Our Tom

I'm confused. I thought it was announced in April/May. Didn't Naitanui already win it? B)

HA! The reason I love footy. So many had him absolutely an unbackable favourite. What a great evener.

Hanneberry for mine from Rockliff. Trengove should be third based on his early season work, but Scully might get him with his end of season form. Fourth? Maybe Basti...

Hanneberry will win

2nd Dustin Martin

3rd Ryan bastinac

4th Tom scully

IMO Dustin Martin would of and should of won it but I think somehow the judges will make sure he doesn't cause of the stupid rule that made him ineligable

Hanneberry will win

2nd Dustin Martin

3rd Ryan bastinac

4th Tom scully

IMO Dustin Martin would of and should of won it but I think somehow the judges will make sure he doesn't cause of the stupid rule that made him ineligable

that stupid rule makes him ineligable as you said, therefore wont get any votes, not how it works

at a guess, 9 ppl 5,4,3,2,1

1. Hanneberry 43 votes

2. Scully 38 votes

3. Bastinac/Rockliff

4. Rockliff/ Bastinac

5. Ried/Stratton/garlett

Hannebery will get it over Scully.

Heard G Lyon on MMM Saturday and he spoke about his vote going to DH, just, with Scully a close second.

SEN radio will be covering from 12pm if you can get near a radio/net etc.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/rising-star-hype-for-daniel-hannebery/story-e6frf9jf-1225912528921

Check out Jon Anderson's fantastic :wacko: preview of the Rising Star today. States that Hannebery had a consistent season with 5 big games against Melbourne (twice), Haw, Rich & Nth.

Hopefully Hannebery isn't given any extra votes for the accompanying picture to the article, a Dees V Swans game in Canberra from 2009. Maybe Jon Anderson was confused by the picture.

Edited by Demon Hill

Bookies say Hannebery is a shoo in. The betting market is as follows:

Hannerbery: $1.21

Tom Rockliff: $5.50

Tom Scully: $8:50

Anthony Morabito: $26.00

Jackson Trengove: $26:00

Nic Natanui: $34.00 (what a blow out from early in the year)

Ryan Bastinac: $34.00

Of course, I am biased, but for consistency of performance I reckon Scully is over the odds. But with the Dees not winning enough games, it may count against him. Any thoughts?

I reckon Scully's year is slightly underrated. He'd be my top pick.

He pips Hannebery in every 'average' category for a midfielder. More disposals, tackles, clearances, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, 1%'s, inside 50's, rebound from 50's - everything. And it's his first year in the AFL system. His engine is already elite, which is extraordinary, and he has explosive pace that Hannebery and most lack.

His best game is the equal of Hannebery's best game, but his next best probably trails Hannebery's next couple of best.

Hannebery will win it and is certainly deserving, but Scully has legitimate claims.

He pips Hannebery in every 'average' category for a midfielder. More disposals, tackles, clearances, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, 1%'s, inside 50's, rebound from 50's - everything. And it's his first year in the AFL system. His engine is already elite, which is extraordinary, and he has explosive pace that Hannebery and most lack.

His best game is the equal of Hannebery's best game, but his next best probably trails Hannebery's next couple of best.

Hannebery will win it and is certainly deserving, but Scully has legitimate claims.

Scully also comfortably had the best game of any player nominated for the RS this season, when he collected 39 disposals against the Dogs.

His work this year is underrated, and I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that he does so much "inside" work that doesn't get noticed. Probably why McKenzie didn't get nominated either. It's only in the last 4-5 games of the year that Scully has really started to back his pace and run forward of the packs, and I think that will shoot him up the rankings today and he'll come second.

Agree - I haven't seen enough of Hanneberry or Martin to make a call on them but they'd need to have been extremely good to be better.

I won't be unhappy if Tom comes 2nd - there's greater acknowledgement ahead for him.

I dare say Hanneberry will get it. Scully's been good...very good but also a few lesser days...as have they all. Hanneberry's game has a bit more flash to it..he often gets to finish work ..not just start and link it. They are different players..simple as that really. I think as Tom's finishing improves he will have a much 'bigger' game effect than Hanneberry but at present its probably fitting the Swan pips him over the line.

Unfortunately, under the packs doesn't get you much votes.

Listening to the rising star on SEN.

30 minute interview with Mrs Scott.... rivetting stuff.

Yes, same! A person sharing my office today just mentioned, 'how long is this going to go for, the 18 year olds must be bored to tears'.

I told him that it was Brad/Chris Scott's mother and it's nice to get the mums involved on this occasion. He said he was ok with that but 'who is the boring sap doing the interviews'?

Yep, hard to argue with that when Quartermain has a microphone in his hands!

Edited by Demon Hill