Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

Dappa Dan & Hard Track, finally 2 people who dont just come on here and rubbish players. Yeah people are shitty the way things happened but in all seriousness, get over it. We have a great club going forward. Lets concentrate on that instead of making yourselves feel better by putting others down. Im all for opinions, god knows some of mine are well and truly off the mark. But keep it that, opinions.

You gotta let us have a bit o' fun... He's chosen the money, not the box.

So it's game on.

Don't wanna put words in your mouth Nasher, but I imagine you'd be indifferent about feeling indifferent...

I think the question says more about how chook feels.

Don't wanna put words in your mouth Nasher, but I imagine you'd be indifferent about feeling indifferent...

I think the question says more about how chook feels.

Exactly! Why would I be proud of being indifferent? I tend not to have emotions on top of my non-emotions.

I was having beers with a mate the other night. This bloke's father pays a ridiculous amount of cash for a premium Hawthorn membership, where one of the perks is that Chris Pelchen ( Hawthorn general manager of player personnel and strategy), sat down with the group of premium members and talked them through their recruiting strategy prior to the draft. Apparently during this talk, Chris Pelchen mentioned that Cam Bruce had had a big falling out with Chris Connolly, and that was why he was looking to leave the Dees, despite Hawthorn offering less $$$ than the Dees did.

Chris Pelchen mentioned that Cam Bruce had had a big falling out with Chris Connolly, and that was why he was looking to leave the Dees, despite Hawthorn offering less $$$ than the Dees did.

Bruce was too political.

If I was CC I'd have fallen out with him too, because the bloke continually put himself before the team and team success.

Campaigning against the china trip was just another example, as were his hospital handballs, as was his decision to leave.

The more time goes by, the more it appears to be true: the way a man plays football is often indicative of his personality.

If I was CC I'd have fallen out with him too, because the bloke continually put himself before the team and team success.

Campaigning against the china trip was just another example, as were his hospital handballs, as was his decision to leave.

Mmmm. Interesting. Any more details on his view of the China trip? I know he didn't make the trip.

We now have 46 guys who can potentially take part in our tilt at the flag in 2013. I couldn't say that if Cam was still on our list.

Edited by DirtyDees DDC

It cut into the players time off and he was vocally opposed to it.

It was obvious when Bruce didn't go to China he was gone, i know that's how i felt-The Whole Club looked like they had a Blast-including the players so i never bought Camerons explanation.

IMO Bruce will most likely regret his decision to leave the club.

Even though Junior wanted another year, I've no doubt he'll be cheering as loud as anyone when this club wins its next premiership. And everyone will cheer with him because he's genuinely a club legend.

Bruce has just killed any legacy he may have otherwise have enjoyed. To me, that's just not worth the additional dough at this point in time in his career.

I guess that makes Barry Hall a complete psycho.

Not really.

I think he's usually pretty controlled & composed, a victim of his appearance and prone the odd brain-fade.

Pretty true to his personality actually.

I was having beers with a mate the other night. This bloke's father pays a ridiculous amount of cash for a premium Hawthorn membership, where one of the perks is that Chris Pelchen ( Hawthorn general manager of player personnel and strategy), sat down with the group of premium members and talked them through their recruiting strategy prior to the draft. Apparently during this talk, Chris Pelchen mentioned that Cam Bruce had had a big falling out with Chris Connolly, and that was why he was looking to leave the Dees, despite Hawthorn offering less $$$ than the Dees did.

Having met Connolly once I'm not surprised. Very abrasive. Good footballer though.

Having met Connolly once I'm not surprised. Very abrasive. Good footballer though.

I've met Chris Connolly a few times and have found him to be quite amiable and not abrasive.

However, I can imagine that in the context of an employer speaking one on one with an employee it's possible that in the course of being truthful about a player's prospects beyond the term of the contract offered, Cam might not have liked what he heard.

He had the opportunity to bite the bullet and work hard in 2011 to prove CC wrong and earn another year as others have done in that situation or he could have gone elsewhere. He chose the latter course.

It's history now.

Was it a long or short meeting? Did you converse?

Really? What was the nature of the conversation, because I have found him to be quite the opposite in multiple conversations held.