Changes v Port Adelaide

Gouga

Find it hard to believe they just rested Tapscott! Why?

I agree with Moloney he should come back via Casey after 4 weeks out.

Why take Watts to "quagmire of a ground" from the past experience he is next to useless on a heavy ground!

I have watched Blease at Casey he is no where near fit enough for AFL, 2011 for him.

Why do you leave Bennell in he has been marginal for weeks and yesterday poor.

Watts and Bennell will both stay in (games into players), as I said I am only like everybody else guessing on what the FD will do......

Edited by satyricon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if Moloney comes in.

Someone has to go out.

We need players that can use the footy and we already have Bartram in the side.

Mind you, Jones was pretty good in pieces today.

I think you might find that flash is out

I think you might find that flash is out

I think he's trying to swap like for like, which I can understand.

Not that Maric in any way deserves to be compared to Davey.

And assuming there is some sort of imaginary limit in the number of hard-at-it players you can have in the side.

I'd like to see Maric get a game too, but first he's got to show more and he also needs somebody who deserves to go out.

Not sure Jones is that man after yesterday's match. Maybe against Port someone will show they need a run at Casey.

Moloney doesn't come in, we may be in a fair bit of trouble this week. Jamar is that much more potent with him in there to link up with.

Gee it would be nice to get that win at AAMI though. Snap that Hoodoo going into 2011.

Moloney doesn't come in, we may be in a fair bit of trouble this week. Jamar is that much more potent with him in there to link up with.

Gee it would be nice to get that win at AAMI though. Snap that Hoodoo going into 2011.

The travel issue is the only thing that should see us have any trouble this week. Port stink and should have lost to weagles.

Watts and Bennell will both stay in (games into players), as I said I am only like everybody else guessing on what the FD will do......

You are right and they are paid to know.

however it does not mean that they get it right ever time.

As well what would we all think about for the next three days!

I struuggle with this "getting games into players"

How come Meric does not get the benefit of that logic

or is he "not good enough".

Bartram's disposal is terrible. If he was over 60% I would be surprised, but besides those stats, his kicking is just horrible and I cringe everytime he has the ball.

His efficiency was bang on 60% with his 20 disposals.

You are right and they are paid to know.

however it does not mean that they get it right ever time.

As well what would we all think about for the next three days!

I struuggle with this "getting games into players"

How come Meric does not get the benefit of that logic

or is he "not good enough".

I watched Maric on Saturday at Visy, and yes he did quite a few good things, but assume he is behind Bennell because he can't go back and defend, he could replace Wonna, but I think FD are trying to keep LJ and Wonna to form a good partnership, we saw that example of couple of times on Sunday.

Find it hard to believe they just rested Tapscott! Why?

I agree with Moloney he should come back via Casey after 4 weeks out.

Why take Watts to "quagmire of a ground" from the past experience he is next to useless on a heavy ground!

I have watched Blease at Casey he is no where near fit enough for AFL, 2011 for him.

Why do you leave Bennell in he has been marginal for weeks and yesterday poor.

When a young player is rested it means he is given a week away from the crash and bash to let the little bruises, knocks, niggles and soreness settle down, it also refreshes mentally, so I was thinking that with Tapscott being from SA, he may be given a taste, with Davey being down now, it opens the door even more

My thoughts completely.....brilliant. Jonesy's use of the ball yesterday was near faultless. His ability to pick the right option and execute it well has improved out of sight this year. If he can get his total possessions up around the 30 plus mark next year, he will go All-Australian. You heard it here.

IN: Fitzpatrick, Tapscott

OUT: Dunn, Davey

Is Dunn injured?? Have I missed something? Or are you dropping him? If so...laughable.

Fitzpatrick wasn't in the best for Casey.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tapscott in to be honest. Was rested from Casey last weekend (not injured), as he trained with no issues on Saturday morning with the main group. We are playing in Adelaide, the kids home town, where his family and friends would be able to attend. Would give him a great experience traveling and I bet he would like nothing more than playing in front of all his mates.

Is Dunn injured?? Have I missed something? Or are you dropping him? If so...laughable.

Fitzpatrick wasn't in the best for Casey.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tapscott in to be honest. Was rested from Casey last weekend (not injured), as he trained with no issues on Saturday morning with the main group. We are playing in Adelaide, the kids home town, where his family and friends would be able to attend. Would give him a great experience traveling and I bet he would like nothing more than playing in front of all his mates.

He kicked two goals. Dunn only had four touches. Considering his past form, I won't drop him.

IN: Tapscott

OUT: Davey

In: Bell, Newton, Hughes

Out: Sylvia, Bruce, Bail

But seriously...these are the changes I'd like to see.

I know they won't happen.

In: Morton, Maric, Tapscott

Out: Davey, Bennell, Watts

Assuming that Grimes and Moloney aren't ready - anyone know where they're at?

Edited by The Fire Has Started

Is the general consensus that there is not a place in our best 22 for Matty Bate? Because that seems crazy to me. He should be in this week for Watts. I'm not bagging Watts, I'm thrilled to have him at the MFC, but he dead-set pulled out of 2 contests on Sunday and just needs to be shown that that will earn a trip to Casey, regardless of his potential, and games into players, and all that crap.

Johnson's kick in the last quarter was a shocker! He had 2 free Demon players around him when he threw it on the boot, across goal, without looking. Just dumb football. Lets have a look at this Fitzpatrick kid.

In: Bate, Maric, Fitzpatrick

Out: Watts, Johnson, Davy (inj)

ps: Anyone wanting to drop Jones, or question his disposal, are not watching the same games I am.

Nathan Jones - Jones haters should hide is shame, he is hard, runs all day, kicks the odd goal or 2, and has done the great MFC No2 jumper pround so far.

Jack Watts - This kid is the future, not saying Bate doesnt deserve a spot but i would rather Watts see the season out.

Clint Bartram - He is hard as nails, and never gives up, BUT his disposal is not at VFL standard. He looked like a muppet when he was running into goal on Sunday, poor kid has no confidence in his kicking. He cannot play in our team until his disposal is better, and a lot better. Lets stop feeling sorry for Cheney and give him a go.

Out: Davey, Bartram

In: Cheney, ?????

Maloney to be rested until 2011, Tapscott & Blease not fit / ready, Fitz would get snapped in 2 - 2nd half of 2011 for him.

...Lets have a look at this Fitzpatrick kid.

Review from the Casey game.

Jack Fitzpatrick: I thought it was Jack’s best game for the year. He played in the ruck and kicked a couple of goals. He had 15 possessions and was competitive in the ruck against Sam Jacobs, who was best the week before for the Bullants against Frankston. Jack played on him and I thought he started to out jump Jacobs by the end of the game. He was really promising and gets better the more games he plays.

from the MFC site.. http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/100494/default.aspx

My thoughts completely.....brilliant. Jonesy's use of the ball yesterday was near faultless. His ability to pick the right option and execute it well has improved out of sight this year. If he can get his total possessions up around the 30 plus mark next year, he will go All-Australian. You heard it here.

Yeah, I thought it was cool, not really a slight on the postor, but just a chance to have some fun, & show some of yesteryear. I'm not that type to put people down personally.

Any chance of Newton getting a game next week? Seeing that he played during the period MFC "had no forward line".

Maybe now that the ball is actually getting into the forward line, and Dunn, Green, Jurrah, Wonna and Watts are in there (less pressure), maybe, just maybe Newton might have a better game. Just a thought.

Review from the Casey game.

Jack Fitzpatrick: I thought it was Jack's best game for the year. He played in the ruck and kicked a couple of goals. He had 15 possessions and was competitive in the ruck against Sam Jacobs, who was best the week before for the Bullants against Frankston. Jack played on him and I thought he started to out jump Jacobs by the end of the game. He was really promising and gets better the more games he plays.

from the MFC site.. http://www.melbourne...94/default.aspx

He did play well & has in most games. His goals were floaters but they held their line truly.

Nathan Jones - Jones haters should hide is shame, he is hard, runs all day, kicks the odd goal or 2, and has done the great MFC No2 jumper pround so far.

Jack Watts - This kid is the future, not saying Bate doesnt deserve a spot but i would rather Watts see the season out.

Clint Bartram - He is hard as nails, and never gives up, BUT his disposal is not at VFL standard. He looked like a muppet when he was running into goal on Sunday, poor kid has no confidence in his kicking. He cannot play in our team until his disposal is better, and a lot better. Lets stop feeling sorry for Cheney and give him a go.

Out: Davey, Bartram

In: Cheney, ?????

Maloney to be rested until 2011, Tapscott & Blease not fit / ready, Fitz would get snapped in 2 - 2nd half of 2011 for him.

Bartram is our small defender and will be for years to come. He is a real competitor, hard as they come and his skills are getting better and better each week. He should not be dropped and will not be dropped because he is being molded into a fantastic back pocket, the new Matthew Whelan.