Trapper on the outer at the Lions

Chelly

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007

Why would you bother claiming there are other reasons for Travis being dropped besides poor form, if you are so upset by the very idea of saying what they are?

As strange as it may sound, nothing here upsets me. In fact I accept it as par for the course.

Please note, this is ALL I am asking you. I'm not asking if Trapper can help us win 12 games instead of 8, I'm not asking if Trapper played well against North and Collingwood last year, I'm not asking if you should or should not believe everything you read in the paper, I'm not asking if you are the resident simpleton, or if you are being unfairly called such.

To emphasise, I only want to know why you would say that there are other reasons for Travis getting dropped, and then refuse to name those reasons.

Hehehe ... the very thing that many crave around here they will never get. Why? You have to read the forum in its entirety. Sadly, & I wish this was not the case.

Just as an aside (the argument is really an arument is it?), I am concerned about the idea that reading newspapers is not a good way of forming opinions.

This is what people like Sarah Palin are doing to our society - don't read these biased newspapers! Get your info from what? Forums, blogs, and the homeless guy that washes your windscreen even though you said that you didn't want him to but you feel guilty so you give him a coin but you only have gold?

If you are informing yourself from these means; then this sentence is an oxymoron. A paradox.

Edited by rpfc

Just as an aside (the argument is really an arument is it?), I am concerned about the idea that reading newspapers is not a good way of forming opinions.

This is what people like Sarah Palin are doing to our society - don't read these biased newspapers! Get your info from what? Forums, blogs, and the homeless guy that washes your windscreen even though you said that you didn't want him to but you feel guilty so you give him a coin but you only have gold?

If you are informing yourself from these means; then this sentence is an oxymoron. A paradox.

you've gotta get yourself outa Canberra rpfc and mix with some real people

don't you realise that the newspapers are part of a world wide conspiracy to . . . (sorry can't go any deeper they may be monitoring)

Our town usually gathers at the 'ol community centre once a week where the local paster informs us of the weekly tidings.

Guest hangon007

I rest my case your honour for the third time.

Its so damn obvious to some. That many around here dont bother to (as bad as this may sound)

a/ Watch Junior football.

b/ Dont watch opposition teams play.

c/ IMHO I'm not even sure they actually watch us play with open eyes.

d/ Care more about their own image than looking for the truth.

Instead they draw their opinions from "newspaper the internet & youtube." I suspect those sources dont always get it right, or at times are being "given" the "facts" to suit certain arguments. However, thats only my narrowly, held view.

All be it they are very intelligent and quite articulate. In fact ... far more intelligent & articulate than me. However, I'm not scared to admit that fact.

However, this is not about me. Is it? Well not for me at least. I dont give a damn about me.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Our town usually gathers at the 'ol community centre once a week where the local paster informs us of the weekly tidings.

You might just learn something if you listened to that silly old (my terminology not your) "local pastor" occasional. But then again ... some might not.

Guest hangon007

you've gotta get yourself outa Canberra rpfc and mix with some real people

don't you realise that the newspapers are part of a world wide conspiracy to . . . (sorry can't go any deeper they may be monitoring)

Conspiracy ... No. Deal with purely the "facts" 100% of the time well I will leave that up to you. B)

Conspiracy ... No. Deal with purely the "facts" 100% of the time well I will leave that up to you. B)

Why are the facts implied?

This mystery is getting more mysterious by the minute...

Guest hangon007

Why are the facts implied?

This mystery is getting more mysterious by the minute...

No mystery my friend. Read between the lines yourself. If you can't ... well then it will always be a "mystery" to you.

I think I've made my point of view more than clear, on more than one occasion around here. Except I dont choose to do it on as many threads as others.

No mystery my friend. Read between the lines yourself. If you can't ... well then it will always be a "mystery" to you.

I think I've made my point of view more than clear, on more than one occasion around here. Except I dont choose to do it on as many threads as others.

It is a mystery because you allude to shenanigans with no substance other than "don't trust what you read in papers all the time."

Is the point of your argument not to take the press as gospel, or are you implying that there is something else attributing to Trappers demise?

If it is the latter, indulge us. You don't want to be called a "fact tease," or even worse, full of shh..

This thread should have been good for a few throw away opinions and thats it.

Like MOST threads should be. But to have an idea, albeit an out there one, is against demonland law. The know-it-alls come out and give their all-knowing brand of condescending garbage, then it turns into this slanging match...

At least in the proper season you get a new game every weekend as a clean slate.

I'ts called an opinion based forum. If your opinions are baseless they are going to get scrutinised. Deal with it.

edit; with all due respect

Edited by nostradeemus

I think you just broke my brain...

I'ts called an opinion based forum. If your opinions are baseless they are going to get scrutinised. Deal with it.

edit; with all due respect

Who said anything about anyone having a problem with being scrutinised? It's the MANNER in which people are scrutinised that concerns me. What's more, an opinion has every right to be baseless. It's an opinion. Belongs to one person only. Therefore, scrutinise away. But do so without the narky little, pseudo intellectual one-upmanship we so often see, even from mods. Jesus it gets old for those of us who are here a lot.

What's more, it's your above (edited) manners that highlight my point. Why can't everyone at least attempt a bit of decorum like you have? Why so often do you get one poster talking down to... well... everyone else? It's childish, and deliberately provocative and everyone knows it. There's only one demonland... we all have to share it.

Yes it may be an opinion based forum, but the way the above turned into a catty little [censored]-fest is what nearly ended it all for 'ology. Or were you not around then?

I meant to say if a supposed fact was baseless it could be scrutinised, not an opinion- editing oversight. Yeah opinions are just that; opinions.

We are a passionate lot here, and apparently bored in the off season. I've found myself trying to bait people lately to try to get a reaction and more often than not find the insuing argument leaves me feeling like a bit of a tool, as all these arguments are usually trivial matters. And I should keep in mind there are some young posters out there. I wouldn't want to be discouraged from posting here and I woulnd't want to be discourage anyone else.

What happened over at 'Ology? No idea?

Get your hand off it.

I cop worse than that on a daily basis.

Hand off what? Your lack of social intelligence is astounding.

Maybe you could try keeping on topic rather than being a keyboard hero, your typing just for the sake of it.

Move on little boy.

Who said anything about anyone having a problem with being scrutinised? It's the MANNER in which people are scrutinised that concerns me. What's more, an opinion has every right to be baseless. It's an opinion. Belongs to one person only. Therefore, scrutinise away. But do so without the narky little, pseudo intellectual one-upmanship we so often see, even from mods. Jesus it gets old for those of us who are here a lot.

What's more, it's your above (edited) manners that highlight my point. Why can't everyone at least attempt a bit of decorum like you have? Why so often do you get one poster talking down to... well... everyone else? It's childish, and deliberately provocative and everyone knows it. There's only one demonland... we all have to share it.

Yes it may be an opinion based forum, but the way the above turned into a catty little [censored]-fest is what nearly ended it all for 'ology. Or were you not around then?

Well said. It's so easy to be a cheap shot artist when hiding behind a computer. But is a problem for all forums. If not well moderated things can get out of control. In well run forums moderators won't let this kind of nonsense persist. On this forum most swear words are banned because we have many "young members" but its OK to abuse and humiliate others in far worse nasty and bitchy ways.

I think the mods should take a stand or this forum is going to lose rational members, be dominated by [censored] and lose all credibility.

Edited by High Tower
unnecessary language

Well said. It's so easy to be a cheap shot artist when hiding behind a computer. But is a problem for all forums. If not well moderated things can get out of control. In well run forums moderators won't let this kind of nonsense persist. On this forum most swear words are banned because we have many "young members" but its OK to abuse and humiliate others in far worse nasty and bitchy ways.

I think the mods should take a stand or this forum is going to lose rational members, be dominated by [censored] and lose all credibility.

It's subjective though.

Many on here would think of me as a [censored], but many would think the opposite.

Who decides?

One thing that could happen is that there should be a 'credibility meter' tied to your ranking as 'Red and Blue' or master Demon or whatever they are called. As you say things that are petty and rude it affects your credibility.

I would also include irrational arguments and statements without a hint of fact or thought.

Edited by High Tower
unnecessary language

Guest hangon007

It is a mystery because you allude to shenanigans

No I did not. Maybe thats what you (& maybe others)are trying to read into it.

I will say it again. I will never "bag or insult" any of our past or present players. I much prefer to look for the positives.

When it comes to Trapper (who I'm personally still a massive fan ... if you havn't noticed), as I said the "honour" of being the first pick in a draft was a heavy cross to bare. Yet I also appreciate it was a good decision to let him go when we did.

Is the point of your argument not to take the press as gospel,

Yes, not all of the time. Most recent AFL example I can think of was Hutchies report of the "Melbourne trade deal for Hale".

Hutchies "bulldust" claim we offered up pick 12 where wrong. However, did that stop him reporting it & others believing it?

or are you implying that there is something else attributing to Trappers demise?

I would never have a go at Trapper. If I was ever to point a finger at anyone I would much rather have a go at Michael Voss creditability when it comes to list management & player liaison.

Ultimately, if Trapper stays at Brisbane I will wish him and his family all the best.

If Brisbane let him go, I would love the MFC at least take the opportunity to have a "chat" with him, hoping he can perform "a role" to help our kids traverse the gap to make the finals.

You don't want to be called a "fact tease," or even worse, full of shh..

I dont care what others think about me. Thats half my point! This is not about me.

Edited by hangon007

If Brisbane let him go, I would love the MFC at least take the opportunity to have a "chat" with him, hoping he can perform "at role" to help our kids traverse the gap to make the finals.

I dont care what others think about me. Thats half my point! This is not about me.

I think our kids would do more for Trapper than he would for them.

And about that last point - you obviously do care about what others think. Otherwise you would get a blog and disable the comments.

Then you can yell at the ocean - and accuse it of groupthink - to your hearts content.