• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

You Blokes and Ladies may already be aware of the ESPN Podcasts but here's the link

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/

My favourites are the ones that are posted Tuesday morning ( our time )

In order of preference

1 - The B.S Report with Bill Simmons and Cousin Sal - they go through next weeks NFL games - often good for a laugh as well .

2 - The Tony Kornheiser Show - it's his Washington based radio show - again , some laughs and is sports based with a fair bit of NFL .

3 - The Thundering Herd - Colin Cowherd - topical , hard hitting , opinionated , big on NFL .

4 - Football Today - They go through their NFL rankings in the Tuesday (our time) Podcast .

PTI , ESPN Daily , First Take are worth a listen as well - I usually watch PTI though - the podcast is the total audio from the TV program .

Miami are playing quite well and the Cowboys are often their own worst enemy .

Will Vick be back (fit) this week vs the Pats ? Young was very good last week .

Edit - just heard that Vick is a longshot this week against the Pats .

If Young had screwed up badly, the Eagles would play Vick. They do have a tendency to lean on him. Reid's mancrush on him is intense. And it's fair enough too. The losses we've had have not been his fault by any stretch.

Thing with Young, he'll throw an Int for every TD he drives you to. With a defence allowing only 29 yards rushing, and only giving up 10 points... that's better than any NFL team's average... on both counts.... by a mile. ANY quarterback would win. Vick would have won by a lot more.

I'll take Vick at 80% over Young. But then, Young at 100% and with a LOT of confidence out of that game would be better than a winged Vick. Give me until the second half of the game I might change my tune. Especially with our secondary leaking big plays to Brady.

Meh. Why are we talking about Eagles? They don't deserve any attention.

By the way Nuggets, how can you NOT have any wild enthusiasm for the Pack at the moment? I gotta say if my tea were playing like them I'd be going off my tree. Or the niners for that matter.

After so many years it's great to see the 49ers winning week after week. If I'm loving that, just imagine when the Dees start doing the same!

Yeah WJ , there's a few on this thread that follow the 49ers .

It's always good to see new Teams in the hunt - Detroit , Houston and to a lesser extent Oakland , Cincinatti and Denver have made the season really interesting .

You had a huge win against the Giants 2 weeks ago and this week @ Baltimore should be a beauty and a tough game .

All 3 games are on the box tomorrow ( foxtel and ESPN ) And ONEhd have got the 2 early games on live as well ! I'll watch the Packers early , then 2 games for Friday night - Ripper !

By the way Nuggets, how can you NOT have any wild enthusiasm for the Pack at the moment? I gotta say if my tea were playing like them I'd be going off my tree. Or the niners for that matter.

Maybe I'm not used to one of my Teams winning all the time !

And , as you know - in the NFL you just can't get ahead of yourself - One Player ( usually the QB ) is so important .

I'm still filthy about losing to the Giants in the '08 Championship game btw . And I well remember what happened to the Pats that same year .

I reckon in this sport anything goes sometimes - a late hit on a QB is always on the cards .

If I was a Bears fan I'd be annoyed - just starting to come good and bang - down goes Cutler . Bit the same with Houston and Schaub . Though hopefully Leinart steps up to the plate .

Edited by Nuggets

Well not at work at the moment, I managed to get onto the coach and turn the phone off the hook, Pack continued their unbeaten record,

gee they keep on roling with ease! Ndamukong Suh continues to sully his reputation though, got ejected and will most likely face more discipline.

The Cowboys-Dolphins game was an interesting one, Miami had their chances, Dallas seemingly havent hit any heights at all, but are crucially winning.

Not good for the GIants and Eagles!

Just abut to get to the main event. First time ever two brothers have coached head-to-head in NFL history tonight, and Mon & Pop Harbaugh celebrate

their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow, what a weekend for this family.

No Ray Lewis its just been announced which is a big plus for the Niners. If I had one of those foam hats with the drinking straws out of the top of them,.

I'd be totally wearing one right now sipping away, this is gonna be a treat!

Yikes. Now season's officially over. I don't know how that works, that it was over 6 weeks ago, but somehow they were still a chance.

Fire sale at Philly... Jackson, Rodgers-Cromartie, Reid... Rollins and Howard from the Phillies... Going cheap.

Massive loss today to the Pats for your boys. And yes if it wasnt already, thats definitely season over put a fork in it.

Just finished watching the Bears-Raiders game, the Raiders keep their momentum up, although apart from the last ten minutes it was a fairly

dull game. Dont think either of these two teams will be going very deep this season.

We got nothing. They'll use injuries as an excuse, but I think they're a bottom 10 side. Maybe even bottom 6. A lot of other apparently crap teams, with as easy a draw as the eagles have had, would have racked up as many wins as the Eagles, or more. And if Tebow can get the Broncos up, but Vick can't, that says a lot about the quality of the DC and OC, as well as the team in general.

Awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Know next to nothing re NFL but am a Chargers fan thanks to the MFC link with Darren Bennett so thought id check out some of there clothing online. Through ebay picked up an awesome Chargers cap and tee and also some great Hurley and Quiksilver gear that i dont think is available in Aus. Was through a sport clothing site called Fanatics. Took 4 - 6 weeks for delivery but was well priced and professional all the way so highly recommended to anyone interested.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of big results today, in a couple of very important divisions.

AFC North - The Ravens get smashed by the rejuvenated Chargers, and now leave the door wide open

for the Steelers to take the lead in the conference if they can overcome my faltering 49ers in MNF

tomorrow (as I expect they will).

NFC East - I watched the Cowboys beat the Bucs on Friday they didnt do anything special but

just enough to get the job done, and are a now a game clear after the Giants shock loss to Rex

Grossman and the Skins. The Eagles are alooking a bit better again with VIck back at the helm

but are another game again back, a tough task.

The Saints now take the mantle as the most in-form team in the league right now, Breese's streak

of touchdown passes in games continues and he is on pace to beat Marinos all time season yardage

mark, will he or Rodgers get the MVP? Rodgers is on course to beat a whole swag of Packers franchise

records, but for mine it'd be Breese right now. They are marching towards the week off and home field advantage.

The Pack lose their first and the Colts actually win one! Lucky I didnt have my multibet this week as those two

wouldve been the first two legs I wouldve lost on...

A couple of big results today, in a couple of very important divisions.

AFC North - The Ravens get smashed by the rejuvenated Chargers, and now leave the door wide open

for the Steelers to take the lead in the conference if they can overcome my faltering 49ers in MNF

tomorrow (as I expect they will).

NFC East - I watched the Cowboys beat the Bucs on Friday they didnt do anything special but

just enough to get the job done, and are a now a game clear after the Giants shock loss to Rex

Grossman and the Skins. The Eagles are alooking a bit better again with VIck back at the helm

but are another game again back, a tough task.

The Saints now take the mantle as the most in-form team in the league right now, Breese's streak

of touchdown passes in games continues and he is on pace to beat Marinos all time season yardage

mark, will he or Rodgers get the MVP? Rodgers is on course to beat a whole swag of Packers franchise

records, but for mine it'd be Breese right now. They are marching towards the week off and home field advantage.

The Pack lose their first and the Colts actually win one! Lucky I didnt have my multibet this week as those two

wouldve been the first two legs I wouldve lost on...

The loss we had to have re the Packers . Though our lack of a running game is a worry . We need James Starks back asap .

San Diego are in with a chance as well but they'll need a few cards falling their way .

Huge game tomorrow with your 49ers against the Steelers - hoping Big Ben plays and we get a great match .

Rex got a win , the Tebow show was halted , Detroit had a great comeback win and the Eagles were supreme .

Wow! The Colts win their second game of the year, I almost turned this game off, after the first play of the day was a turnover that led to a Texans touchdown within the first minute, I was thinking a route may be on the cards. The game then turned into a bit of a snooze fest, I was that close to pulling the plug, but stuck it out, Orlovsky looked more

and more comfortable as the game went on, and thanks to some silly defensive penalties that gifted the Colts succesive first downs in the final drive, they got the W, hitting the lead with only 20 seconds to go, great game!

Also stoked at the MNF result, managed to tape it and watch it Monday night, Big Ben was clearly unfit which was kind of disappointing, but the Niners were not. Aldon Smith, the beast, is fast becoming one of my favorite players to watch on defense for the Niners, hes having an outstanding rookie season and justifying his high draft pick position. If we can keep Frank Gore fully fit, and get Braylon Edwards and Patrick Willis back on the field and healthy then i think we can edge the Saints for the #2 seed in the NFC.

Still no rushing TDs conceded by the defence this year, clearly the foundation our season has been built on.

The battle of New York promises to be the pick of the games this weekend for mine...

• 2 weeks later...

Brad Wing couldn't make it at the Sandy Dragons but he's doing ok in college football in the States: Brad Wing, cut by the Sandringham Dragons, finds fame as a US college punter

He will be in the action in the BCS National Championship game between LSU and Alabama. The game will be telecast live on ESPN on Tuesday at 12:30pm.

Brad Wing couldn't make it at the Sandy Dragons but he's doing ok in college football in the States: Brad Wing, cut by the Sandringham Dragons, finds fame as a US college punter

He will be in the action in the BCS National Championship game between LSU and Alabama. The game will be telecast live on ESPN on Tuesday at 12:30pm.

Thanks for that WJ , read the article the other day . Amazing where life can take you sometimes . I'll have a look at the game later that day . Did they play a few months ago ? 9 - 6 scoreline to LSU ?

As for this weeks games , all the favourites should win though there's nearly always an upset or 2 . Your team ( the 49ers ) and mine ( the Packers ) await .

Good luck to Houston . There's a couple on this thread that support them .

Unfortunately for Wing, the most coverage he';s seemingly had on ESPN is for his premature celebration meaning the TD didnt count. Still they have also had a couple of mini features on the "Wing Dance". Lets hope he gets drafted by an NFL side, you can never have too many Aussie Punters in the league!

My partner works with a close friend of Matt McBriar, McBriar flew all of his friends and family to Hawaii for his marriage in the last offseason, so clearly the punting wage is pretty good too!

Of todays games, I'm only watching the Lions-Saints game now, was kinda hoping the Lions wouldve got up as I fear the Niners having to face a white-hot Bledsoe next week.

Houston probably did what was expected against the Bengals today, the Cinci have to be wrapt with the way Andy Dalton's rookie season has panned out. If it wasnt for a certain Carolina Panther, he'd be a shoe in as the pick of the rookie QBs.

I expect Baltimore to smother the Texans next week though, that stifling defence of theirs is a game style tailor made for the playoffs. So too is the Niners similar game plan bulit first and foremost on defence, however I think on form of the last 6-7 weeks that the Saints will have the edge, even at Candlestick.

Tomorrow mornings Wildcard games (Ive already set the alarm clock!) should see the Steelers crush the out of form at the wrong time of year Broncos (cue endless analysis on Tebows true worth once more!).

And I think the Giants with Mannings unnerring ability to orchestrate last quarter comebacks built on long, long scoring drives to be too good for the Falcons, Julio Jones has proven to be an astute draft maoeuvre to get for Atlanta though, hes shown as a rookie he has all the tools to be a great receiver.

Im generally one of "those" NFL fans, that jumps on board at this time of season, and while its true again this season, i have watched more games than i normally would. I understand the game at a generic level, but i do love the fact that every single game counts, unlike baseball and to an extent basketball.

the main reason is that ive never had a team to go for, and after watching the college national game last year and seeing newton dominate, has turned me into small panthers fan.

So i look foward to the next few weeks, just hoping that the giants or saints dont get up.

Yeah 16 games in the regular season of NFL, versus 162 regular season games in MLB (zzzz....) or 82 games in the NBA (in a regular, non strike affected year).

You can see why all games are so important in football, thats why I love it, the fans rollercoaster of emotions can change so quickly..

It pains me to say this because there is nothing I love more than Melbourne FC but it is by far the best run game in the world and in turn makes it one of the most exciting seasons. The powerbrokers in this game have set it up that the game changes every week, every year; teams fluctuate, good rules changes etc etc just makes it amazing to watch.

Btw I'm so anti-Tebow but wow today I couldn't take my eyes off the TV!

Tips - 49ers , Pats , Ravens ( though I would like the Texans to win ) and of course the Packers ( in a close one ) .

San Francisco have been terrific all year and have a real hard nosed Head coach . This should be a great game .

The Tebow show will end you'd think esp at New England . Brady to step up .

Baltimore should be too strong but Houston were good last week and could surprise .

And the New York Giants are very good away from home so I'll be happy with any sort of win .

Denver provided the upset last week so who's it gonna be this week ? ( if at all ) Saints are favoured but I reckon that game should be even money

Looking forward to all 4 games - bring it on !