Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

Really? The College game (I'm sort of a default Crimson Tide fan), I just can't keep up with.

As for the big games... The NFC East is going to be the big game division week in week out from here on in, I think. Or at least be up there. Mostly because of the profile of teams like Giants and Dallas, and how close that division might end up being.

I would LOVE it if they did what the AFL did. Gave us something to watch 5 out of 7 days. They have enough games to do that. You could even divvy it up so that clubs play Sunday and Monday night games for half a season... then a bye to readjust... then go into less favoured time slots so everyone gets a go at it. Would be awesome. Football that often! Standings/ladder would be pretty hard to follow too, but we love that.

Question for all NFL acolytes here.

How in favour of the "conference" and "division" system are we in terms of the AFL?

I'm 90%+ in favour of it. The only reason not to be would be the lack of enough teams. The idea that you'd obviously put interstate teams all in one division, and the Vics in another, whoch would mean they'd travel more. And that it's non traditional... IMO though, tradition has to at least in part be overlooked, as there's really not a lot in an 18 team comp that's the same as the traditional all-in ladder.

The Americans love their Friday night High School games plus Saturday College games that you couldn't extend the NFL beyond the traditional timeslots. Plus the big difference is the TV programming over there is very good during the 2 Sunday afternoon timeslots that the supporters over there wouldn't complain. The 2 Sunday afternoon broadcasters (CBS and Fox) do a great job of keeping you up to date on different games and a dedicated 24 hour NFL Channel.

Yeah. I like what I've seen of Luck. How much would it hurt if the Colts bumbled their ways to having him after having Peyton all this time. Yikes.

For one of the first times in history I can remember, the talk in the States is all about tanking. Not a new concept that has been talked about, but in the past it generally occurs towards the end of the season. However with the possibility of Andrew Luck waiving his senior year and entering the draft, all the talk is should the Colts take Andrew Luck and groom him to succeed Peyton or should the Colts tank and trade Peyton Manning with the view of drafting Andrew Luck.

Thanks MFC - I had no idea - might try it in the morning as there isn't an 8.15 am game on foxtel - fingers crossed it's "all good"

Cheers .

Thanks MFC - I had no idea - might try it in the morning as there isn't an 8.15 am game on foxtel - fingers crossed it's "all good"

Cheers .

No worries.

In the early hours of Tuesday morning on One there are two good match up games:

12:30am - Steelers at Bengals - big test for the Bengals in an AFC North showdown

3:45am - Lions at Bears - big match up in the NFC North and race for NFC Wildcard position

Season = over... not like it wasn't already. I'm a nasty loss to the Giants away from changing my Avatar. Disgusted. Rodgers-Cromartie, Jackson, Reid all gone. Vick half the player without the second two names there. And the rebuild that was suppose to happen last year is happening from now.

Wow DeSean Jackson didnt take the field as he missed a team meeting, didnt know that until I read it after the game...

You're lucky that Washington are in even more disarray at the moment, otherwise you'd be anchoring the bottom of the East.

And in a rare turn of events thanks to that result, Seattle upsetting the Ravens and the Rams pipping Cleveland, all NFC West

teams win on the same weekend for what seems like a decade! (Still, all three other teams W's only match the Niners record of

8 wins).

A big day for a few conferences,

-The Saints mark their place at the top of NFC South albeit in an OT win over their nearest rival Matt Ryans Falcons.

-Pats climb back on top in AFC East, in a Pats performance more like we're used to, smashing the Jets.

-Romo throws a franchise record 23 from 26 to seal the second win in a row for the Cowgirls, its going to

be a real ding-dong tussle for top spot in the NFC East, as Dallas now has a bit of confidence and momentum

up, something they thrive on..The Giants played fairly well today albeit losing.

-Going all the way back to Friday, and the Raiders win over Rivers & co was vital in the AFC West where a

single game separates all teams. 4 Losses on the trot for the Chargers means they're the ones sliding, and

fast.

-Houston have another big, anonymous win, they have the best points differential in the league right now.

-The Ravens upset loss leaves the Steelers one game clear, the Bengals arent far behind and get another crack

at Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks time.

I love this time of the year when conferences are wide open, it certainly leads to an exciting turn in the season!

I loved what I heard of the Niners game this morning, plenty of great defence, Carlos Rogers (thanks Redskins for him!)

with two picks of Eli, and we did it all with 0 net rushing yards from Frank Gore as he left the game early with a knee

injury that hopefully should be OK for next week. Smith's one and only interception was only because Ginn missed a sitter

of a catch as he turned to go too early.

The last quarter was a cracker, the Niners score their first TD to hit the lead, go for and complete a 2-point conversion,

and then intercept Manning on the next play. On the very next play the rookie Hunter rushes in another TD, and the home

fans go nuts. But wait, a couple of massive long drives by the Giants, including two fourth down conversions nets one

TD and leaves them 20 out with a minute to go. They go for it on 4th again, and pro-bowler Justin Smith bats away the pass. How sweet this winning caper is!

Every week there's surprises hey !

What is it with the Ravens ? Though Seattle do surprise - they beat the Giants in New York a month ago .

Houston had another big win at Tampa - This could be their year - their next 3 games will tell a tale - @ Jags , vs Atlanta , @ Cinci

San Francisco had a great win as well - it's all about which number seed now - 1 or 2 is my pick .

Philadelphia - disappointing - they'll probably beat the Giants next week now .

Dallas , Chicago and the Pats are back in business it seems .

The Saints also had a big win and should win the NFC South now .

Pittsburgh had an important win but the Bengals were good .

And that AFC West is anybody's guess - Oakland now ? Who knows or is that Who knew ! Go figure !

8 and 7 on the tips - Need the Packers to win to stay above 500 !

Edited by Nuggets

Starting to take shape. Though in the NFC there's a glut of teams still in the running for the wild cards.

I reckon the 49ers, the way they're playing, could go all the way to the superbowl. But I reckon they'll be playing the Packers in the NFC championship game, and will likely lose.

I don't even know who to like from the AFC anymore. Ravens must give their fans heart attacks. Nobody believes Cincy are good enough, even though they're winning, Everybody thinks the Jets are a threat, despite getting knocked off by a college QB. Oakland might be up there? Pats? Steelers? ANd nobody seems to want to talk about the Texans who have a lovely balance.

Watched the Eagles-GIants game this arvo on ESPN, gee I thought after Mannings big drive and TD in the last quarter they were going to clinch it, but credit to Vince Young he handled himself pretty well today.

A big day out for the Lions, after being down by 17 at one stage, they climbed back off the canvas. Stafford continues to impress with 5TDs.

the Dolphins finally getting a bit of momentum up winning another game.

Palmer keeps the Raiders rolling since taking over at QB.

Cowboys struggle, but overcome the awful Redskins in OT

The Bears keep rolling,they really will be a danger in the playoffs I think

My Niners keep on winning, thats all I ask for each week!

Watched the Eagles-GIants game this arvo on ESPN, gee I thought after Mannings big drive and TD in the last quarter they were going to clinch it, but credit to Vince Young he handled himself pretty well today.

A big day out for the Lions, after being down by 17 at one stage, they climbed back off the canvas. Stafford continues to impress with 5TDs.

Cutler out for at least 6 weeks apparently so the Bears might be in a bit of strife now . Detroit should be able to take advantage in the wild card race

Watched my Packers this morning and Tampa took it right up to em' !

The Eagles had a great win with Vince and though it's gonna be tough , they're only 2 games back and ANYTHING can happen in that division . Any more losses and you'd reckon it's curtains for Philadelphia but while there's life there's hope .

Your blokes , the 49ers just keep powering on - well coached obviously and Alex Smith is way better than solid . I'm getting a liitle concerned esp if you get the no.1 seed - The Pack have got some tough games coming up so it will be interesting .

Atlanta might be the smoky's and the Bengals had a dip but it's once again looking like the Ravens or Pittsburgh for the AFC North .

Oakland seem to back in business but who knows in that division ! Tebow certainly knows how to win and surely the Chargers will fire up soon ?

Hoping Matt Schaub gets back soon because I'd like to see the Texans in amongst it in post season .

KC are at New England tomorrow - go Chiefs ! ( if only to keep both divisions keenly fought )

Cutler out for at least 6 weeks apparently so the Bears might be in a bit of strife now . Detroit should be able to take advantage in the wild card race

Watched my Packers this morning and Tampa took it right up to em' !

The Eagles had a great win with Vince and though it's gonna be tough , they're only 2 games back and ANYTHING can happen in that division . Any more losses and you'd reckon it's curtains for Philadelphia but while there's life there's hope .

Your blokes , the 49ers just keep powering on - well coached obviously and Alex Smith is way better than solid . I'm getting a liitle concerned esp if you get the no.1 seed - The Pack have got some tough games coming up so it will be interesting .

Atlanta might be the smoky's and the Bengals had a dip but it's once again looking like the Ravens or Pittsburgh for the AFC North .

Oakland seem to back in business but who knows in that division ! Tebow certainly knows how to win and surely the Chargers will fire up soon ?

Hoping Matt Schaub gets back soon because I'd like to see the Texans in amongst it in post season .

KC are at New England tomorrow - go Chiefs ! ( if only to keep both divisions keenly fought )

Also a Packers fan. Big yards given up again against Tampa. Poor tackling this morning didn't help. Listening to Aaron Rodgers press conference, he is the ultimate competitor. Hard on himself for the interception. Big Thanksgiving game on a very short break at Detroit.

I only read about Cutler being out this evening, huge blow if its for a while, I've never even heard of their backup QB.

Just watching the battle of the Bays now on Foxtel, gee they Bucs had their chances didnt they? Definitely an off day for GB,

but they still keep winning..

Schaub is supposed to be out for the season theyll have to rely on Matt Leinart from here on in I'd say, a shame as the Texans

were going along quite well..

Did you see the last drive Tebow took on Friday against the Jets. He just kept rushing. You knew he was going to do it, but he

kept finding holes in the defence and punching through. An amazing final drive. Now if only he could throw as well as he rushes!

Stafford CAN play. Miami coming good just as the Eagles are due to play them. Palmer is Oakland's season... some say they're the biggest chance to win the AFC. Big call. Bears are 50-50 to make postseason with Cutler hurt. Niners are just fantastic. NFC championship game is all but theirs and Packers. They'll definitely get 1+2 seed. Giants and Saints won't.

We'll know MUCH more in about three weeks. All these hangers-on will be gone. Steelers and hopefully Bengals will get the wildcards in AFC... and Lions and I think Falcons will get them in the NFC. Bears to drop out. Which is a real shame, they probably deserve it. Love their D.

I only read about Cutler being out this evening, huge blow if its for a while, I've never even heard of their backup QB.

Just watching the battle of the Bays now on Foxtel, gee they Bucs had their chances didnt they? Definitely an off day for GB,

but they still keep winning..

Schaub is supposed to be out for the season theyll have to rely on Matt Leinart from here on in I'd say, a shame as the Texans

were going along quite well..

Did you see the last drive Tebow took on Friday against the Jets. He just kept rushing. You knew he was going to do it, but he

kept finding holes in the defence and punching through. An amazing final drive. Now if only he could throw as well as he rushes!

Caleb Hanie is the Bears backup QB. He was the Bears 3rd string QB in the NFC Championship game last year against the Packers. For such a big game he handled himself well. Threw 2 interceptions (one returned by BJ Raji for a TD and one that ended the game). Had a TD pass as well.

• Like 1

QB merry-go-round looking interesting. Orton actually landed somewhere he might actually get a start, with Cassel gone for the season.

Vick probably won't play on Sunday. Young actually looked pretty good last week.

Awesome.

Gonna pick the Lions tonight over GB... they have to lose one, this may as well be it.

Dallas will beat Miami, unfortunately.

San Fran to make it 10-1 over Ravs.

Over to you Nuggets.

Gonna pick the Lions tonight over GB... they have to lose one, this may as well be it.

Dallas will beat Miami, unfortunately.

San Fran to make it 10-1 over Ravs.

Over to you Nuggets.

If Detroit can get at Rodgers they've got a big chance - he had a couple of concussions last year but this year he's hardly been touched .

The Packers protect him better now but Detroits defensive line is very good ( if they're all healthy ) . There's a few QB's that have gone down lately so fingers crossed .

All 3 games are beauty's hey - I'm picking Miami ! And the Ravens by a field goal ! If the 49ers can win this then the no.1 seed might be their's .

And if the Saints beat the Giants and the Eagles beat the Pats ................................

You think I haven't considered that last part?

This is what the Eagles do though. They exist on the edge of oblivion, and then when they've done incredible things to put themselves into an enviable position, they blow it. Last year v the Giants perfect example. 3rd last game of regular season, they're losing by 3 touchdowns with 7 minutes to go... if they lose the game, Giants go a game and division record ahead (basically two games) and pretty much go straight through to playoffs. Instead, Vick leads the team back into it and Jackson runs in the punt before overtime and we win... thereby almost assuring Giants were finished for the year. Sure enough, we lose the last two games (resting everyone) then in the first playoff game against the Pack, Mick the [censored] Vick throws a pick. What a dick.

Miami are playing quite well and the Cowboys are often their own worst enemy .

Will Vick be back (fit) this week vs the Pats ? Young was very good last week .

Edit - just heard that Vick is a longshot this week against the Pats .

Edited by Nuggets