ST. KILDA IN STRIFE

Grandson of a gun

No need. I would only write the same response to it.

The article is not making a judgment call on homosexuality. It is merely pointing out that there is a seemingly taboo subtext to this whole story that is getting lost in all the hoo-ha about this silly 17yo girl.

And that taboo subtext is worth discussing, however unpalatable it may be to the conservative folk among us.

The subtext?

You mean discussing whether Roo-y is gay?

It's none of our business to discuss, but please make a fool of yourself.

Have you seen the photos rpfc? What's your take on them?

My take is that it is none of my business.

Unless it is proven they have done something illegal or morally reprehensible (I don't consider sexual preference as being reprehensible) then why should I care about what a footy player is doing with his naughty bits in front of a camera?

I have now seen the pics. Hoorah. What an unfortunate set of circumstances. What the hell was going through their big heads? I think SG needs some help too! And NR, I have heard of manscaping but that is a closer shave than a Gillette MACH 3 FFS.

post-5796-129299514909_thumb.jpg

Edited by nostradeemus

My take is that it is none of my business.

Unless it is proven they have done something illegal or morally reprehensible (I don't consider sexual preference as being reprehensible) then why should I care about what a footy player is doing with his naughty bits in front of a camera?

Nicely played, with a straight bat. Pardon the pun.

Can't argue with your political correctness. The reality is though that sexuality, particularly among our celebrities and star sportspeople, is very much an issue within the media and broader community.

The reality is though that sexuality, particularly among our celebrities and star sportspeople, is very much an issue within the media and broader community.

And you, it would seem.

We may be getting some unwanted publicty

"In an interview with the Gold Coast Bulletin, the 17-year-old claimed to have 19 unreleased and compromising photos of players from Sydney, Melbourne, Collingwood, St Kilda, Richmond, Perth and Carlton clubs.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-offered-counselling-to-st-kilda-photos-teen/story-e6frfkvr-1225974965379#ixzz18opVOJME"

Depends on what happens with the court case.

We may be getting some unwanted publicty

"In an interview with the Gold Coast Bulletin, the 17-year-old claimed to have 19 unreleased and compromising photos of players from Sydney, Melbourne, Collingwood, St Kilda, Richmond, Perth and Carlton clubs.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-offered-counselling-to-st-kilda-photos-teen/story-e6frfkvr-1225974965379#ixzz18opVOJME"

Depends on what happens with the court case.

That has been mentioned a number of times already...

I'm still really sceptical about photos of other players from other clubs. To me she's full of BS. It's funny how she's now posted a video saying she is wondering whether or not to post the photos of other players. Fame seeking, money grubbing, hoar :)

- Although if it's a Collingwood player it wouldn't surprise me :)

Edited by Watt and Howe?

I would be fascinated to know how many different AFL Footballers this girl has been horizontal with...i am guessing dozens & dozens, so what we are now hearing could be the Tip of the iceberg stuff.

I have no doubt in the long term she will go down, but she knows or has people telling her how far she can push this situation. She is going to set fire to many houses before the law drags her away.

Once a photo is up on an internet page it is Public Property- The same rule applies on Demonland. We can all download anything on here in less than a second.

This Little Lady has gone out with SG for a short time, has jumped on to his computer at some stage (maybe been given the password) and come across all these photos. Sam has possibly made a folder with "Footy Player Photos" or something like that, maybe a lot of different photos have been sent to him via the mobile, and he has just put them all in the one folder for a laugh.

The Girl has found them, & looked at them.

Later after the 2 have split or had a blue she has gone to the computer with a USB stick copied the lot, and thought "Right i will fix you lot"

Meanwhile stupidly SG has pretty much forgotten that the folder exists.....No excuse, but possible.

as we all know those photos can be anywhere within seconds.

This Saga is only just beginning....But it has already hurt the aints big time...

Edited by why you little

I would be fascinated to know how many different AFL Footballers this girl has been horizontal with...i am guessing dozens & dozens, so what we are now hearing could be the Tip of the iceberg stuff.

I have no doubt in the long term she will go down, but she knows or has people telling her how far she can push this situation. She is going to set fire to many houses before the law drags her away.

Once a photo is up on an internet page it is Public Property- The same rule applies on Demonland. We can all download anything on here in less than a second.

This Little Lady has gone out with SG for a short time, has jumped on to his computer at some stage (maybe been given the password) and come across all these photos. Sam has possibly made a folder with "Footy Player Photos" or something like that, maybe a lot of different photos have been sent to him via the mobile, and he has just put them all in the one folder for a laugh.

The Girl has found them, & looked at them.

Later after the 2 have split or had a blue she has gone to the computer with a USB stick copied the lot, and thought "Right i will fix you lot"

Meanwhile stupidly SG has pretty much forgotten that the folder exists.....No excuse, but possible.

as we all know those photos can be anywhere within seconds.

This Saga is only just beginning....But it has already hurt the aints big time...

Given the stuff I stumble across on m computer, forgetting something that is a year old is easy.

Absolutely, but she didn't take the photo's so it has to be something along those lines...

For mine this is the main (and only) real point in this photo-saga.

She's (allegedly) stolen photos and published them in the public doman deliberately because of their embarassing content.

For mine this is the main (and only) real point in this photo-saga.

She's (allegedly) stolen photos and published them in the public doman deliberately because of their embarassing content.

Yes and she also knows or is being guided, that posting these Photos for maximum effect is not yet illegal, and i do not see how it ever will be.

FWIW I also have issues with Channel 9 news speculating on her mental state of mind.

Whether or not what she has done is wrong, I think the fact that she is under 18 (well under 18 when these original events occured) should be taken into heavy consideration when presenting this "news."

Personally, I think the best outcome for all parties is that this blows just blows over - as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately for her, she's chosen to reveal her real name and will now have to live for it - but this, IMO, does not mean major news organisations should publish (or speculate on) her personal life and mental well-being.

If she has more photo's, which I assume she does, but doubt the players faces are visible so there's no point releasing them... It wouldn't necessarily mean she got them all from SG's computer. In fact I highly doubt SG has players from other clubs naked on his computer.

I have / had pictures of a former Demons player and his exposed member on my old phone, and other assorted pictures. Not that I'm into that sort of thing, a friend of mine would just send them on to me for a laugh.

Here's the deal, these players take photo's of themselves and send them via text or other medium to chicks, nude, in undies, flexing etc... It's just what they do, I've seen heaps of them. I shudder to think how many of them are amongst circles of good looking women, 1000's.

The girls would share them around, I bet even the players share ones of other players amongst friends if it's funny / sleazy enough.

So it would be extremely easy for this girl to gather 20 odd photos of footy players doing stupid things, extremely easy.

FWIW I also have issues with Channel 9 news speculating on her mental state of mind.

Whether or not what she has done is wrong, I think the fact that she is under 18 (well under 18 when these original events occured) should be taken into heavy consideration when presenting this "news."

Personally, I think the best outcome for all parties is that this blows just blows over - as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately for her, she's chosen to reveal her real name and will now have to live for it - but this, IMO, does not mean major news organisations should publish (or speculate on) her personal life and mental well-being.

It's what the Media feeds on 45. Listen to SEN at any random time, when these stories surface the Chief of staff at any News Organization goes "YES" milk it.

I have worked in 2 seperate TV news rooms over the years and they are both the same. Football & sex will always sell advertising space. When both are involved together....Jackpot Time.