Trade Jamar

Gooner

Rhino, you obviously dont get it. I am not frustrated over peoples lack of desire to trade Jamar, as you said, the 'very reasons i muddled around to' support that view. WHat does frustrate me though is the masses on here who refuse to even contemplate the matter and ridicule someone for raising an interesting point. No player is untouchable and it is very healthy to discuss all options. This forum is not capable of such thinking and it is why this forum is so useless and repetitive. Jamar is not out of bounds, but out of date people like yourself seem to support the view that if the opinion doesnt support yours or is a little left of centre the person should be ridiculed.

Its called the bleedin obvious. And I think the respondents have correctly identified the ridiculous. The issue isnt that no person is untouchable but that you would comtemplate trading a key member of the side (3rd in the B&F) and an asset in an area where the team list is profoundly weak. Its not rocket science to work why its not a great idea.

In regards to Brock, you are not correct. I started the topic suggesting he be traded, very early on, and was ridiculed by 80% of people in the exact same style as this thread, yet now that the deal is a clear winner....apparently we were all on the same page? Outrageous.

Sorry Robinson Crusoe, I am right and as other posters pointed out why the McLean is not the same situation as Jamar. FWIW, I and a few other posters had been critical of Brock last year, questioned his value to the side and pondered his future. Sure it challenged a few nellies.... but there hiding now. B) But I always thought we had McLean more than covered. This has been borne out this year.

If you did post early on McLean...well done. Clearly you would have done a bit more thinking of the ramifications with trading McLean than the Op did with Jamar.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to the Russian, but Jeff White says hi.

gsmith12 is obviously not a fan of Jeff White, or at least doesn't rate him.

fwiw, the rewards stack up in stynes' favour compared to that of White. so...he has stats to back it up.

Rhino, you obviously dont get it. I am not frustrated over peoples lack of desire to trade Jamar, as you said, the 'very reasons i muddled around to' support that view. WHat does frustrate me though is the masses on here who refuse to even contemplate the matter and ridicule someone for raising an interesting point. No player is untouchable and it is very healthy to discuss all options. This forum is not capable of such thinking and it is why this forum is so useless and repetitive. Jamar is not out of bounds, but out of date people like yourself seem to support the view that if the opinion doesnt support yours or is a little left of centre the person should be ridiculed.

In regards to Brock, you are not correct. I started the topic suggesting he be traded, very early on, and was ridiculed by 80% of people in the exact same style as this thread, yet now that the deal is a clear winner....apparently we were all on the same page? Outrageous.

I guess the football department sits and discusses every player. With McLean two things were apparent - what he brought to the side and importantly - did we have anything that could replace what he brought to the side. With the emerging midfield the football department made the call that with what we had getting pick 12 for McLean was a good trade. I am sure that they may field interest (if any) on jones at trade time.

However with our current ruckstocks the only trade that could be considered would be Sandilands (like thats gonna happen) as we dont have a backup option and even a very high draft pick as compensation would not get us a ruckman for next year.

Nothing to see here. move on

Something that I've been considering for some time is whether we should trade Jamar.

He's been great for us this season and will be useful in developing the other rucks, however, his value is at it's peak following his inclusion in the All Australian team.

He's my argument for trading him:

- he could be worth a first round draft pick (Jolly went for pick 14 and 46 when he was 27)

- he's 27 and will start going down hill in the next couple of years

- he's just played his best season

- this is the first season in which he's played 22 games, he played 21 games in 2006, but other than that, his previous best was 14 games in 2008

- he's an All Australian player and that will inflate his value significantly (Burgoyne was worth picks 8 & 9 despite his only All Australian appearance being in 2006, three years before he was traded)

- we could recruit another young player or two with a high draft pick who will develop alongside Scully, Trengove, Watts & co.

Who would want him?

- Hawthorn?

- Bulldogs?

- Adelaide (pick 14)?

- Port (pick 16)?

- Gold Coast?

- Carlton (pick 18)?

It's difficult to see who would pick him up, although I'm sure that things will become a lot clearer once the Gold Coast enters trade week and other teams get some of their picks in exchange for their players.

There's no way I'd let him go for one First Rnd Pick. = GCSuns pick 5 & 15. Maybe then, but really we need him where he is. At the DEES.

If you don't want people to offer their opinion of your opinion - you need to start a blog and disable the comments.

Welcome to a forum.

There's no way I'd let him go for one First Rnd Pick. = GCSuns pick 5 & 15. Maybe then, but really we need him where he is. At the DEES.

Your joking-I'd want picks,3,5 &15 for the All Australian ruckmam .

"Will he be in our next premiership team" is the most overrated phrase in football. Farce suggestion, do you care to line up with Jake Spencer as our #1 ruck next year and Juice on the bench? Our next premiership assault will be in 2045 if we do stupid things like that.

"Will he be in our next premiership team" is the most overrated phrase in football. Farce suggestion, do you care to line up with Jake Spencer as our #1 ruck next year and Juice on the bench? Our next premiership assault will be in 2045 if we do stupid things like that.

I certainly believe he will be.He will be around for another 5 years IMO.He has just turned 27.

Your joking-I'd want picks,3,5 &15 for the All Australian ruckmam .

Yeah, thats where I was heading, that I'd expect a lot for a Ruckman entering elite status. I don't know the values of such things other than to say you'ld want at least 2 or more picks to give a prized possession away for something thats speculative...

That's more than what WC got for Judd...

I think you're out of touch with Jamar's real worth.

"The Blues gave up draft picks three and 20 along with young key forward Josh Kennedy, in return for Judd and pick number 46 from the Eagles."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/judd-deal-done/story-e6frecrc-1111114619203

Effectively Carlton gave up Pick 3/ & 4/ & 20/... Pick 3 + Josh Kennedy (pick 4), & pick 20.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats what I love about these forum sites, if people put an idea forward that isnt generally accepted then people abuse the poo out of the poor bastard and bag the poo out of the thread. What ever happend to just saying you dont agree with it and moving on. I personally can see where he is coming from but the simple fact is we have any one that can even get close to replacing him right now and that will seriously affect us moving forward as a team. in a few years assuming the likes of Gawn, Fitz and in my opinion Spencer (who is a dud) have learnt the game then I still wouldnt llike it but it would be more likely to happen. Jamar is far to valuable right now and I doubt if they would even trade him for the number 1 draft pick as the hole it would create would be huge.

Thats what I love about these forum sites, if people put an idea forward that isnt generally accepted then people abuse the poo out of the poor bastard and bag the poo out of the thread. What ever happend to just saying you dont agree with it and moving on. I personally can see where he is coming from but the simple fact is we have any one that can even get close to replacing him right now and that will seriously affect us moving forward as a team. in a few years assuming the likes of Gawn, Fitz and in my opinion Spencer (who is a dud) have learnt the game then I still wouldnt llike it but it would be more likely to happen. Jamar is far to valuable right now and I doubt if they would even trade him for the number 1 draft pick as the hole it would create would be huge.

Finally someone with some Logic and intelligence. Well said. However I think we would jump at the #1 pick for Jamar!

Jesus Don what are you stupid nobody wants the number one pick these days they are like so over rated. Sorry but any way lol my point was he is to badly needed at the monent to eeven remotely consider unless something like that come up which is pretty remote. With our young list I am very keen to trade picks but reluctant to trade players until we know not so much what is required because we know what we need but what is more important is to give it a year or 2 to see what we dont need. When we have this answer and the draft is back to normal then we can unleash hell and off load our scraps to top up our already impressive list with more good young talent to keep our run at the top going for as long as possible.

I can't stand p!ssheads like you personally attacking posters.

Look, if you don't agree with me, the only sensible solution I can think of is a bare-knuckle boxing match.

To the death.

Look, if you don't agree with me, the only sensible solution I can think of is a bare-knuckle boxing match.

To the death.

I prefer it that way: get rid of the 'keyboard heroism' and take it onto the streets.

It's just a healthier way of living.

I might take my keyboard with me.

Not to type on though...