This heart beats true for the red and blue

jackaub

"Bask in the glory ?"...ugh.

Ugh indeed...

And what rubbish suggesting we will no longer be made to wear a white clash strip just because we win a premiership and become financially strong.

This fight is over. The final holdout, Essendon, has acceded to the AFL's will and is going to have a predominantly white clash guernsey next year.

You might as well be screaming and banging on about returning to an all-Victorian league. The world has moved on.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh indeed...

And what rubbish suggesting we will no longer be made to wear a white clash strip just because we win a premiership and become financially strong.

This fight is over. The final holdout, Essendon, has acceded to the AFL's will and is going to have a predominantly white clash guernsey next year.

You might as well be screaming and banging on about returning to an all-Victorian league. The world has moved on.

We shall see. Essendon members must vote on this. A Fight like this one is never over. AFL Commissioners are Transient beasts. The MFC will outlive Vlad, Anderson & co.

Yes.

Well that would mean their constitution has been changed over the last 2 years, and i doubt that.

A very passionate Essendon supporter mate of mine voted on the clash jumper 2 years ago i think it was. Members votes count.

If the Constitution at Essendon has changed, we all would have heard about it

Essendon supporters will never agree to wearing st.kilda colours without a bloody fight, and nor they should.

Well it's up to the Essendon members, but I hope their club makes them realize that the 2 options they are voting for are an alternative clash strip or huge fines handed out by the AFL.

Take your pick bombers, let's see how long you can afford to pay the fines...

Cam Schwab tweeted earlier that the new clash guernsey being worked on will be predominantly white. He adds that it will have a more heritage feel about it though, which I am looking forward to. Best guess would have to be something involving the interlinked MFC logo.

I hope so too. Like you, the white doesn't bother me so long as the design is good, and I'm not a fan of the current design. Too much like the Bulldog's white jumper.

The insignia would be nice. Better than the demon IMO.

I hope so too. Like you, the white doesn't bother me so long as the design is good, and I'm not a fan of the current design. Too much like the Bulldog's white jumper.

Well we'll be moving on from the current demon next year, and all indications have been that we'll be going towards something more like that little demon from the old membership card. I don't think he would go too well on a guernsey so at least our white guernsey won't have the 'cartoonish' tough that so many of them do.

It goes without saying, I'd imagine, that everyone would prefer we didn't have to have a white guernsey, but since we don't live in lollipop land where we always get everything we want, I am more concerned with having a good clash strip that we can learn to be proud of.

Cam Schwab's Twitter

CamSchwab: We are continuing to work on the brand plan that extends from the release of the emblem for 2011, including clash strip and the Demon.

CamSchwab: The clash strip will have a more traditional feel about it, but yes it will be predominately white. It will hark back to our heritage.

CamSchwab: These Demons come in all shapes and sizes. It was a seriously weird dude in the Age yesterday. Liking the way ours is emerging. Character.

Just hope we don't go too far re moving away from tradition.White is not our colour- we are the RED & the BLUE. There is no WHITE in our song for instance.. I think we should have gone for BLUE with our new emblem being Red would be the go.

Cam Schwab's Twitter

CamSchwab: We are continuing to work on the brand plan that extends from the release of the emblem for 2011, including clash strip and the Demon.

CamSchwab: The clash strip will have a more traditional feel about it, but yes it will be predominately white. It will hark back to our heritage.

CamSchwab: These Demons come in all shapes and sizes. It was a seriously weird dude in the Age yesterday. Liking the way ours is emerging. Character.

There is your answer.

I'm afraid it would appear all the maintained rage is going nowhere fast. Cam Schwab tweeted earlier that the new clash guernsey being worked on will be predominantly white. He adds that it will have a more heritage feel about it though, which I am looking forward to. Best guess would have to be something involving the interlinked MFC logo.

Were you thinking something like this?

mfcclash2007.jpg

or

mfcclash22007.jpg

Would something like that please you??

Well I see two contexts

1. What we have to live with at least in the short term (ie predomonately white)

2. What I would really like

In context of point 1, yeah I could live with something like that

A Q for you. Was that something like what you were thinking? Which of the 6 comes closest to what you like?

You should do a search for the clash jumper we wanted about two years ago.

Some of them were brilliant.

Indeed some were ok

I only put these up because InnerDemon said he thought based on tweet that next years clash jumper would probably incorporate the entwined MFC letters as the twwet said it would be heritage/tradition based

Whether it will have this element I don't have a clue. I thought it might be interesting to see what it "might" look like if it did

Presumably its all done and dusted, so this was not an attempt at influencing anything