFF THE GROG FEV! Practice meditation a couple of times a day

Seek ongoing professioanl help & keep constant company with good role model supportive people around him.

Stay away from media events, & maybe,,, just maybe,,, if he can allow it,,, find the church, If his family are church goers,,, go with them. I think he'll find people there that he does not have to compete with all the time. His desire to compete/fight is @ the bottom of this. His pride determines he resists anyone who tries to belittle him, so he then tries to outdo them in some Rebel leader sort of way. Bigger & better, (the bullied becomes bigger)...

"football has not been his friend". I don't think footy the problem, I think the culture he adopted as a 16 Yr old would be most likely the problem,,, Which would have been exagerated by the poor culture @ Carlton when he first got there.

He is a good person,,,, & he needs to reflect back on the decent young man he was growing up, I'm sure. Because that person is still buried inside. He has to realise that, that kid is a good person & that he can still be that kid in a bigger body with a more experienced knowledge of the world.

Even though he adopted the old (AFL footy) culture,,, he is still the victim of those bullies from years back, by trying to act like them. Deep down he knows whats right, but he wants, like all elite sportsman,, to be loved & admired by all sports watchers. Again he is @ our mercy.

He needs to stop playing to the crowds for adoration,,, & start playing for his peers adoration, & his loved ones adoration.

He's got his work cutout before him. I hope he can cut it.

The worst thing to happen to Fev was his wife leaving back to Melbourne.

I really, really feel for the bloke. Hundreds of people every weekend [censored] on public places and carry on like fools, yet Fev has been made out like he has murdered someone. Give him some help and get off his back.

The worst thing to happen to Fev was his wife leaving back to Melbourne.

I really, really feel for the bloke. Hundreds of people every weekend [censored] on public places and carry on like fools, yet Fev has been made out like he has murdered someone. Give him some help and get off his back.

Exactly, he's being persecuted because he's a LAD & a rebel & he's big, so he's easy prey for the Journo's. He's been stupid on more counts you'ld want to mention, but he's really quite innocent.

The Danger is, if they back him too hard into a corner,,,, then he really might do something crazy. He does need support & strong quality leadership about him.

Edited by dee-luded

In isolation all he has done is drink too much on New years eve.

However he is an alcoholic with numerous transgressions and like a lot of achololics

he gets agressive when he drinks.

I think that Brisbane is stuck with him unless the AFL suspends his license to play AFL

e.g. Cousins.

The call will have been made to the AFL

until they decide the Bris line will be he has asked for leave to sort himself out.

If the AFL suspend him Brisbane is off the hook.

If not Brisbane is stuck with him.

Unfortunately he is no rocket scientist and now may be the end!

No football cheque and with big bebts it would not surprise to see him do something very silly.

I hope not but it looks grim.

Exactly, he's being persecuted because he's a LAD & a rebel & he's big, so he's easy prey for the Journo's. He's been stupid on more counts you'ld want to mention, but he's really quite innocent.

The Danger is, if they back him too hard into a corner,,,, then he really might do something crazy. He does need support & strong quality leadership about him.

I don't think he is being persecuted "dee-luded" his list of Alcoholic episodes is long.

He is not "really quite innocent" the guy is 30, has a wife and children.

However he is an Alcoholic, pure and simple, in Australia he has a lot of mates

However that does not excuse him.

I hope he can realise what he is and stop drinking that is the only way out for him.

The alternative as you suggest is bad.

I don't think he is being persecuted "dee-luded" his list of Alcoholic episodes is long.

He is not "really quite innocent" the guy is 30, has a wife and children.

However he is an Alcoholic, pure and simple, in Australia he has a lot of mates

However that does not excuse him.

I hope he can realise what he is and stop drinking that is the only way out for him.

The alternative as you suggest is bad.

I never said he was innocent. He's been guilty of being an Idiot many times over. But the Media & the frenzy that builds around these stories, is way over the top when you quietly way them up, against others bad deeds. Benny, or Wayne or others have done many, quite bad things and haven't been pursued to this level of blame.

I can't help but feel that Fev has taken some of the angst away from the Blues really poor form. Blame Fev, he was there, it must have been him. The handcuffed lad on the boat. Fev wasn't there. Not to much noise there, It died down quick. Just a storm in a six pack.

The Brisbane Lions poor season, blame Fev. He was there. It must have been him. Not the coach for his recruiting or strategies, or what he traded out. Or the Injuries to Brown & Fev at the same time. Fev cops the lions share of the blame!

That O/S incident with the Irish. I thought there were other players involved in stuff as well. Where did that noise go about them? Fev again! Why does he end up always the media focal point when others slip out the side door?

He's been a dude,,, but he doesn't deserve the hatred he's getting.

I'd have him as a mate over that Roos champ that cheated the club. And I'd have him as a mate over that Teflon Blue, or Green imposter. You know you'ld be with someone who would look out for you. Old fashioned values, the sort our WW11 diggers where proud of. Just a bit of a dyckhed. Who needs some direction.

Edited by dee-luded

I never said he was innocent. He's been guilty of being an Idiot many times over. But the Media & the frenzy that builds around these stories, is way over the top when you quietly way them up, against others bad deeds. Benny, or Wayne or others have done many, quite bad things and haven't been pursued to this level of blame.

I can't help but feel that Fev has taken some of the angst away from the Blues really poor form. Blame Fev, he was there, it must have been him. The handcuffed lad on the boat. Fev wasn't there. Not to much noise there, It died down quick. Just a storm in a six pack.

The Brisbane Lions poor season, blame Fev. He was there. It must have been him. Not the coach for his recruiting or strategies, or what he traded out. Or the Injuries to Brown & Fev at the same time. Fev cops the lions share of the blame!

That O/S incident with the Irish. I thought there were other players involved in stuff as well. Where did that noise go about them? Fev again! Why does he end up always the media focal point when others slip out the side door?

He's been a dude,,, but he doesn't deserve the hatred he's getting.

I'd have him as a mate over that Roos champ that cheated the club. And I'd have him as a mate over that Teflon Blue, or Green imposter. You know you'ld be with someone who would look out for you. Old fashioned values, the sort our WW11 diggers where proud of. Just a bit of a dyckhed. Who needs some direction.

I am not trying to get up your nose, go back and read the end of second last line.

It says " but he is really quite innocent"

Whatever else he is it is not "innocent"

Depends on your perception of guilt & innocence and what crime we are discussing.

Yes, he is guilty of being locked up on new years. That's a fact, whether he deserved it or not.

No, I personally don't think he is guilty of a crime that should bring about the termination of his contract & end his AFL career.

is he out of control ?

moved on to brisbane never wanted to go their he wanted to stay in vic and was hoping for the saints.

since he has gone up their he has moved away from family which live in Narre Warren.

lost his wife and kids which all where home sick and moved back to vic.

he has a club around him but does he want them around is the question.

loins should let him go and focus on his life issues for the rest of the year like benny Cousin's did.

and l hope to god to see him again on a AFL footy field soon.

lets face it he is good to watch and can play when he is focused

A big gamble that failed for the Lions. Sure, they got Fev but from that they lost Bradshaw, Joel Macdonald, Lachie Henderson, Kane Lucas plus Brennan and Rischi for money reasons as well. Could be Voss' undoing as a coach.

Absolutely - Brisbane played ladders and found a snake - they went the short cut route and got rooted. I am so sorry for them...not.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

Far be it for me to defend a tool like Fev but I feel I must. He was drunk and a bit out of order.. not enough to ruin his life... Get him off the grog for three years and then let's forget him and leave him alone to destroy his life if that's what he wants. In my fifty five years I would have been in that condition quite a few times but not being a recognisable celebrity, and possibly (I hope) a little less loud than he was I have managed somehow to come out intact. I really hope that he learns but doubt he will but at least for the next three or so years he pulls his bloody head in. He is after all only a footballer not a role model not an academic and not very smart but a good player

I am not trying to get up your nose, go back and read the end of second last line.

It says " but he is really quite innocent"

Whatever else he is it is not "innocent"

Whoa, OD,,, I didn't feel put back or hostile or any angst personally from your post. My response had no anger in it at all. just a calm discuss - response.

No offence taken Nor given, just a communication.

You know you'ld be with someone who would look out for you. Old fashioned values, the sort our WW11 diggers where proud of. Just a bit of a dyckhed. Who needs some direction.

Now that is a counter intuitive leap right there...

He's just one of the lads that gropes women in bathrooms and takes on police when he is drunk.

Does anyone else cringe when this is the supposed culture we adore - the larrikin?

Or is 'the larrikin' someone other than a drunken, abusive, cheating, lout?

Having just returned from Bali where normally I am far removed from loutish behavior, i feel I could find few excuses for my fellow countrymen and women. Im not a prude but it seemed there were no "Good Behavior" bonds in place.

I just wish they had sent some Qld police to Legian/Seminyak during Xmas and new Year, they would have been pretty busy!

Cant help but think Fev was a scapegoat.

Now that is a counter intuitive leap right there...

He's just one of the lads that gropes women in bathrooms and takes on police when he is drunk.

Does anyone else cringe when this is the supposed culture we adore - the larrikin?

Or is 'the larrikin' someone other than a drunken, abusive, cheating, lout?

I think you'll find thats Not the normal person inside I was referring to, the kid inside, but moreso the Ogre of ols afl culture & P!ss.

I suspect the real person isn't like that, but the showman he's lost his way into,,, is that person when P!ssed. Thats what Mens groups & therapy & Dr's or therapists uncover & sort out. They also sort Narcisistic personalities as well.

Old larrakinism has nothing to do with assault. There seperate things. But a larrikin may also be Narcisistic as well, I believe, compounding that issue.

PS: The groping thing is more a product of his illness. Nothing to do with being an old fashioned Lad.

Many Lads, in fact I'd say most,,, have Not assaulted people in these types of ways. But addicted Drunks who are Ill, big & strong, well, there may be a problem brewing.

Edited by dee-luded