Mock Trades

MadAsHell

Is Maric decent though ?

And who is that young small solid chap who played the final against Sydney for his debut ?

No, but Maric may develop into one eventually.

That was Andrew Hooper, but he's a mid. He's just like Jarryd Blair.

Short bloke that finds the footy.

He is not a FP.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umh, 'Ash35',, I haven't noticed you around for awhile. I hope all is good.

Have you heard, (Hird) sorry, anything solid @ the Bombers, to speak of??? Re coach.

And trade wise as well? Is Neagle or any others worth a punt, or not?

Re coach, I haven't heard anything solid, just whats in the papers and a few rumours doing the rounds. Everything from a Laidley/Williams/Thompson type coach with Hird underneath as assistant for a couple of seasons, to Hird outright as senior coach.

As for Essendon players up for trade, I suppose if all depends on who the new coach is and what their plans are.

Houli is obviously a chance to change clubs, the guy was criminally underplayed this year so I dont blame him if he wants out. Stanton and Davey still haven't re-signed with the club yet, which is a worry as the club states that they are both required players. Stanton yes, but for me, Davey not so much. I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost him.

It's hard to gauge the Essendon list because we haven't developed at all over the past 3 years under Knights. Players such as Leroy Jetta, Kyle Reimers, David Myers and even Jarrod Atkinson could all be worth a punt for another club to develop into decent AFL players. Perhaps a new coach will help them at Essendon, but on exposed form, they have been disappointing.

I dont think Jay Neagle will ever make it. Doesn't have the desire to work hard enough. Wait for our delistings and you might even pick him up for free.

Dyson could be shopped around, but doesn't have much currency.

Unlike West Coast, the club has stated that pick 8 is off limits. Yet they are still trying to land a "big fish" from another club. Just about every single midfielder being mentioned in trades talks is linked to Essendon. Everyone from Ryan Griffin, David Munday, Nathan Jones, Chris Knights to Steven Salopek and Richard Tambling.

But I can't see how we are going to trade for a Salopek type with only our fringe players and a second round pick to trade with.

Edited by Ash35

Relax . . . I was only kidding you ;)

BTW, not taking sides, but I'm sure you did understand what he meant

I have no idea what having an 'anal in the mix (sic)' means.

Maybe an anal person?

Maybe he/she is being literal?

I'm baffled, intrigued, and other adjectives...

I have no idea what having an 'anal in the mix (sic)' means.

Maybe an anal person?

Maybe he/she is being literal?

I'm baffled, intrigued, and other adjectives...

Sheesh rpfc. ok you asked

In reply to your lecture on adverbs and forum etiquette he said "Always one anal in the mix!"

Expanding that "There is always one anal-retentive person in the mixture of posters on the board"

That help?

Unlike West Coast, the club has stated that pick 8 is off limits. Yet they are still trying to land a "big fish" from another club. Just about every single midfielder being mentioned in trades talks is linked to Essendon. Everyone from Ryan Griffin, David Munday, Nathan Jones, Chris Knights to Steven Salopek and Richard Tambling.

But I can't see how we are going to trade for a Salopek type with only our fringe players and a second round pick to trade with.

Hi Ash. You can strike Knights and Mundy off that list.

I have read Winderlich's name mentioned for trade. But as is with most things this time of year it remains speculative until trade time. Yeah it would be difficult to trade for someone such as Salopek in the current climate of the concessions draft. Must give up some value to obtain value. Although, I'd rather be the Essendon list manager than Brisbane's. That Lions Den is a revolving door.

Heard this on 360 last night on Fox sports in the segment who would you rather be - "the Brisbane Lions list manager or the Commonwealth Games head architect in India ?"

Hi Ash. You can strike Knights and Mundy off that list.

I have read Winderlich's name mentioned for trade. But as is with most things this time of year it remains speculative until trade time. Yeah it would be difficult to trade for someone such as Salopek in the current climate of the concessions draft. Must give up some value to obtain value. Although, I'd rather be the Essendon list manager than Brisbane's. That Lions Den is a revolving door.

Heard this on 360 last night on Fox sports in the segment who would you rather be - "the Brisbane Lions list manager or the Commonwealth Games head architect in India ?"

Yep, Griffin, Knights and Mundy have all signed on at their original clubs.

I mean we were even linked to Rischetelli before he went to the Gold Coast, so like I said, just about every midfielder talked about leaving gets linked to us.

I would hate to see Winderlich go. One of my favourites and can play when fit and firing.

Our midfield is weak enough as it is, without losing Winderlich.

Sheesh rpfc. ok you asked

In reply to your lecture on adverbs and forum etiquette he said "Always one anal in the mix!"

Expanding that "There is always one anal-retentive person in the mixture of posters on the board"

That help?

I'm glad you're always ready to jump in and decipher for posters...

Let me decipher my 'lecture' for you:

Some on this board are incredibly sensitive when there is a hint of personal comment, those same people then throw out personal jabs without a hint of self awareness of their hypocrisy.

My 'lecture' is to point out the disengenuous response I got from one of these posters. Of course I sound anal; it's ridiculous to think that there is a difference between me calling someone an idiot and telling someone their view is idiotic.

You may not have seen the thread that this originated from, but let me tell you and agent_orange that my tongue was firmly in my cheek with my 'anal post'.

Now that you know this I guess you can speak for me whenever someone questions a similar post?

(That last line is the only passive agressive portion, I swear.)

I'm glad you're always ready to jump in and decipher for posters...

Let me decipher my 'lecture' for you:

Some on this board are incredibly sensitive when there is a hint of personal comment, those same people then throw out personal jabs without a hint of self awareness of their hypocrisy.

My 'lecture' is to point out the disengenuous response I got from one of these posters. Of course I sound anal; it's ridiculous to think that there is a difference between me calling someone an idiot and telling someone their view is idiotic.

You may not have seen the thread that this originated from, but let me tell you and agent_orange that my tongue was firmly in my cheek with my 'anal post'.

Now that you know this I guess you can speak for me whenever someone questions a similar post?

(That last line is the only passive agressive portion, I swear.)

What did I do to deserve that?

You asked twice what he meant so I finally answered and you give me a lecture about your original lecture (which I already understood)

Thanks for nothing pal. Are you a teacher in real life?

Next time I won't try and help you.

What did I do to deserve that?

You asked twice what he meant so I finally answered and you give me a lecture about your original lecture (which I already understood)

Thanks for nothing pal. Are you a teacher in real life?

Next time I won't try and help you.

I said only the last line was passive agreesive...

Honestly, DC this isn't an argument worth having.

I was just trying to make a point subtlely blunt and used your posts to make it just blunt.

Apologies.

I'm inclined to think with our warehouse and compromised draft there would be a club or four knocking on our door this year . Maric confounds. I like some others were very impressed early but have waited unsuccessfully to see him flourish . It would probably serve all parties for him to start afresh . Dogs Toiges possibly Ess might benefit but what do we get ? We've beenable to play ok without Warnock this year and I think that's enough said, repatriation with his brother poss .. But again for whom ? Maybe some convuted deals whereby we better our picks might deliver a better dividend for us.

You can stop waiting.

I laughed to be honest.

Not waiting for you!

I was waiting for the abuse from those who didn't quite get it.

The unwittingly ironic champions against abuse.

Ah, it's all fun & games.

I thought this thread was about mock trades and not mock tirades!!! Seriously, back to business please. I feel like I've stumbled upon an u/12's bigfooty collingwood forum.

Does anyone feel this is ironic?

Cause that hurt...

No offence to the art of mock trading but this worthless argument is more nourishment than wondering whether the stars will align to see Richard Tambling being traded for a half-cooked potato.

Another potential trade involving Maric if the Davey/Essendon trade isn't that appealing.

Maric to Sydney for White?

Gives us a big bodied forward who can also play as 2nd ruck?

He had a very good season in 2009.

Another potential trade involving Maric if the Davey/Essendon trade isn't that appealing.

Maric to Sydney for White?

Gives us a big bodied forward who can also play as 2nd ruck?

He had a very good season in 2009.

Yeah right and they're offering us Veszpremi for Jurrah.

It's the trade time disease - if I said Setanta for Warnock both Melbourne and Carlton supporters would be demandng pick sweeteners.

Perspective please.

Not quite the same, Maric & Veszpremi have shown about the same at AFL level.

As for Jurrah compared to White I think Jurrah's worth a bit more on the market then White. But I do get your point.

Maybe thrown in pick 49 as a sweetner?

It's the trade time disease - if I said Setanta for Warnock both Melbourne and Carlton supporters would be demandng pick sweeteners.

Perspective please.

There's a possibility I could go for, Maric, for Veszpremi. Based on nothing more than what I read of Veszpremi during his stint in the U-18s.

But seems to me 2 players from maybe the same draft, that maybe could be swapped.

Houli is obviously a chance to change clubs, the guy was criminally underplayed this year so I dont blame him if he wants out. Stanton and Davey still haven't re-signed with the club yet, which is a worry as the club states that they are both required players. Stanton yes, but for me, Davey not so much. I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost him.

It's hard to gauge the Essendon list because we haven't developed at all over the past 3 years under Knights. Players such as Leroy Jetta, Kyle Reimers, David Myers and even Jarrod Atkinson could all be worth a punt for another club to develop into decent AFL players. Perhaps a new coach will help them at Essendon, but on exposed form, they have been disappointing.

I dont think Jay Neagle will ever make it. Doesn't have the desire to work hard enough. Wait for our delistings and you might even pick him up for free.

Dyson could be shopped around, but doesn't have much currency.

Houli looks decent but I wouldn't be too concerned about Stanton or Davey. Never really rated Davey (of the Alwyn variety), but thought Stanton would become a top liner which he hasn't. Dyson has been a real disappointment too as I thought he had a lot of potential.

That said, I reckon Reimers has real talent and Myers is probably safe as a tall defender for the moment.

I reckon Salopek is undervalued on this site although not a great fit for Melbourne at the moment for what he would cost.

Houli looks decent but I wouldn't be too concerned about Stanton or Davey. Never really rated Davey (of the Alwyn variety), but thought Stanton would become a top liner which he hasn't. Dyson has been a real disappointment too as I thought he had a lot of potential.

That said, I reckon Reimers has real talent and Myers is probably safe as a tall defender for the moment.

I reckon Salopek is undervalued on this site although not a great fit for Melbourne at the moment for what he would cost.

Looking at the GF yesterday, small players have to carry some bulk or will just get knocked off the ball. We can't carry too many slight players.

Players with bulk & speed like Wonna are gems.

After the latest bout of trade rumors I now have the ultimate 6 way trade!

Melbourne: Warnock to Carlton

Carlton: Grigg to Richmond

Richmond: Thursfield to Fremantle

Fremantle: Tarrant to Collingwood

Collingwood: Anthony to North Melbourne

North Melbourne: Hale to Melbourne!