This heart beats true for the red and blue

jackaub

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Beat me to it DC, well done. The Fire of Rage is growing-People power will erase these insipid diluted white uniforms from our AFL-it will take time, but will be done.

Anybody who cannot decipher a Melbourne Red & Blue Jumper is either not a true supporter or it's a sign they need laser Surgery.

I'd be shattered if I learned a halfwit like "Racetrack" Ralphy Horowitz thought along the same lines as me. I don't know how I'd deal with discovering I was no more capable of presenting an argument than an angry chimp with a typewriter.

Remarkable what passes for journalism these days.

Amazingly shallow argument. So because the same colours are arranged in different shades and patterns our clash guernsey is a Bulldogs guernsey??

Carlton, Geelong & North Melbourne supporters must have been awfully confused and angry all these years.

No i think more to the point I.D. you are a closet Footscray supporter.

When i Belt out "It's a Grand old Flag" there is no mention of white. Just Beautiful RED & BLUE

I'd be shattered if I learned a halfwit like "Racetrack" Ralphy Horowitz thought along the same lines as me. I don't know how I'd deal with discovering I was no more capable of presenting an argument than an angry chimp with a typewriter.

Remarkable what passes for journalism these days.

Whats wrong with standing up for what you believe in I.D.?

Better than Kow Towing to the AFL, who have a pretty poor record when it comes to Public Relations,i mean they change their minds on rules and regs every half hour.

No i think more to the point I.D. you are a closet Footscray supporter.

When i Belt out "It's a Grand old Flag" there is no mention of white. Just Beautiful RED & BLUE

I'd support the team if they ran out in purple polka dots.

I don't frantically seize upon whatever excuse I can to look upon them with disdain.

Whats wrong with standing up for what you believe in I.D.?

Better than Kow Towing to the AFL, who have a pretty poor record when it comes to Public Relations,i mean they change their minds on rules and regs every half hour.

I totally agree.

I have no idea who this writer is - so no ego problem with what he said.

And, what he said made sense to me.

Are we all frightened to stand up as Proud Demon Supporters, because we've had to accept 2nd class (Victorian) status in the comp for so long ?

Of course there's no need for us to come out tubthumping like Collingwood and Essendon do.

Rather, we can do even better, by taking the measured and "softly, softly" approach, Jimmy has been so successful with.

This club is going somewhere, at long last.

It's not there yet.

There are many things still to happen.

Winning on the park is the most important thing.

But it seems we are doing something about that.

Standing up for the club and its traditions, is also starting to happen - the new emblem and the way it was rolled out today, shows that.

Being the team of the RED & the BLUE - home,away, or anywhere - is part of that,too!

Edited by BangkokDemon

Yeah, to me it looks like Ralphy has been reading Demonland and was struggling with material for an article.

Let's not forget the BPL editor was responsible for the anti-prophetic atricle mentioned in another thread today.

I think if anything you'd want to shy away from acknowledging you share the same views as anyone affiliated with BPL.

Nothing at all. It's the cause you believe in and how you go about presenting your case that matters most.

Sure, and just like "Racetrack" i believe in the Red & the Blue. And i will not deviate from that.

When people surrender they wave a white flag. It has no place on our Jumper, the Bulldogs chose it-they can have it with open arms.

When people are watching a game on TV and have to ask who is playing-a problem does exist. The Clash strips are faceless and neccessary only because Vlad & Anderson can see a dollar in it.

We need more symbolism, more ruthlessness, less change, less accepting second best and less accepting mediocrity!!!!

The colour of the jumper is vitally important and this is just another example of the big clubs and the AFL walking over us!!

Am I right?!?

Bit savage on poor old Racetrack

It was only a fluff blog piece

He is demons supporter.............tick

He is passionate about the Dees....tick

He loves the "red and blue".........tick

BTW I only posted the link as a FYI, I've only been to BPL once in my life and that was to read that disgusting Hollywood piece

I have no intention of going back, and speaking for myself, Racetrack's line of argument is his not mine, but I do share his passion for the red and blue

Now lets go out and thrash the ferals (in our red and blue strip)

I'd support the team if they ran out in purple polka dots.

I don't frantically seize upon whatever excuse I can to look upon them with disdain.

I have never and will never look down upon the MFC with disdain.

I save that for the AFL who are the ones driving this disgracefull campagn.

Is anyone aware of the imposed fine if the away team refuses to wear the "surrender Jumper"??

We need more symbolism, more ruthlessness, less change, less accepting second best and less accepting mediocrity!!!!

The colour of the jumper is vitally important and this is just another example of the big clubs and the AFL walking over us!!

Am I right?!?

YES.

Most certainly is, irrespective of how you wish to paint it.

I'm all FOR the clash strip and wearing white as the away team. I throw my weight behind it 100%.

I am dead AGAINST being made to wear the clash strip as the home team and having fines imposed for not doing so.

I'm also against the double standard of not all teams being required to provide & wear their own alternative away strip.

SEPARATE ISSUES.

The Red and the Blue is important, I always liked the red jumper with the blue demon. Can we have a all red jumper with our new emblem in the centre or switch the colours around to be Blue and Red. We only realy clash with Essendon, Fremantle, Adelaide and Carlton.

I cannot accept that the ONLY clash jumper for ALL clubs in the AFL HAS TO BE predominately WHITE

We are the only sports competition in the world with this specific requirement

It is homogenisation at its extreme - allow more flexibility

Other issues are

Wearing a clash jumper when there is no REAL clash

Wearing a clash jumper when you are the home team

Ensuring umpires can never wear a clash strip

Allowing some clubs to be exempt

Insisting a club can only have ONE clash jumper yet allowing special one-off jumpers

Not having any published definitions or guidelines for clashes just an AFL demand "club A must wear clash jumper against club B"

Whilst I'm pleased that the AFL has stated that Grand Final teams may wear their Home strips, this is totally illogical to their clash argument.

I cannot accept that the ONLY clash jumper for ALL clubs in the AFL HAS TO BE predominately WHITE

We are the only sports competition in the world with this specific requirement

There is no specific requirement for each of the 16 teams to have a white clash strip. Case in point: Geelong. Their clash strip is predominantly blue, as their home jumper clashes with North Melbourne based on the white in both jumpers.

Other competitions have a requirement for each team to have 'home' and 'away' jumpers (e.g. NBA, EPL). In the AFL, we don't have that requirement. The away team need only wear a different jumper to their home one if the AFL deems there to be a clash. Some teams, such as Fremantle, West Coast and Brisbane, choose to wear an alternate strip in all away games, which is why Fremantle wears their white jumper every second week, West Coast has its retro royal blue jumper for away games, and Brisbane alternates between the Brisbane maroon, the Fitzroy orange/red and a white strip for clashes.

The issue is plain. The only grey area is that the AFL was lax in enforcing this rule with Essendon and Collingwood. That has changed, and from next year Essendon will have a clash jumper to wear when they are the away team against a side like us with whom their regualar jumper clashes.

Ours is white because our clash is based upon reds and blues. Regardless of what you think, the AFL thinks we clash with Essendon, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, even Fremantle, so you see us wearing our white jumper in those games as white is a colour we can wear against these teams to avoid a clash. As rpfc has said, there is a history of white in this club, so it is fine to wear white. The issue of the jumper's design is separate, though, and I personally don't like it.

So the requirement is for each club to design a jumper that they can wear against all the clubs that the AFL determines there to be a clash with. For us, that means white. For Geelong, that means blue. Get it?

WYL, you're confusing yourself with this pathetic "maintain the rage" cloudy thnking.

Try to stick to a calm reasoned train of thought.

I Beg your Pardon. You are the one who just said you are all for the Clash white strip 100%

You my Friend are the one who is confused and easily led by AFL directives..Keep your eye on the Red & the Blue....(no mention of white in our song-how interesting) I am rock solid on what i believe-never cloudy.

There is no specific requirement for each of the 16 teams to have a white clash strip. Case in point: Geelong. Their clash strip is predominantly blue, as their home jumper clashes with North Melbourne based on the white in both jumpers.

Other competitions have a requirement for each team to have 'home' and 'away' jumpers (e.g. NBA, EPL). In the AFL, we don't have that requirement. The away team need only wear a different jumper to their home one if the AFL deems there to be a clash. Some teams, such as Fremantle, West Coast and Brisbane, choose to wear an alternate strip in all away games, which is why Fremantle wears their white jumper every second week, West Coast has its retro royal blue jumper for away games, and Brisbane alternates between the Brisbane maroon, the Fitzroy orange/red and a white strip for clashes.

The issue is plain. The only grey area is that the AFL was lax in enforcing this rule with Essendon and Collingwood. That has changed, and from next year Essendon will have a clash jumper to wear when they are the away team against a side like us with whom their regualar jumper clashes.

Ours is white because our clash is based upon reds and blues. Regardless of what you think, the AFL thinks we clash with Essendon, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, even Fremantle, so you see us wearing our white jumper in those games as white is a colour we can wear against these teams to avoid a clash. As rpfc has said, there is a history of white in this club, so it is fine to wear white. The issue of the jumper's design is separate, though, and I personally don't like it.

So the requirement is for each club to design a jumper that they can wear against all the clubs that the AFL determines there to be a clash with. For us, that means white. For Geelong, that means blue. Get it?

Could it be the AFL is infact wrong?? has this thought been canvassed at all???

I am yet to see a real clash, although i am told of them-I watch games and always i know what team is what-although with all the "new" jumpers i do get confused sometimes, and that does p@#$ss me off.